It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Scanners To Pay For Lunch At Louisiana Elementary School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So now we have kids being scanned for lunch. Nice.

This is just the stepping stone to marking kids while they are still impressionable and don't understand the long term implications IMO. It does state that people can opt out if they choose but I'll go out on a limb here and say it's only temporarily voluntary.

The justification?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The elementary school sent out letters on Monday explaining the program and why it was being implemented. With more than 1,000 students at the school, they hope that the palm vein scanners will streamline the lunch period and reduce costly payment errors. It will also afford children more time to eat if they are spending less in line. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
I also noticed that they used a woman who is opposed because of her religious beliefs of it being the mark of the beast. Could it be any more obvious as to why they chose her? Make her look nuts and the program must be ok, right?

As a Christian, I've read the Bible, you know go to church and stuff,' said Mrs Sonnier. 'I know where it's going to end up coming to, the Mark of the Beast. I'm not going to let my kids have that.'

Some Christians believe that the spread of the Mark of the Beast, or 666, will signify the end of days. The mark is described in Revelations: 'If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives his mark on the forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

When the school saves a few pennies in man power, it's going to be mandatory and every kid will then have their print in a school database. Should this be allowed? I don't think so.

Schools are not police, military, Govt. DHS, CIA, FBI...whatever. They are SCHOOLS and should not be in the business of scanning palms to ID kids. Something is just not right here. When this program becomes profitable (or at least they will say it is) it will then become the norm across the Country.

Every kid in every state and every town will be lining up for lunch and having their prints verified.

Some here will say it's a good thing in order to keep costs down for the schools. Go ahead and spew it because I ain't buying. This is nothing but early childhood programming for the NWO that is enveloping the future of our children.

Side Note:

educationviews.org...

Palm scanners could also be seen as a response to hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt incurred by school districts from unpaid lunch fees.

As parents have failed to pay off lunch bills, districts have been forced to foot the cost. Coupled with budget cuts and climbing costs, several districts across the country have resorted to hiring debt collectors, employing constables and switching out regular meals for lesser versions in a push to get parents to pay up.

As of last February, New York City schools had absorbed some $42 million in unpaid lunch fees since 2004, according to The New York Times. Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools in North Carolina recently appropriated $40,000 to cover unpaid lunch fees, the Daily Tar Heel reports.

Columbus City Schools in Ohio in March turned unpaid accounts over to a collection agency in an effort to recover about $900,000 in unpaid lunch fees.

So is it about the students? The money? Or the beginning of a National ID system for kids using these reasons to justify the scanners?

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
HAHA i was about to post this with the whole mark of the beast thing. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Everything is the mark of the beast these days. I dont know how these people even make it on the news... pft

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Whatever happened to just having a lunch number?

Why can't things just be simple? Lol

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
HAHA i was about to post this with the whole mark of the beast thing. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Everything is the mark of the beast these days. I dont know how these people even make it on the news... pft

I believe the reason these people make it on the news is to discredit their concerns. If everything that comes about is labeled as the mark or religious in any way, people just turn the channel and the main issue? *poof* Gone and implemented with the consent of the public. Or rather a lack of concern because who is going to take a "crazy" woman seriously?

Peace

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grynch
Whatever happened to just having a lunch number?

Why can't things just be simple? Lol

How can they record a lunch number for future use? Nope, soon it will be DNA at the door.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes it does in fact work wonders.

The thing is though that we keep pushing technological advancement and this is where we are headed regardless of how we feel about it. Someday the world will not even remember a time before devices like these came into being and the benefits of our technology will also herald some pretty terrible things as well.

