It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Batman Shootings - BBC 3 Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just watched a documentary on BBC 3 in Britian, that's a quick run round of the Batman Shootings. A girl from London named Amal Fashanu visits the memorial, speaks to victims, and shares what she takes from America's Gun loving lifestyle.

Other than being your very generic run round of the events, no mention on other shooters and the such, it's shamelessly anti-gun. As if Americans are lesser evolved because even after events like this, they're still in love with their guns. She's surprised after interviewing a few of the younger victims, that they're still not Anti Gun, even after this event. She even goes so far to say, she thinks she may be back next year to report another Massacre .

Here's her Blog on the subject.

BBC 3 - Amal Fashanu Blog

Even though this small time girl from London' views on guns are largely irrelevant, it still seems to me to have a slight Agenda. It was on at 21-00 til 22:00, just before Family Guy. On another note, Political Conspiracies is probably the wrong forum, so please move if so.

All over it was very shabby, very generic, and didn't cover anything that wasn't on the news. So I believe this was just put together (not amazingly either) to be anti-gun. Weird they'd do this in Britain, a country not known for guns, and I doubt they'd air this in America. Seemed like a waste of time and resources to me.
edit on 19/8/2012 by MartyrCollect because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I find most BBC3 documentaries to be quite patronising, seems to be targeted at their younger audience's. The ones I have seen in the past are the most fear mongering documentaries I've seen.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MartyrCollect

Typical BBC propaganda rubbish which is why I refused to watch it. if it was on PSTV channel 192 I would have watched it

Currently watching The FKN News on 192.

edit on 19-8-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Please remember BBC stands for Blatently Biased CORPORATION.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sadly only caught the last 15 mins,did anyone see her trying to fire the 9mm lol.....biased it may be but the nobodies that present them are usually worth watching just for laughs

If anyone disagrees,then search for the bbc documentaries with stacey dooley,absolutly hilarious..they send her to a deprived area and just film her whining on and crying

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It is pretty dang obvious to me why they would run something like that targeting the UK audience.

There is several things that have been happening across several countries and internally that has them worried.

Besides the normal stuff in the US, there is stuff in several other countries that has them raising their eyebrows. Canada has repealed their registry for non restricted firearms.

Australia has had an ever growing number of guns and an internal battle going on over the whether the registry is helping more than it’s hurting. And should they go the same way as Canada. There is constant argument over possibility that the gun registry data is being leaked to criminals. Either via hacking, or corrupt officers and IT managers. So they can do targeted robberies of people that they know own guns.

India has a growing movement for using guns for self defense.

People in Mexico have been starting to arm up to defend themselves against drug gangs and the like. Even if it is illegal.

People in Greece and other EU nations have been buying up guns and other weapons at an increasing rate in response to increases in crime and growing instability.

And internally they have signs that the population is getting a bit skittish in the UK it’s self. A lower and lower percentage of crimes are being reported because people are just starting to feel that it is useless reporting things that the cops will do nothing about. The population is loosing faith in the police force as a whole. There has been an ever increasing surge in sales of products that people can use to defend themselves.

There has been a constant pushing by the population for more authority to defend yourself in anyway you see fit. Reference these two articles.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The riots in several parts of the UK were the final straw that broke the camel’s back. There were so many UK people buying American style baseball bats that Amazon had to pull those products off the site. And I don’t think they are buying them to play baseball with.

The leaders know that the population is starting to rely on themselves for that first line of defense. They also know that crime is increasing and the criminals are using knives and guns more and more.

They know that the UK population isn’t isolated any more. The internet allows them to see what is happening in other countries. And allows them to be influenced by the sentiment in other countries. The growing sentiment across many countries is that people have a basic human right to defend themselves, and their property. And that right should be respected by the government. That right to defend themselves entails the fact that to defend themselves they need access to the appropriate weapons to do so. Guns and the like.

Sooner or later, the idea that the population of the UK should be able to arm themselves in defense of their home and family will start to grow. They are worried that it will be a demand that they won’t be able to ignore.

They are strictly running that piece to try and reassure the population that the current laws banning ownership by most of the population is better for the population than the allowing anyone to own them….. Like the country that is having people shoot up theaters.

If they don’t run stuff like that on the TV then the population may get the idea that the misery they are going through in the name of disarmament is not worth it, and they want their guns back. And they will want their right to defend themselves, and their property, back. Such an idea would be massively disruptive to the current system.

They are trying to avoid it at all cost.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It is kind of like this couple day old BBC report about an event that happened 25 years ago.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It almost makes you think that the event is the UK equivalent of 911

It is obvious that the person that wrote it, is trying to make sure the readers know that “guns are evil” and “everyone around there hates guns”…..

You see it from the BBC on a regular basis. They are constantly beating the idea into the heads of the population.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MartyrCollect

i could've sworn when she was on the shooting range firing the guns for the first time, she gave the impression she quite enjoyed it, and even said she'd changed her opinion slightly. Aside from that, i agree, it was very anti-gun, but then, it was never gonna be pro-gun was it?

top topics

join