It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause, Stars, & Flags

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thank you again to Ashley, Heff, Tenth, and GAOTU for takig the time to clarify/answer my question.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As a site administrator my self in the past, all actions are logged & viewed in "a secret room only accessed by the elite of this site
". Only the site administrators or owner can see what goes on as someone here mentioned it's too see which moderators has done what action to keep things in check as everyone actions are being accounted for when some one asks or complaints about a certain action done or to keep the moderators honest & at bay from abusing their privileges.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

Completely correct.

ATS tries to keep all staff actions transparent to all staff to help prevent a single mod from going on a binge of banning people they disagree, And to help in the running of the site. If one mod starts an action but has to take care of things in real life, another mod can pick up where they left off with all the info available to them.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by II HAL II

I remember back in the day, when I didn't have enough points to buy a black background.

That was my first purchase.

Hee hee...

I spent 5,000 points on a background image and couldn't work out how to use the function... what a waste.

Thinking about it, can I have a refund now? j/k

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I never really thought anyone could, and yeah, appreciated! They do look nice, though. If I might ask another question, what do the "W" and "K" stand for under our names? Posts (P), flags (F), and stars (S), I get, but never could figure out the other two. Oh, and is there a reason we can't see, in the individual threads, who we have added as friend or foe anymore? Assuming there is a reason, mostly curious. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

W: W.A.T.S. (Way Above Top Secret). It determines gold, silver, and the top 50 posts here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an accumulation of stars, flags, applause, etc.

K: Karma. I think that is based on the above and your post count ratio.

And the friend/foe banner might have been taking up too much memory resulting in slower page loads. I think a lot of the minor features went by the wayside during the 2010 site update to give pages faster loads.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ive always wanted to ask, if a mod liked a thread enough to want to applaud it, but it was already applauded by another mod, does that change your view?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Ive always wanted to ask, if a mod liked a thread enough to want to applaud it, but it was already applauded by another mod, does that change your view?

Peace, NRE.

Why would it change your view?
If a post is worthy of applause according to someones view then that's great. Applause given is seen 'behind the scenes' so more mods may come along and do the same.

If you see a post with loads of stars, do you give a star just because others have or because you've read the post and agree with what's said, or disagree, yet feel the post is worthy of your recognition.

It's all good either way

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

W: W.A.T.S. (Way Above Top Secret). It determines gold, silver, and the top 50 posts here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an accumulation of stars, flags, applause, etc.

K: Karma. I think that is based on the above and your post count ratio.

And the friend/foe banner might have been taking up too much memory resulting in slower page loads. I think a lot of the minor features went by the wayside during the 2010 site update to give pages faster loads.

Ah, makes sense, thanks! Yeah, kind of lost track of this post. Helpful info, in any case (though I do miss the banners).

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
A long time back .. probably about eight years ago .. we had a section on the main screen that showed each time a person had gotten applause in the past 24 hours. You could click on the persons name and it would take you to the post that recieved the applause. If a post got more than one applause, it was up more on the list more than once. I really liked that feature.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Thank you again to Ashley, Heff, Tenth, and GAOTU for takig the time to clarify/answer my question.

now you're just kissing up to get more points ....diabolical, my friend, diabolical
...one question though to our members....why do you feel the need to accumulate points?....i'm comfortable in my own skin, and i do not need to be "stroked and rewarded" by members. if i get them, ok, if i don't, that's ok, too.
edit on 26-10-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

edit on 26-10-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join