page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

'Top Gun' director Tony Scott dead after jumping off bridge

latimesblogs.latimes.com

'Top Gun' director Tony Scott dead after jumping off bridge
"Top Gun" director Tony Scott fatally jumped off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro on Sunday afternoon, according to Los Angeles police sources.

His body was pulled out of the water by Los Angeles Police Department, California Highway Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard officials.

[For the record, 9:48 p.m. Aug. 19: An earlier version of this post incorrectly said a suicide note was found in Scott's car, which was parked on the bridge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
WE*LC0ME 2 THE DANGA Z0NE DA DA DA DANGAZ0NE

Scott was a respected action-movie director who also made Enemy of the State,Beverly Hills Cop II" "Crimson Tide.

Seems very strange. Randy Quaid: has talked ab0ut these h0llyw00d whackers
www.cbsnews.com...

Seems very suspici0us this wealthy happy man
w0uld. Jump 0ff a bridge./

RIP SIR SA*LUTE

Questi0n remains was he whacked 0ff

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-8-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No one jump off a bridge unless

A: it's to kill yourself.
B: You are attached to a bungy cord.
C: It's really low.
D: You have been pushed off.
E: There is a train coming.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

hard to tell in hollywood where the dust and debris rarely settles around the smoke and mirrors
peace be in us
~may all souls be free~

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I hope his family comes through this OK. Suicide is rough on the survivors.

An all-too-common tale these days, it seems. Suicide is on the upswing and it seems to effect people from all walks of life.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
With out criticizing, it's "whacked" or "offed". "Whacked off" sounds like masturbation.

On topic, Why would a famous, rich man kill himself? Maybe in to debt so far, there's no way out. Or in debt to the wrong people.
Guess it goes to show, money can't buy happiness.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

depression can affect anyone.

no one is immune

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sounds like he finally sat down and watched one of his own films.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
People are speculating that he may have been having health problems. He probably got the word that he was getting Alzheimer's and decided to check out before he lost any of his faculties. It seems sudden to us, but perhaps he thought about it for several days.

You gotta hand it to these over-achievers - when they set their minds on doing something, by gosh, they get it done.

He directed one of my favorite conspiracy movies, Enemy of the State. He also directed True Romance - a super cool movie from 1993 with Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
True Romance was such an amazing movie. That was his crowning achievment.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
No one jump off a bridge unless

A: it's to kill yourself.
B: You are attached to a bungy cord.
C: It's really low.
D: You have been pushed off.
E: There is a train coming.

"D"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It said on the BBC news website that he was rumoured to be working with Tom Cruise on a sequel to Top Gun...... Maybe Tom or his friends didn't like the way he was doing things ?

BBC news

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Crazy. It's hard to believe what I'm reading sometimes. I grew up with many of his movies, they were mind blowing back then, and now he's gone. Left behind wife and kids too.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

It's a conspiracy. He faked his death and snuck off to an underground base to cash in and await the apocalypse. Liz Taylor and Michael Jackson are down as well. I thought every one knew this by now? It is 2012 after all.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
Sounds like he finally sat down and watched one of his own films.

How does this comment have two stars? Everyone's entitled to their opinion on his films, but this sort of statement is just sickening. Suicide is no joking matter.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
"Enemy of the State"
Second that Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is sad news. If crazy people could just not see a conspiracy in this and making of this thread a total joke, it would be most respectful for this great man.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Cmon guys, dont tell me you actually BELIEVE this story??? It has b.s written all over it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nine11

Is it really necessary to doubt everything ? Doubting everything is as crazy as believing everything. A man committed suicide, I don't see what smells like BS in this.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I wonder what was troubling the poor guy? This is terrible I enjoyed many of his films, and the exuded talent. Not on the artistic and visceral level like his brother Ridley, but he could make one heck of action/suspense film. As another poster mentioned, "True Romance," will go down as one of his best along with "Crimson Tide." The guy had so much talent, and appeared to be on top of the world. I often ponder what propels a man or woman to just hang things up abruptly and cash in? Even when it appears they are financially stable, successful, and have a family. Apparently, there is more to life than just that? Sad news! Condolences to his family.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join