It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone care how they fix the economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Now I have read a lot of statement saying the next POTUS will fix the economy.

Which, in all honesty is kind of rediculous. But, I digress...

Now if this were possible, and a president did manage to do this, Does it matter how he does it?

What if he sold Hawaii to China? Why stop there sell off some other assets, less cost to the taxpayer!
What if he criminalized abortion, with new Extremely high fines, that would make some happy, and add some cash.
What if he made constitutional right a commodity to be bought and sold, I'll take your free speech please!
What if he began selling citizens organs... or citizens whole.
What if he remanded the monopolization regulations.... That would create a lot of jobs... well at first
What if he built a giant fence, to keep out immigration, then everyone could get jobs... 2 dollars an hour is way to much, pay me less
What if he deregulated the entire finacial sector, you know we can trust those guys to watch themselves and make everyone rich....
What if he sends in a bunch of troops to destroy any country with oil and rob them, watch out Canada!
What if he sold off tons of US arsenal to any country that would pay, I mean sell off even more of it
What if he legalized all drugs and made the government the only dealer, Are you legally licensed to sell me crack?

There are lots of ways to stimulate the economy, especially when you think outside the box.
Who cares how it gets done, just get er' done!

(BTW Get er' Done would be the best campaign slogan ever!)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

We should invade Canada. Damn moose chuckers. Take their oil and diamonds. Knock those snaughty french ones down a peg. All the syrup will be ours!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
First thing would be to ban cats

Then. Invoke a really large war and cull the population

Then start the whole ugly process all over

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

We should invade Canada. Damn moose chuckers. Take their oil and diamonds. Knock those snaughty french ones down a peg. All the syrup will be ours!

Or they could just ask for and accept donations....

Wait what?

To OP...the problem is that the people who are spending money from the budget that we don't have... have never had to live within a budget themselves. If you could get a few single moms/dads and blue collar workers in there, I guarantee that they could fix the budget. We know how to eat for a week on $10.00, because we've had to. It makes a difference IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Even if you could work out how to do it, chances are you would squander it anyway.

Damn yanks

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wait....

If the economy was fixed then what would they have to scare us with and to blame the high prices on???

In the long run debt, in this day and age, is nothing but digital data anyway. You want to know who I'd vote for? The candidate who ran on the "I will hit the reset button. THIS ONES A DO OVER" platform.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The LARGEST EMPLOYER of the U.S. Population is SMALL BUSINESS...yet neither party has done anything to help the Largest Employer...over 80% of all jobs...and if you help fix this...the economy will soon follow.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In the long run debt, in this day and age, is nothing but digital data anyway. You want to know who I'd vote for? The candidate who ran on the "I will hit the reset button. THIS ONES A DO OVER" platform.

Except that would bankrupt a TON of people unfairly. The elderly, the poor, the middle class, the Domo. We are all tied into a system that I doubt anyone understands fully, and if you hit that reset button I really think it would just screw everyone.

It sucks that so many are in debt, but it would also suck to see everyone that was relying on others debt (everyone with an investment) get screwed. There has to be a better way. I would like to see everyone have access to housing, medical care, food and clean water. I don't want to see everyone lose access at once though. The reset button would still not create a level playing field. Some would have resources, some would not. Over time those with resources would be able to accumulate more, and eventually it's back to where we are now.

You find me a magic wand and I'll wave it though.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Venus Project
A man can always dream.

Why fix a problem when it can be removed.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
The LARGEST EMPLOYER of the U.S. Population is SMALL BUSINESS...yet neither party has done anything to help the Largest Employer...over 80% of all jobs...and if you help fix this...the economy will soon follow.
Split Infinity

I agree. Here is what small business owners have to say.

If small-business owners alone voted, Mitt Romney would win the presidency handily. A recent Gallup poll of 9,925 employed, registered voters showed that 57 percent of business owners favor the Republican nominee, while 37 percent prefer President Obama.

www.entrepreneur.com...

Romney is the clear candidate if you believe in Small Business America like I do.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Wait....

If the economy was fixed then what would they have to scare us with and to blame the high prices on???

~Heff

Here is a question, who is the largest owner of US debt?

What would you say if you worked at a company that had a significant amount of debt owned by the employees, and then decided to come up with a brilliant idea of wiping that debt.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

And all the Canadian bacon you could eat.......good idea!

Now to the OP,

Question really is...how do you fix something that is so broken from the top down without crashing it to the floor in a violent fashion?

Answer? You don't......it has to fall hard.

Besides, we're a little beyond fixing it by now aren't we? After all you cannot fix a severed head with a bandaide and a tylenol.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Wait....

~Heff

What would you say if you worked at a company that had a significant

amount of debt owned by the employees, and then decided to come up with a brilliant idea of wiping that debt.

Majority is owned by the us government and the citizens of the usa

So here in lies the problem

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Slash and burn the government.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
We were in a depression when Gerald Ford was in office, in fact that was when the first oil crises occurred... Jimmy Carter had insight as to how bad thing were going to get and announced to the nation that some changes were needed to change the direction we were headed financially......... Ronald Reagan who had been groomed for the roll of president campaigned against Carter claiming that he would do away with the 300 billion dollar national debt in 4 years and came close to tripling it........ Jimmy Carter was the only president in the 62 years I've been alive that spoke the truth, and as has become common standard operational procedure since, all of the people that run for public office are liars and the voters love being lied to...... The country has been disunited with the split being very close to 50/50 which is just enough to be believable when voting machines are manipulated and votes are counted in a manner that allows the crooks and thieves to continue sticking it to those of us that still believe that their votes count........Maybe we will get lucky and be nuked back to the stone age and enough of us that has knowledge of the history that has brought us down will survive and be listened to them instead of selling out to someone relying on scare tactics and terror to get manipulate the polls.... Killing the bastard lobbyist and the bastard politicians that get rich on the bribes would be at the top of the list of things that must be done... Even if we regress to the way we lived 50 or 100 years ago when it didn't take more than one bread winner per family to live and we had less crap possessions, enough quality food to eat and affordable medical care we for the most part would be better off.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Wait....

~Heff

What would you say if you worked at a company that had a significant

amount of debt owned by the employees, and then decided to come up with a brilliant idea of wiping that debt.

Majority is owned by the us government and the citizens of the usa

So here in lies the problem

My point exactly. Hitting the "do over" button means about 12 trillion dollars are stolen from Americans. Brilliant plan. Not to mention spending is out of control and you will quickly be 16 trillion in debt in a few years. As soon as spending is slashed the debt to foreign sources won't be too hard to pay off.

new topics

top topics

join