But this is where we are heading and its unavoidable

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by jude11

And Christians wonder why non religious people look at them like they're crazy...this scanner takes a handprint...how would that even relate to their belief about the mark of the beast? No mark, chip, or anything else will be given lol. My job has one of those scanners installed, we use it to clock in. The company decided to install it to prevent people from clocking in late co-workers. They are harmless and efficient.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Not my kids. Not now, not ever. Religious beliefs aside. This is just one more way to get your info in the system at a young age and be able to track you later in life.Sort of like those little Identa-Kid packets they try and pull off every so often. They tell you its so they can help find/I.D. your kid if they go missing or are kidnapped. Sure....And where do you think a copy of their fingerprints go? Straight into the national data base. Im not having it. Not now,not ever.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by jude11

And Christians wonder why non religious people look at them like they're crazy...this scanner takes a handprint...how would that even relate to their belief about the mark of the beast? No mark, chip, or anything else will be given lol. My job has one of those scanners installed, we use it to clock in. The company decided to install it to prevent people from clocking in late co-workers. They are harmless and efficient.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

While I am not a christian, I do know that the mark is symbolic. It doesn't have to be physical or even visible.

As for the scanners, they may be harmless now but it's only a stepping stone.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If the school is in debt because of unpaid lunch fees then why don't they get rid of that lunch fee program and make them pay WHILE they are buying lunch?
edit on 19-8-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They are using these in St Josephs hospital an all catholic hospital in Tampa Florida how they work I'm not sure but I've been through a scan with identification card needed and information. Is this just a start before the scanners are our digital identification while replacing banking/credit cards aswell yet I'm not against it because I find it beneficial for a new age. :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

So the bully doesn't come home with fat pockets maybe?
jk

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
If the school is in debt because of unpaid lunch fees then why don't they get rid of that lunch fee program and make them pay WHILE they are buying lunch?
edit on 19-8-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

I agree. When I was in school each person paid for their tray at the end of the lunch line. There were no scanners, lunch numbers, etc. That was long ago and far away though.

To OP... I know how this will sound to some as I have seen it remarked on already but I am going to woman up and say it anyway.

I would not allow it if there was any chip/bar code implantation involvement. I am one who is a believer in the mark of the beast. I don't feel like this is it though, there have been many things that fall into the category and I am sure there will be many more as technology advances. A simple scan would not fall into that category IMO. I also would not raise the roof even if it did. As it is only my belief and other people's children are their own business.

I would say those that have an issue should just pack lunches instead. I can understand the worry over personal information, and if my child were in this school system I may consider packing her lunch on that worry alone. However, I do feel that this is the way things are going to run as time progresses.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe the reason these people make it on the news is to discredit their concerns.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone that feels mildly uncomfortable with the thing will see her and think 'I don't want to be overreacting like that crazy B, guess it's fine.'

Why is is so hard for a kid to carry a lunch card?

Think about all those nasty little hands touching the same thing, and right before eating. That alone should cause some concern. Be careful not to be in line after the little snot nose that's always eating his boogers or the class butt picker.

I wonder how advanced these vein readers really are. I read a book or something that was discussing the potential for security equipment to just read a persons veins in order to identify them. Claimed to be just as accurate if not more so than fingerprints, I just can't remember if it was fiction or not.

Good find.

I would say those that have an issue should just pack lunches instead.

I don't know anything about this district but even though I always attended schools in great neighborhoods there were some kids getting free lunch. Not everyone always has the option to pack lunch. Which makes this news even creepier now that I think. Almost like tagging cattle.

I don't think it's a huge deal a the moment, but I just hate seeing us slip closer and closer to someting I don't like.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by jude11

I believe the reason these people make it on the news is to discredit their concerns.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone that feels mildly uncomfortable with the thing will see her and think 'I don't want to be overreacting like that crazy B, guess it's fine.'

Why is is so hard for a kid to carry a lunch card?

Think about all those nasty little hands touching the same thing, and right before eating. That alone should cause some concern. Be careful not to be in line after the little snot nose that's always eating his boogers or the class butt picker.

I wonder how advanced these vein readers really are. I read a book or something that was discussing the potential for security equipment to just read a persons veins in order to identify them. Claimed to be just as accurate if not more so than fingerprints, I just can't remember if it was fiction or not.

