It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Top Gun' director Tony Scott dead after jumping off bridge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I've read some past bio's of Scott especially interviews with actors, who always describe him as an upbeat character, who has a very manic and hyper style of directing, with plenty of joking around on the set. Doesn't seem like the sort of personality that would suffer from depression to the point of suicide. He still had a number of projects in the works, and did his production company just wrapped up Prometheus. So you can't say he was suffering from neglect or a stagnant career.

Actually this is extremely common in people with Bipolar disorder. I've watched many Tony Scott films over the years and, especially in Domino his visual style actually reminded me of my own experiences with hypermanic states.

Just food for thought.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by caladonea
I read that Tony Scott was recently diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer; perhaps that diagnosis is the reason he decided to take his own life.

Right - - inoperable brain Cancer.

I was thinking of my aunt who put a gun to her head. She had a brain tumor.

Maybe it was the Cancer itself affecting his thought process.

edit on 20-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

My heart goes out to you...about your Aunt. I don't really know anything about brain cancer...but I think your theory is a very good one...perhaps the thought process is affected in a negative direction.

Thanks. I didn't know her. It was before I was born. She was my mother's sister.

But - - the story is similar. She was diagnosed. She was scheduled for an operation. But took her life the day before.

Did she fear the surgery or the results of the surgery? Or was it the pressure on her brain?

I just don't think the Cancer itself can be ruled out as affecting his brain.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
No one jump off a bridge unless

A: it's to kill yourself.
B: You are attached to a bungy cord.
C: It's really low.
D: You have been pushed off.
E: There is a train coming.

So sorry for this guy's family but...

LMFAO so much I'm choking...
Really cheered me up you have, thanks a lot

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stonedhenge

Originally posted by Stonedhenge

Do you realize he had to climb a fence first?
I wasn't there. I didn't watch him jump.

Originally posted by Stonedhenge

Most of your points do not even apply remotely.
I was simply providing possibilities, in order to show that there are many many many more possible reasons, aside from the previously-posted definitive list of only 5 possibilities. I never claimed that any of those possibilities actually applied to this specific scenario. However, they still remain as possibilities nonetheless.

Possible? Yup

Probable? Nope. Most of them are not very probable.

edit on 8/20/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
true romance is in my top 5 all time.
what sucks is tony scott was not a member of ats. if he was, and he had brain cancer, then he would have seen there are alternative possibilities / cures.

i love tony scott movies. AND he broke thru the 'ethnocentric chozen ceiling' of hollywood to get to make big blockbuster films.

remember in hollywood, 50% of all the jobs go to TWO percent of the artsts, the chozen artists.

the so called g0yam, making up 98% of the artists, are battling for the remaining 50% of the jobs.

that tells you, if a g0y makes it in hollywood, he REALLY had to work hard.

where as a chozen director, his odds are incredibly easier to break in, because there are so many more 'opportunities' for him.

chozen 2% get 50% of the jobs
g0yam 98% fight for 50% of the jobs

it is simple math. and it is OBJECTIVE math. those are the facts. dont believe me, flip over any american dvd in any store. count the names.

tony scott fought his way up, made great movies, and it sucks he took off so early. i try to only support g0y film makers, just as the chozen only support the chozen.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
Sounds like he finally sat down and watched one of his own films.

really eh!!, what movies have you made lately??

thought so!
one love Mr Scott

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy

Originally posted by trysts
Sounds like he finally sat down and watched one of his own films.

really eh!!, what movies have you made lately??

thought so!
one love Mr Scott

I didn't say anything mean, I tried to explain what I meant on the bottom of the third page.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not sure if its been mentioned but...

Scott reportedly suffered from inoperable brain cancer before his death.

www.tmz.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the sky....think about it everynight and day....spread my reptilian imposter batwings and fly away leaving the empty shell I hid in to plummet and die!!!!!

thats right tony scott is really obama

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No one jump off a bridge unless

A: it's to kill yourself.
B: You are attached to a bungy cord.
C: It's really low.
D: You have been pushed off.
E: There is a train coming.

F. You were told to jump or they kill you and your family and everyone you know...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the sky....think about it everynight and day....spread my reptilian imposter batwings and fly away leaving the empty shell I hid in to plummet and die!!!!!

thats right tony scott is really obama

Cant sp0t him in the pic at all. C0uld s0me0ne circle it.
edit on 20-8-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ook33
reply to post by nine11

Is it really necessary to doubt everything ? Doubting everything is as crazy as believing everything. A man committed suicide, I don't see what smells like BS in this.

