It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visioning technique---teach yourself then teach your child---

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The Visioning ProcessMy grandma was a very intuitive kind loving teacher. She not only took the time to feed me physically she fed me mentally and spiritually...She taught me to Visualize things I needed and/or wanted into a reality. Since she started teaching me these things at such a young and trusting age it was easy for me to grasp and achieve the gift of visualization. I in returned have been able to share and quite easily teach it to my daughter. What I noticed is that my daughter seems to have caught this technique with thrice the ability. I only wish my Grandmother was alive to witness what her love grew and blossomed into. I would love to hear from others that have this gift and share some stories.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This probably belongs in the metaphysics forum.
I read part of your link about it.
It mentions art therapy and inner child to heal.

I don't really do much visioning as you call it.
Shouldn't it be visualizing or envisioning ?
I have my own way of using my imagination for a desired outcome that isn't worth discussing.

I find my artistic expression is at its peak with me when I'm most depressed. ( your link said the opposite of that). It definitely helps me feel better because it helps to preoccupy my mind with other things as opposed to me thinking too much about whatever is depressing me.

My inner child has stayed with me well into adulthood and I enjoy being immature.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Is there a way to move this thread to where you suggested???As far as the term i had to go to google for that because we never had a name for it....other than wishing or daydreaming or night dreaming...but of most of the sites I visited the one I posted came the closest to how it was passed to me and how I passed it to my daughter and I also taught my niece and well after a while students become teachers...but was always practiced lovingly...I'll give an example of my daughter....from the time she was born when putting her to bed I would always say have sweet dreams and in the morning tell mommy what they were all about.

Even before she could talk. Then every morning upon wakening I would ask her about her dream even though babies cant talk right away they still love this sort of interaction well then as she started to be able to form one word then two...ect we would still continue our same routine...then lo and behold when she was about 2 yrs old she woke up one morning sooo excited and giggleling and laughing I pulled her into my lap and said"Ahh...you had a good dream tell mamma what you saw...she burst out laughing and saying ELEPHANT mama ELEPHANT....we hugged and laghed and talked about the elephant...2 hours later I had an unexpected errend to run that was in the next town and I could not believe what was lined up on the side of the road....4 to 5 Great big Elephants Of course we pulled over and boy was my baby girl happy...It was one of those traveling circuses the old man that was with the circus told me they usually never come to the smaller town but something with one of thier trucks needed fixed so the mechanic gave them permission to do a one night show in the vacant lot next to his shop...the old man let me and my baby girl take a peek at the elephants and other animals for free since its was so early in the day...one of my most awsome memories!!!!

new topics

join