It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Doc on Belarus Bombings -disturbing findings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Belarus leader is widely referred to as the last dictator in Europe.
The BBC report reveals that not only were there damning questions about the evidence that was available but diregarded.but that the head of Interpol was also very quick to congratulate the Belarus KGB on their detection and apprehension of so called perpetrators 4 months BEFORE the trial.
In the 30 minute documentary the BBC looks at evidence presented by the prosecution.

The BEEB falls short of actually stating that the KGB was responsible,in the face of mass protests at Lukashenko continuing power.

Decide for yourself.

Please note there is only 7 days from now to watch it on the BBC i PLAYER.

The 2 accused after being found guilty were dealt with by way of a bullet to the back of the head.
How many countries even outside Europe in 2012 would dish out such a sentence?
Having seen this report,and being very much informed of the Lukashenko regime and his lust to stay in power at any cost at all,I am pretty sure that the BBC findings tell the story.
Insofar as the Interpol guy goes,I think the statement made by them following the doc,is hardly credible.
What is puzzling is the hidden agenda.
here is the link for the prog:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

I watched that tonight.

I thought it was very good. I felt sorry for one of the accused's mother. and both the guys if they were innocent.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Was interesting,watched it earlier on bbc news,truly mental that a 4 min walk turned out to be 26 mins,the torture in the cold etc....didnt expect much from it but actually njoyed it and found it informative,change from the usual bbc crap

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes the 4 minute walk was probably the most damning of all.
Lukashenko has not remained in power for so long without reason.He is a very clever guy and has systematically played games with Russia and the West.
The West denounced the last victory after reminding of fair elections previously.
There was the spats with Russia after Putin ordered the Switch off because they had not paid their bills.
The problem as I see things is that there are still ex Soviet states who are still unable to untie apron strings from Moscow because they are still very much reliant on them.
Ukraine is a good example.
Moscow agreed discounts on Gas or certainly said it would be beneficial to them when the extension of the Northern Russian Navy fleet in Crimea came up for renewal.
There was uproar in the Ukraine Parliament when Russia was given this.
Yanukovitch of course regarded as an ally of Putin.
At a recent meeting in South Russia Putin has ruled out any changes to the prices of Gas agreed by Tymoshenko.
Many Ukrainians are now calling for the deal made for the Black Sea Naval extension to be reneged.
It is a fair point.
Moscow have cajouled and waved the big stick.
Putin moved quickly in the face of the Tymoshenko issues.
He saw the European condemnation of the Ukraine regime.
While the West turned its back on Ukraine,there was little option but to join the Russian led trade body which is another isolator.
On a good but perhaps not so good note,is that Yanukovitch has been busy doing trade deals with outside investors from Asia and the other BRIC countries.
But there is no forgetting Putin and Red square still regard Ukraine as the motherland and would like it back.
I dont believe Yanukovitch is anywhere near as clever as Lukashenko.
But both have one thing in common.
Both are reliant on Red Square and Putin ......and that is something that frightens me very much.

top topics

join