It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Top Gun' director Tony Scott dead after jumping off bridge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Who says he was happy? Just because someone is successful and wealthy doesn't mean they are happy. He was obviously unhappy and played an acted for friends and family unless there is more we haven't heard yet. It's a sad story but I dont see anything suspicious about it. Hollywood types DO commit suicide, they are not immune to depression or any other health issue.

I love Top Gun, one of the few movies I can watch with Tom Cruise. I prefer the volley ball scene as my favorite and anything with a younger and hotter Val Kilmer.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm not judging anything based on Randy Quaid's opinion. That guy is whacked already

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Certainly sad news for his family and fans. The man certainly was a success and apparently had multiple projects going and many more waiting in the wings. This is just terrible for his young sons and wife.

What's troubling to me, is that according to witnesses he jumped without hesitation in the middle of the afternoon. He parked his car, climbed a rather tall fence and jumped without ever a second thought. He was clearly hell bent on taking his own life. One suicide note in his car and another in his office.

Just last week in my neck of the woods, a major highway was shut down for hours due to a "jumper" who was sitting on an overpass contemplating his next move. Police were able to talk him down. Tony Scott never even stopped to second guess himself. That's deep!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
maybe he got fed up looking at scripts for future films.

Argh. there all bloody remakes ....... argh

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure just climbing that fence would not be for the feint at heart so to carry through without hesitation suggests a deeply troubled mind. RIP

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
With out criticizing, it's "whacked" or "offed". "Whacked off" sounds like masturbation.

On topic, Why would a famous, rich man kill himself? Maybe in to debt so far, there's no way out. Or in debt to the wrong people.
Guess it goes to show, money can't buy happiness.

I'm just asking an honest question, please don't constue this as any kind of attack: why is someone who doesn't appear to ever believe in any kind of conspiracies on a conspiracy website? I'm truly curious. For example, I don't believe in religion (but I believe in God and spirituality), so you would never find me on a religious website - I can't be bothered.

Anyway, Tony Scott is the brother of Ridley Scott, director of Prometheus - and many of us here believe Prometheus possibly touched on some truths - that have been covered up.

Seems like we have lots of motive for the PTB.

It seems to me also, that most educated/intelligent people, choose a method of ending their lives that is relatively painless and simple like drugs or a bullet to the brain.

I think there is ample fodder for conspiracy here, given especially the successful and happy state of this person's life, and anyone dismissing conspiracies about this out of hand - WTH are you doing on this site?

Let's break this one open ATS! Expose the soul sucking scum dwelling PTB to the light of day, and maybe help give the family some closure - left as a suicide closure would be tough.

edit on 20-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We does everyone keep saying depression? Maybe he simply had a terminal disease?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
yeh like the suspect bladder infection that needs five days in hospital for

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Tony Scott.. Kenny loggins called he says you are in the DANGA ZONE!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow...I enjoyed most of his movies. Loved "Man On Fire", Enemy of the State, Crimson Tide and "The Taking of Pelham 123".

RIP Mr. Scott and condolences to his family and friends.

His family's production company, Ridley Scott & Associates produced Beyonce's video for "World Humanitarian Day", which was yesterday (August 19th). I think the UN General Assembly Hall was shut down during the video shoot.

Beyonce & World Humanitarian Day

Maybe he couldn't stomach working with her and the "Jay-Z crew"?

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If I were that loaded and wanted to kill myself I'm sure there would be other options :/ Getting a hitman to do an instakill would be my preferred option, and otherwise I'd just buy a gun or some other painless option, a guillotine with an actual brute perhaps

To everyone struggling with suicidal thoughts, think about every option there is and you will soon realize that unless you have the cash to spend, no option really is worth the pain or trouble.

Jumping off anything, goddamn, you're conscious until the very second you hit the ground, I'm sure "life flashing by" was invented together with jumping off high things. (Don't slit your wrists either because after the first cut and blood squirting everywhere you'll want to call the ambulance in complete panic, pills will make you vomit all over yourself, even a gun is not always too efficient,... what I'm trying to say is; think twice, and after that, think another 140 times before you try to do something stupid)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Blockbuster movies are a lucrative buissness. I wouldnt be surprised if people would move in the gray area of the law to gain an edge. However there has not been one suicide/accident case that turned out to be murder later.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by niobe

this thing about the UN and beyonce is beyond me.pun intended.
looks like sacrifice,Hollywood gives and Hollywood takes.Ridley got Prometheus they got tony.
or something

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A filmmaker commit suicide and yet I'm on ATS for info.

We will never know what Mr. Scott went thru unless they reveal what was written in the suicide note. A lot can happen that would push someone to end his own life. It's not because you are wealthy and famous that all the rest is peachy!

But,

The reason Im on Ats discussing this instead of reading MSM and moving on is because, it seems to me, that 68 years old is a strange age to end your life.

Im not a professional on the subject at all, but from what I know, it seems that "most" people who commit suicide do it in their teenage or young adult age. Taking one own life is an act of surrender when face with an issue. It's a solution for not being able to move on. (Cant let go of the past, or cant face the future)

It seems to me that when you are married with 2 children and you have a great job and wealth, + there is less life to live than what you have, hard times could be easily overcome.

That being said, I do not know what Mr.Scott had to deal with and if it;s the case, maybe was to hard for him to deal with. That's why the clinical problem sounds about right! Maybe had a prognosis that he couldn't deal with! Alzheimer would be really hard to accept for anyone let alone a filmmaker.

But again.... wouldnt we know about this. MSM prides themselves in knowing this type of things. The doctor would come forward (maybe will) or the family would mention something.

And...

That is why I feel this is a wee bit shady! Im not saying I see a conspiracy and that he knew something or whatever, Im just saying that killing yourself when you are 68 is probably not really common....

That's why I'm on ATS right now.

RIP Mr Tony Scott.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Especially as the main 'bad government' characters birthday was 9 11

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe he killed himself because the flattery from Nick Rockefeller dried up for some reason?

video.google.com...

How many other Hollywood producers, Directors did Nick Rockefeller take in to his 'group' other than Aaron Russo's failed attempt?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, if the last movie he directed was in the late 1980's, that could be why he committed suicide. In a world where hasbeen directers and actors fizzle out and become forgotten nobodies (normal people again), that fall from fame is a long drop. A drop Lindsay Lohan has begun in freefall.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
It said on the BBC news website that he was rumoured to be working with Tom Cruise on a sequel to Top Gun...... Maybe Tom or his friends didn't like the way he was doing things ?

BBC news

Maybe he made the scient0l0gist mad and 0ne 0f them had him whacked 0ff.

Just makes n0 sense t0 me. VERY SAD DAY
edit on 20-8-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

i am shocked about the news of his passing, i am even more shocked at some people`s reactions to it. but i guess this is normal in a society run by psychopaths.

the amount of pain that a person like mr. scott must have been going through to do what he did, i can not imagine. more and more i find it harder to believe all of these stories we are being fed, this one especially. i am sure that there is much more than we are being told. and i guess i would be holding my breath to expect the truth for just once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join