It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what I actually do

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
For a living when I'm not blathering on about UFOs and the such like.... This is a track I co wrote and sang for my band's drummer's solo album.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Listening to it now, and I'm impressed..

good job...nice vocals...and tell your co writer good job as well.

By the way..love your avatar.. makes me smile..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Very cool FireMoon! Colin Hay meets Pink Floyd.

Dig your voice, brother. Vid was creepily cool, too. Rock On.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Watched an listened to the video multiple times. There seemed to be a disconnect between the video and the sung word.

It really didn't make any sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wow, wonderful! I would have had a different video made though. Keep up the good work!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have been playing and involved in music for the last 30 years..........

The songs structure is good, I like your voice, you have a nice depth. I don't like to put labels on other peoples work, but sometimes you can't help yourself, but sounds very similar the Peter Gabriel....

The (Spanish) Flamenco guitar is beautiful.......

Video started off quite well, but didn't really go anywhere and got quite boring after a while.....

Would like to see it again with a better video....

Needs a better video.........

Thanks for posting I will share it around you never know who is listening.......

Thanks for sharing, always like to hear knew pieces of work........

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I have been playing and involved in music for the last 30 years..........

The songs structure is good, I like your voice, you have a nice depth. I don't like to put labels on other peoples work, but sometimes you can't help yourself, but sounds very similar the Peter Gabriel....

The (Spanish) Flamenco guitar is beautiful.......

Video started off quite well, but didn't really go anywhere and got quite boring after a while.....

Would like to see it again with a better video....

Needs a better video.........

Thanks for posting I will share it around you never know who is listening.......

Thanks for sharing, always like to hear knew pieces of work........

I think my assessment was rather harsh.

Dave's opinion better articulated my opinion than I could of.

Thank you Dave.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I dig it!

This track (to me) has an early King Crimson vibe to it - and I'm a HUGE King Crimson fan!

It's cool to know that there are true artists roaming the ATS hallways!

Great work!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeats
Watched an listened to the video multiple times. There seemed to be a disconnect between the video and the sung word.

Not the very artistic-type I take it? Artistic license. Surrealism. Always keep 'em guessing. Visual Discordianism. Gestalt. Take yer pick.

I thought it fit the mood nicely.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Not the very artistic-type I take it? Artistic license. Surrealism. Always keep 'em guessing. Visual Discordianism. Gestalt. Take yer pick.

I thought it fit the mood nicely.

Label it anything you want.

I as an artistic observer saw a repetitive version of a clown walking/sneaking/stalking through the woods, the clowns actions made no attempt to sync with the music and, the clowns actions did not ever attempt to convey the idea let alone the idea of the music.

"Always keep'em guessing" does not equate to artistic talent.

Making people think about what they see or what the are seeing does. What the producers did was, without out doubt a talented effort, but talent does not always equate to "meaningful" .
edit on 20-8-2012 by Yeats because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

What the producers did was, without out doubt a talented effort, but talent does not always equate to "meaningful" .

"Meaningful" is a subjective term. You didn't know that?

And, I guess I missed "the book." You know, the book that says the clowns actions have to be in synch with the music.

Another word for ya: Expressionism:

expressionism |ikˈspre sh əˌnizəm|
noun
a style of painting, music, or drama in which the artist or writer seeks to express emotional experience rather than impressions of the external world.

So it didn't work for you, fine, but if you're gonna critique something you should at least have an intellectual basis is all I'm sayin'.

I'd say the topic here was FireMoon's vocals and songwriting rather than the vid anyway. Agreed?

edit on 20-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

What the producers did was, without out doubt a talented effort, but talent does not always equate to "meaningful" .

"Meaningful" is a subjective term. You didn't know that?

And, I guess I missed "the book." You know, the book that says the clowns actions have to be in synch with the music.

Another word for ya: Expressionism:

expressionism |ikˈspre sh əˌnizəm|
noun
a style of painting, music, or drama in which the artist or writer seeks to express emotional experience rather than impressions of the external world.

So it didn't work for you, fine, but if you're gonna critique something you should at least have an intellectual basis is all I'm sayin'.

I'd say the topic here was FireMoon's vocals and songwriting rather than the vid anyway. Agreed?

edit on 20-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

If He assumed that his vocals and songwriting where to the center of focus then he wouldn't of post a VIDEO. So no I do not agree.

He posted the presentation as a whole and I will critic it as a whole. If you do not agree with my critic of his post then I approve (if you didn't then I would be suspect). Every individuality is subject to his or her own idea of meaningful when it refers to artistic works.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Yeats because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

really..a snide comment about my intellectual prowess? Who would of thought a long standing member of ATS would make a "digging" : "remark" about art when referring to artistic licence.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

Ha! I was reminded of Tony Levin by the beautiful fretless bass. Now that you mention it his voice and John Wettons are quite similar.

Beautiful song
You have a wonderful voice, very rich and expressive. I agree with the others that the video doesn't do the song justice or even seem related but who cares when it's such a great song. Very haunting melody, one I'm sure will be going round in my head all day.

What's the name of your band? With talent like this I'm betting your band is excellent too.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Beautiful song and voice. Haunting and moody.
Reminiscent of Pink Floyd's Hey You?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Clowns scare the hell out of me though.
Yours is particularly creepy.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you all for being so kind. As for the video, it was made by a young German film director who works mainly in the horror genre, it was a case of just letting them do their own thing. Personally, clowns give me the heebeegeebees and the screaming ad-dabs however not complaining as it does add a rather "dark" vibe to it all.

As for my own band this is a link to Side 2 of the album we are working on at the moment. I say side 2 as it will be released, all being well on vinyl as a double album and each side was written with that in mind. The best time per side for vinyl at 33 1/3rd RPM is 15 minutes before compression artefacts set in. Sides 1 and 4 are more a "Rawk" based with Side 3 a homage to a 70s Alan Parson style sound. Side 2 is what one might call the DoG's on, whibble set to stun mode, rooted as it is, in a Bill Nelson/Gong/Quantum Jump kinda sound.

Fashionable it most certainly ain't however, it was very much about recording an album that was true to the vast influences the band share as most of us grew up in the 70s and early 80s. All the songs are my creations on this album and the credits are as follows.

TuBiLaH DoG... My Mum's Moroccan Side 2

Star City;
Me; Vocals; Guitar; Synths:
Chris Beach; Lead Guitar:
Tim Kelsall; Bass Guitar:

Lament for the lady of the Tarn;
Me; Vocals; Synths:
Cyndee Lee Rule; Violin:
Pail Sampson; Glissando Guitar:

A Crinkling of Shrouds
Me; Vocals; Guitar; Bass Guitar:
Paul Sampson; Guitar; Bass Guitar:
"Modum" Jules; Vocals:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And have you contacted ATS Live Radio staff to have yall's music played on air?

You should submit your work to be played on ATS LIVE RADIO!

More Info Here...

(*** If you are a musician and would like your music played, contact staff by PM or use the complaint form.***)[/quote

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I agree, and that was what my comment was posted about. The music.

To be honest I didn't even watch the video till later, just clicked on the the link and started listening while I browsed the site.

The clown is rather creepy, and doesn't do justice to such a beautiful tune.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Just so you know, we're not being kind.
I'm usually brutally honest if people want opinions about their music as are most of the members here.
It may not please everyone's tastes but there is no doubt about the quality.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
I'd love to hear more from you.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thank you Green Eyed Leo..I shall give that a go today .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join