It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear test site in danger of collapsing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Could create 15 meter tsunami — 193 explosions conducted in little area

A leaked report has raised new fears that Murorua Atoll, the site of French nuclear testing in the Pacific, is in danger of collapsing.

Murorua e Tatou says the issue was detailed in a leaked report from the Ministry of Defence to the French government dated March 2010.

The Nuclear Association’s president, Roland Oldham, told Radio Australia’s Pacific Beat program that radioactive material could be released into the Pacific Ocean if the atoll were to collapse.

“Just in that little area there is over maybe twelve underground tests in that area and we have to remember that France have done altogether 193 nuclear test explosions in Murorua,” he said.

“In the soil of Muroroa, if something happens there is about 150 holes containing very dangerous radioactivity.”

The association says if the atoll were to collapse it could also trigger a 15 metre tsunami.

enenews.com... o

www.radioaustralia.net.au...

Interesting stuff, I wonder why the atoll itself is about to collapse, is it due to having been undercut by wave and storm action? So if it does go, we can look forward to a radioactive tsunami?

Dude, get your surfboard, its a glowing wave.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Totally!! throw on another coat of sunscreen, we'll be good.

We will totally be hanging 10...9...8....7...s*it better get my foot out of the water....

In all seriousness though we will have to look out for pre-pubescent Godzilla's washing ashore.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Strange thing when you look at the island on google maps. It looks like something was caught on the picture exploding sending up a large smoke plume.

It doe not look volcanic its a island ring.

The left side is where the smoke plume is.

maps.google.com...

Are they doing testing there still or again?

edit on 19-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hmmm do you have to cook a radioactive fish?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Strange thing when you look at the island on google maps. It looks like something was caught on the picture exploding sending up a large smoke plume.

It doe not look volcanic its a island ring.

The left side is where the smoke plume is.

maps.google.com...

low cloud tis all

common on google maps

Are they doing testing there still or again?

edit on 19-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

If you go to the google maps page. That to me does not look like low clouds. And they blacked out the island to try and hide it. The picture I showed was just shwing what the island looks like and it does have clouds above it.

maps.google.com...

top topics

join