Yes he committed "suicide". And when he hit the water, the worlds best scuba diving team was there with oxygen and a mini-sub.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

Can you please correctly spell, or define at the very least, the following words you used in your comment:

1) g0y
2) g0yam

What the hell are these words???? Never seen them before!

NvM...just found it on urbandictionary website:

Goyam
"goyam = Anyone who isn't of the Jewish faith, as described by someone who is."

Goy
"goy = A word used by some Jews to refer to Gentiles (non-Jews). The word can have derogatory connotations, such as the word "black" when used to refer to a persons of African descent. It can be neutral or negative depending on the context and the intent of the speaker."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So then, you must be Jewish?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Inoperable brain tumor.

Poor bloke

Guess it was just choice A:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Inoperable brain tumor.

Poor bloke

Guess it was just choice A:

He should have gotten a SECOND OPINION from another doctor outside of the US who may have a treatment rather than committing suicide.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine11

Originally posted by Ook33
reply to post by nine11

Is it really necessary to doubt everything ? Doubting everything is as crazy as believing everything. A man committed suicide, I don't see what smells like BS in this.

Yes he committed "suicide". And when he hit the water, the worlds best scuba diving team was there with oxygen and a mini-sub.

Do you think he staged his own death just like MJ did?
He could have directed this move himself (ironic if it were true)
edit on 20-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I guy with this much m0ney especially, c0u*ld 0f g0tten a cyanide pill.

Hes' just a dramatic bl0ke wanted t0 g07out with a bang

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A talented movie maker gone.....RIP Tony.

According to this article, Tony Scott and Tom Cruise had visited a Nevada Naval air station as early as last Friday as part of the research for Top Gun 2 and he had three advanced projects on his plate as well as several very interesting projects in the wings.

There was a production deal in the works to rewrite the script for Narco Sub, a story about a disgraced American naval officer forced to pilot a sub carrying a payload of coc aine to America.

He just seemed to have a lot of creative projects to look forward to. A terrible loss.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Tony Scott committed suicide in an extremely public manner. I have read through some articles on various sites on the internet and do not believe he had a brain tumour/illness. He was screaming out for help - to the public - by committing suicide in the public manner that he did. In effect he was screaming for the public to look at him and his pain. He had recently directed the faked landing on the planet Mars.

He was recruited - he sold out - he duped the public and when he came to his senses he could not live with what he had done. He duped the public and he committed suicide in public. Look at the psychology of his behaviour.

For those who believe he committed suicide because he had a brain tumour/illness - please answer these questions for me. How do you know he had a brain problem? Where is the proof - aside from reading about it on the internet? Why would a man with loads of money not seek out expert medical professionals when money is no problem? Brain problems can be cured - just see Dr Burzynski.

Why would he leave his family? Why would he leave a successful life? If he did have a brain illness - that is a private personal issue - why not commit suicide in a private personal manner? As for the suicide note - what does it say and where was it left and to whom was it addressed? These are all important psychological factors that will help professionals explain the reason for suicide.

Tony Scott committed suicide because he could not live with what he had on his conscience. It is always sad when a person considers suicide and much sadder when they act and succeed. He knew he could not tell the world his secret so he did what he could - he committed a very public suicide to give the awakened and thinking people something to study. He knew his days would be numbered if he told the truth and so he refused to let the cabal/illuminati/whatever take his life - he took his own life to try - in a convoluted and sad manner - to show the cabal/illuminati/whatever that they could not control his will. He had no earthly way out of his psychological pain and took the only option he saw as valid.

Rest in peace.

Much Peace...

NB If you want to convince me I am wrong - please answer my questions and not with internet links - please answer my questions with information that is valid and obtained by your own research and intellect. I am up for being convinced please do it with logic and sound intellectual discourse - not with angst and links.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Tony Scott committed suicide in an extremely public manner. I have read through some articles on various sites on the internet and do not believe he had a brain tumour/illness. He was screaming out for help - to the public - by committing suicide in the public manner that he did. In effect he was screaming for the public to look at him and his pain. He had recently directed the faked landing on the planet Mars.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Yes - - I know - - this is a conspiracy site.

My guess is the Cancer affected his thought process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join