It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I want the world to end...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by IamKels

I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars.

Concentrate on the good things I say.

edit on 20/8/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

Thank you.

Funny you should use that quote because for the longest time, the only thing that grounded me was the stars. I would look up and know that everything would be ok.

But something has been nagging at me, always, at the back of my head. I have seen it now; understand it now.
I want to concentrate on the good things as I have always done but now I fear I can no longer trust them.

Do you know what I mean?
Ahhhh I don't know, maybe I need to sleep - I am getting silly now.

I'm sure this feeling will pass, as does everything else

I am only 25, I have a lot to learn.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have similar ideas to you. I would sometimes like to have a family but would never make any children on a place that is as messed up as this place is. Existance on this planet leaves a bittersweet feeling in your core.

Thank you for existing OP. You might not feel like you are helping any change but everything you do however small you think it is is helping. A butterfly can flap it's wings and change the weather system one litte part that ends up in creating a tornado on the other side of the world.
edit on 20-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

Exactly how I feel every single morning I open my eyes, and I don't even have a "normal" job anymore. I barely even feel like conducting my own business, which I own and operate out of my home. It just doesn't matter to me anymore. For years I've wanted to just sit back and watch everything collapse to the ground, to see this multitude of fools I'm surrounded by, who haven't a clue about anything that's going on except football and their little jobs and their childish toys, run around with their hair on fire, eating each other alive because they failed to prepare for it, and because they deserve it. And it will happen, its happening now, all we have to do is wait. If you're realtively young, you'll see it all go down, and only the strongest will survive. I would say good luck, but we all know luck has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

To IamKels,

edit on 20-8-2012 by 0rbital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't want the world to end.

I want the rape of the world to end.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

I went through about a 10 year period of thoughts like this. I know how you feel. I even agree with how you feel. I made a decision at some point that if no one else seems to want to change things fast enough to survive then I would sit back and watch our downfall. Not that I'm trying to be mean, but maybe like you said we need it. Meanwhile I can be very happy knowing who I AM I that IS.

Then my thinking changed. I am changing people through their very outlook on life, by making them know that life isn't the only game. I've decided that I will be waiting studying and planning. There is no rush because I don't mind a collapse, but maybe at some point I will find a way to snap people out of it.

Would that go against their will?

All I can tell you is that out of this JADED ness you WILL at some point get a certain strength that will come from your feeling of "nothing matters" Then you will have the strength to make up different ways to play this game, or maybe even making up your own game. When you have nothing to lose you have everything to gain.

It's not like death is an end. What if when we die we come right back here? What if in the longer game of life after life it's better to change things as we die, so that when we come back LIFE is worth more?

"If you are from the light it's not good to play in the dark. The world's dark and if you come here it will extinguish your flame."
~Tupac

"I am so different in the way that I think that I can either change the world or be changed by it."
~Tupac

It's O.K. Find out what you want. Do that. It's all a game. Have fun with it. The collapse or END will come or won't come with no help from you or me, so I don't put much energy into the Idea. I don't mind either outcome, because either outcome is beneath the GAME I have decided to play, and that is not just the game of LIFE.

I understand other people care more about life, and I hope they get to keep living for their own sakes. I don't wish to shake them up too much. I respect their game, but it is not the same as me. I am accepting of them so they accept me in my way of thinking.

PS. The game I am playing is the game of I AM LOVE... I just spread it and play and be good and help and grow and enjoy.. It is worth more than life or society for me. I Live in God. hehe SMILE

edit on 8/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I agree. infact you just gave me the idea to write a song about it

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

I do not think it is selfish at all to want this world to end. I believe we are in the time of the end, which is different to end of time. I believe totally in heaven and a burning end called hell (you don't burn eternally, the effects are eternal, meaning you burn once but never come back) I believe in the biblical account of everything and am looking very forward to eternity in heaven. No sorrow, tears or anything remotely like here. I believe we get weary and wonder whats next or yearn for God. He is right there too. This place is temporary, whats next is eternal.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Funny, I have the same conversation to myself as its not something you tell your buddy as his kids are his world...I get that. As I was reading my mind was jumping into further thought I have and wham! You say the same damn thing. I know there are many people happy(complacent) with their lives, many youngsters that should have a shot at growing up in some normalcy, but the same, I want some big sh1t to go down, break the system, start a new. We will see but I'm sure with the path were on, it's inevitable.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

The good news is, you will get your wish. The world will end...as we know it to be, and what makes mankind destructive will be removed and technology will disappear as Jesus hits the reset button on Creation.

The End? No.

The Beginning.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How very very emo.... and selfish

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamKels

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by IamKels

I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars.

Concentrate on the good things I say.

edit on 20/8/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

Thank you.

Funny you should use that quote because for the longest time, the only thing that grounded me was the stars. I would look up and know that everything would be ok.

But something has been nagging at me, always, at the back of my head. I have seen it now; understand it now.
I want to concentrate on the good things as I have always done but now I fear I can no longer trust them.

Do you know what I mean?
Ahhhh I don't know, maybe I need to sleep - I am getting silly now.

I'm sure this feeling will pass, as does everything else

I am only 25, I have a lot to learn.

why does there have to be some kind of calamity for you to change your own life? sell everything and go live out in the woods or go be a bum collecting cans in the city. maybe you've had things too easy? why should others suffer just so you can find some kind of meaning to YOUR life?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't think a thread ever described how I feel so accurately such as this one. And I think a lot of people feel the same way too. You're not alone OP.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was thinking about what you wrote long before you wrote it. I started this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I didn't get much response.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by IamKels

I think a good 2 week wilderness camping trip might help you to get balanced and to see and enjoy nature...step off the treadmill...just saying..

2nd'd: Go for a good long walk
rather than envision death and destruction for the rest of us...

Own a successful business? I (we) envy you.

edit on 20-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's incredibly selfish. But I'm guessing you must be depressed, a doctor can help with that. You don't have to suffer alone.

More than half of the Americans who suffer from depression now seek treatment, up from one-third 10 years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thank you. I agree. We are not meant to live this way. Its a shame we created suc great tech, but we really should be living comfortably. We should have good times and not be subjected to "work days", or even hours.. Even the segregation of days and weeks and minutes and hours is just wrong. We are controlld 30 minutes by 30 minutes. We are so much more. I feel ya op. I hope u get some enjoyment. But I feel the same, as does many others

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sounds like you have a mental illness, most likely depression. Go work out and it's no ones fault but your own you didn't follow your dream. Your life is pointless because you made it that way lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

I suggest buying a nice mountaineering backpack, a one man tent, marmot or North face sleeping bag, some freeze dried mountain house food, a bear canister and a few other supplies needed like a flash light (head lamp too), stove and mess kit ect.

Then, Locate the nearest National Park, pick up a wilderness permit and then hit the trail for a week or so. You will come back a new man with an entire different perspective on life. Works for me every time. Oh almost forgot, get a thermarest sleeping pad (the one that turns into a camping chair) and a fishing pole as well. Then get back to us.
~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join