Good find.

I would say those that have an issue should just pack lunches instead.

I don't know anything about this district but even though I always attended schools in great neighborhoods there were some kids getting free lunch. Not everyone always has the option to pack lunch. Which makes this news even creepier now that I think. Almost like tagging cattle.

I don't think it's a huge deal a the moment, but I just hate seeing us slip closer and closer to someting I don't like.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Excellent point Domo and that had completely slipped my mind. Some folks can't afford it, you're right and I thank you for pointing that out. Living in the highest unemployment rated city in VA at the moment this is a fact that should not have escaped my mind.

Your other point is also something to think about. Looking at it that way does make it seem like there will be people who can't opt out of it even if they wanted to just so their children can eat. They get you going and coming sometimes. :shk:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Your other point is also something to think about. Looking at it that way does make it seem like there will be people who can't opt out of it even if they wanted to just so their children can eat. They get you going and coming sometimes.

That is something I can actually see happening. 'Sure you can opt out, your child just doesn't get a free lunch anymore.' Wouldn't be a hard choice if you were having financial troubles.

As Jude pointed out you get this going in enough schools, enough kids grow up thinking it's no big deal, then are fine with similar measures just to go into the bank.

I don't usually get this conspiratorial but I think this is actually troubling.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

I believe the reason these people make it on the news is to discredit their concerns. If everything that comes about is labeled as the mark or religious in any way, people just turn the channel and the main issue? *poof* Gone and implemented with the consent of the public. Or rather a lack of concern because who is going to take a "crazy" woman seriously?

Peace

Peace

I agree... the reason they put people who are passionate about their beliefs on television is to make people scoff at them and discredit them. I have the same concern that this woman has. When they start scanning us to evaluate our worth where is that going to go?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I will be the voice of dissent here, I don't think it is a big deal. I understand why you are worried, but there are very real reasons to do it this way.

As stated in the article it WILL give kids more time to eat. Every minute spent in line is a minute less to eat and have some relaxed time with friends.

Also, students who get free lunch aren't held out in front of their peers as getting it. When I was little there were two different color tickets. One was for kids whose parents had paid and the other was for free lunches. It didn't take us long to figure it out. I always felt bad for the kids who got made fun of for that. Scanning gets rid of it.

Most schools that have systems like this also keep an online record of what the student purchased. I know, you didn't know this and it makes it worse in your eyes! But, the only people who can access that record are the parents so that they can see what the child is eating. Are they only eating snacks? Are they not eating at all? In my experience this is good information to be available to the parents.

Also, kids don't have to eat school lunch right?
If you don't like it send your kid with a brown bag.

I am not trying to downplay privacy concerns. I get it. I just don't think this is really a big deal.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Ill give you a star though I disagree. You could just as easily use a card. I guess its sort of the same thing. Just seems somehow less big brother. We had the different color cards too. Nobody got made fun of for it though as I recall. Still must have been 3mbarrasing.

I would like to stave off all these new identity checks lest some day Im forced to give a stool sample. One that Im not hurling at someone anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Your other point is also something to think about. Looking at it that way does make it seem like there will be people who can't opt out of it even if they wanted to just so their children can eat. They get you going and coming sometimes.

That is something I can actually see happening. 'Sure you can opt out, your child just doesn't get a free lunch anymore.' Wouldn't be a hard choice if you were having financial troubles.

As Jude pointed out you get this going in enough schools, enough kids grow up thinking it's no big deal, then are fine with similar measures just to go into the bank.

I don't usually get this conspiratorial but I think this is actually troubling.

I try not to get too carried away with this stuff either, but like you some of it does jump right out.

I guess this is the new definition of "Grooming". TSA fits this category as well IMO. Our children are being slowly "groomed" to except certain things as just a part of normal every day life. When that generation comes into adulthood.... they will be more primed to depend on the government for safety, food, information, etc. etc. etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join