It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am offered a Lifeline, but how can I leave American Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You can run and you can hide but the IRS will collect your money as far as i know.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Go for it! having said that I have to say it sounds to good to be true. I have done some research in this area and I seriously doubt there is such a place and who ever is making you this offer is exaggerating things.

Is there is reason you cannot tell us the place? Where ever it is I would look into the realities of living there much deeper. Most 3rd world countries have very corrupt governments etc. that can be a problem especially for American expatriots.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

If you don't mind me asking, where is this land of milk and honey you could be going too. Sounds nice, might book a holiday there

land of milk and honey my friend is where you got the money, where the sky has no chemtrails
and corn is not GMO

Where you might ask ??

Sochi Russia. Putin government is strong, no debts, due to nationalized central bank,
and no one dares attack Sochi because they would suffer the wrath of Russian Federation.

Also something tells me people there don't like US/Israeli bombing imperialism ....just like me.

Also I hear Russian women are hot (while younger), anyway different attitude, different culture

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, I decided to go. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There is a severe lack of patriotism and honor in this thread. But oh well.

This is a personal choice. You shouldn't be listening to people to tell you to "Go, do it, I would." Because it isn't their life. It isn't their choice, their emotions, or their results they have to live with. They speak of regrets for not taking this opportunity, but their may be regrets either way. The truth is a double edged sword and you need to find out where YOU stand, not everyone else.

The fact that you even came forth that you were having second thoughts goes to show me that you care about some bigger picture a little bit more than your own small selfish happiness as it seems most people here are only worried about. There is a greater whole to these things, and that is what you have to look at.

If you leave, and America collapsed or there were a revolution here - would you want to be a part of that? Would you want to fight to make sure that it was restored to what history speaks that it could be?

Or would you be content living in your beach home with your bikini bride hearing the news from afar either way - America rises again... or America falls and dies, burning to the ground - you having no part in that.

If you are content with that last scenario than go. That is up to you. But the doubt is already there. Whether you can overcome that doubt and worry about yourself more than the mothership - the ideal that is freedom here at home... that is a task for your own mind.

Best of luck either way.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have traveled a great deal internationally. As someone raised in the US here are some general pros and cons from my own decision list.

Pros to living in a developing country

-things are far less expensive
-service is incredible compared to the US; workers do a great job and enjoy doing it.
-People form friendships more readily
-Leisure is respected: it is o.k. if lunch takes an hour and a half.
-frequently closer to nature
-easygoing attitudes
-history much deeper than US's 100-500 years.

Cons to living in a developing country

-Lack of an American sense of punctuality; inability to truly bust a ---- to get things done
-less access to quality dental and medical care
-corruption is often prevalent
-lack of standards in safety equipment, goods & services, etc.
-bureaucracy is often glacially slow and completely unresponsive to human need.
-lack of market specialization. Store carries one kind of deodorant, one brand of cereal, one brand of feminine product.

A lot of your experience derives from your attitude. I have traveled across a continent with a coworker who spent the whole time furious that things didn't compare with America. And yet we stayed in lavish hotels that cost us about 20 bucks a day. Even with a catered breakfast in our suite, he complained about how the maids had starched his blue jeans (they ironed and pressed SIX WEEKS of laundry for 5 bucks.....and besides, that's the fashion there.) He couldn't wait to find a cheeseburger, and I ate more exotic (excellent, organic) food in 6 weeks than I have in the rest of my life.

If you like adventure, Go.

If you value comfort, Stay.

and never look back---you can never go back, because no man steps into the same river twice.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by petertheskinny
Thank you everyone, I decided to go. Thanks.

Congrats on your decision! I hope everything goes well and as planned for you!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As someone who took the "leave" option myself, I say, good choice!

You might feel badly for friends or family left behind in the US, but when the ship really is far in the sinking process, it's every man for himself. And I think that is where we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join