It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Had To Keep Going To Sleep Just To Wake Up ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It was crazy and my first time experiencing this.

I searched for scientific meanings and what not, and came up empty. I ruled out ATS because I really haven't been on here much and the last movie I saw was Planet of the Apes so it wasn't that. I would like a scientific, spiritual or mixture of the two for those of us who don't see a difference, explanation of what happened.

I was sleeping and all of a sudden, I went into what I believe was a very deep stage of sleep. I could hear my heart beating very rapidly although I wasn't scared. In my mind I knew I was sleeping and thought maybe my heart was pounding because I had stopped breathing or something was wrong that was making my heart over compensate for something. So, I forced myself to take in deep breaths and tried to wake up. Believe it or not, THIS is not even the experience. I have gone through this before which is why I don't panic. What pissed me off , were the next series of events.

I started lucid dreaming. I dreamed I woke up and got out of my bed, but my room wasn't right. I am a woman, a Virgo and a Gen X-er so I am very analytically oriented, and pay extreme attention to detail in my waking life, and apparently in my dream states. I knew my bedroom wasn't right. The room was too dark and the door was closed. The shades on the window were closed. I verbally said "Damn it. I'm still dreaming" So I got back in the bed and went back to sleep and tried to wake up again. I woke up and the door was opened this time, but the room was still too dark and the windows had the wrong shades on them.Then , I saw lights outside my window. They were flashing like an emergency vehicle, but they were white.

Something told me to go look out the window so I can double check to see if I was awake or still asleep. I got out of bed and walked to the window and looked out. It literally said "Go look out the window" in an anticipated tone like it knew what was out there. There was a giant train going by with several carts.I could hear it rumble and that's where the lights were coming from. I got pissed because there are no train tracks near my place and I knew obviously, there was no train really going through outside my window. I got back in the bed and tried again. I woke up, the room was a little more like usual and happy that I finally woke up, I jumped out of the bed and tried to turn on the lights. Nope. They were not coming on. "Oh, come on." I was getting pissed. I got back in the bed and tried again. This time, I woke up and tried the lights again, they didn't work. I went into the living room to try other lights.

On my way to the living room , I tripped over a necklace. It was a beaded trinket type necklace that you get from sports events that look like mardi gras, but with the teams beads. This one was a Green Bay Packers one and I picked it up and looked at it and said "I don't have this". I went to the living room and looked around. Everything was all normal. It was spotless as I left it. I took the beads, threw them on the floor and angrily marched back to my bed and yanked the covers over me talking to someone , I have no idea. I guess I was talking to whoever was giving me the dream. Perhaps, my own spirit. But I said "I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of this crap. I'm gonna eventually wake up. I set my alarm so you might as well stop". I went back to sleep and woke up again FINALLY in real life. I was groggy and felt heavy. I went to the bathroom, turned on the light , looked at myself in the mirror and said "The f*** was that about".

I'd still like to know what that was about.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I'm unsure overly what to say, however to put an amusing spin on this "dreamception"?

Anyhow, depending on the school of thought you subscribe too is depending on said meaning. If you are asking me personally what i think of your experience:

You feel as if you are trapped in a foreign place, if this is work/home life I'm unsure, to hazard a guess i'd suggest at home.

How is your social life?
Any chance you can specify your age (i know you said GenX, so mid to late 30s?)?
Anything "bad" or different happen at home recently?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I have had this happen to me a few times. I think you lost synch with 3rd density for a bit. An OBE into a "mirror" world. As for me when it happened I was being attacked by something setting off explosions in my brain to force me out. My room was different but I still thought I was awake. I needed to get out of my room and call for help somehow, but I could make no sound. This demon thing wasn't letting up. I kept getting out my door and down a hall a bit before floating back over my body.

I finally chilled out and "went back to sleep." When I woke up again I was in sleep paralysis.

This lasted a while and then I was unparalyzed.

When I was outside my body there was a movie playing on my wall. This has happened to me before. It's a common way I get messages. It flashed:

"What game are they playing?"
"And who's playing it?"
These flashed faster and faster alternating back and forth. This was right before I warped back in synch with my body and the "real" world..

So yea I think you were having an OBE and I think it has to do with the brains "frequency" or something like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

No.

I feel most comfortable at home actually.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

But I didn't see myself in the bed. I was literally getting out of bed and getting back in bed. Wouldn't I have seen my own body still in the bed ?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

no not if like I was saying and what happened to me, was that you were in a "mirror" reality. I guess it all just comes down to your definition. Maybe you were still dreaming. As for me when I am floating and can go through walls I am not dreaming.. Of course I have also gone into this reality and seen my body at those times.

Did you look down at your feet? I usually don't realize im floating until i look down or start slow motion falling.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I don't think what happened to you was going on with me. I was walking on the floor. I felt the carpet under my feet and tripped over a trinket necklace and picked it up from off the floor.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Could the brownies you had for dessert have been laced with anything?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I always call this a dream within a dream. It always makes me feel anxious and uneasy for a few days. I am not sure why those feelings linger so long afterwards. I always remember them in explicit detail though. Even more so than regular dreams. It may be , for me anyway, that the reality is so perfectly "real" for all senses involved.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
it's called "false awakening", look it up on Google

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Very interesting, how about your work life? Anything significant going on there?

AS you can tell i'm not overly good at this whole dream analysis thing :/

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have experienced this a time or two myself. I am not sure what causes it or what it is called. It's weird to say the least and sticks with you for quite a while. I hope you figure it out either way because I still haven't.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

This used to happen to me quite often and I HATED it! I find that it happens when I'm more tired than usual and dread having to get up and start the day. I used to think I was awake and getting dressed only to "wake up" again and find it had all been a dream and I had to start getting dressed all over again. Of course the "waking up" part was also still part of the dream. I don't know why this happens but I suspect, at least for me, it has something to do with not wanting to get out of bed, lol. Were you more tired than usual when this happened to you?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Yes and I was kind of dreading getting up. My schedule changed and I'm covering another persons shift over night.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
it's called "false awakening", look it up on Google

Ahhh, thank you very much my friend *smootchezzz* That's it. That's exactly what it was. Whew. It makes sense now too.

OMG That was crazy,

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

My husband kept having sleep paralysis upon waking from a dream, where a dark entity was pulling his soul down the hall amost exactly as you described. The funny thing is it happened over 4 times in the course of the night, and only at my mothers home when we visit.

OP, I do this quite often but I get spooked because someone or something always manifests that doesn't belong. Once I had woke up, looked down my hall way which was normal then I heard a ruckus, noise, men yelling, pots banging and then I woke up. Another time I saw a man fade out in my living room, I had made it all the way through my house nothing was odd until a guy wearing black shirt and khakis was standing in the corner, in these dreams I always panic and go through sleep paralysis upon waking.
edit on 20-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This happened to me once, but not in such a punctuated manner ...

I "woke up" two or three times in my bed but realized I was still sleeping so I went back to sleep. I remember in my dreams knowing that I had to get up soon for work so I had better wake up at some point.

Then I "woke up" in my dream again.

That's when I started freaking out, not knowing if I'd wake up in time for work. Apparently my anxiety influenced the trajectory of my dreams because after I "fell asleep" in my dream again, the dream shifted.

Suddenly, I was in town (I live 35miles from town) walking along a sidewalk. I didn't have my purse with me, my keys, didn't know where my car was, etc. I remember thinking to myself, "I'm not really in town. If I were I would remember driving the 35 freakin miles it takes to get here, and I'd remember where I parked my car".

So then I thought to myself, "well, I have to wake up soon for work. HOW can I make myself wake up from this dream?"

So I did what any normal person would do and decided to dive head first into the sidewalk (sorry if it sounds morbid, I'd never do this in real life - I was just really REALLY worried about waking up and getting to work on time!). I'm not sure how I *knew* that doing something voilent or painful or shocking or whatever would actually wake me up - but it did. I woke up with a start (before I hit the concrete) and went about my day per usual.

Perhaps this isn't an explanation but it might give you some ideas if you ever find yourself needing to escape the dreamscape again.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's called a false awakening: "This when you dream of waking up. You will be fooled by it, and think you are really awake. If this happens to you frequently, then a good idea would be to reality check immediately when you wake up. This is a very reliable way to DILD (Dream Induced Lucid Dream) if one has frequent false awakenings." If you just wanna wake up from a lucid dream/FA you just have to think about your body laying there or just yell: 'I want to wake up' those two things usually work for me. I hope this helped!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

My husband kept having sleep paralysis upon waking from a dream, where a dark entity was pulling his soul down the hall amost exactly as you described. The funny thing is it happened over 4 times in the course of the night, and only at my mothers home when we visit.

That sounds ALL too familiar.. I'm glad it has not happened in a long long time. I am also glad that the op didn't mean what I thought.

Just a dream within a dream. All that we live and seem is but a dream within a dream.

I have had those too. "false awakenings" Very confusing.

Has the Op ever watched Inception. I think that movie explains this perfectly. I used to have false awakenings in the Army and it was BAD.. I would wake up and be doing PT and all kinds of pushups and situps and other things. And then I would wake up again and have to do it ALL over again... haha, I hated that.

The immense stress of basic training is what made it happen for me. I hope you can relax more OP.
and get some better shifts! haha
edit on 8/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'd still like to know what that was about.

All of life is a dream, and one day you will wake up from it, into another dream.
After an eternity of that, you will eventually wake up from dreaming.
Then you will be awake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join