It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Love and Forgiveness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yes! True Love and Forgiveness...From The Heart! Not Through Religion = Man Made Philosophy!

Giving and Receiving...True Love and Forgiveness! Is A Learning Process and Can Take A Life Time!

I Believe, In God / Elohim (Creator) And Through Him, We Have The Ability To Know, True Love and Forgiveness-

And As We Allow, His Spirit To Live In Our Heart's...Day To Day! We Will Grow...In Our Ability To Love and...

Forgive! May We All Learn To Love and Forgive...More Each Day!

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
Matthew 22:37

And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors. Matthew 6:12

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

F&S. Great Song.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What an awesome world we would live in if people true knew the grace and power of forgiveness.

No more hatred!

edit on 8/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi, this question is for nobody in particular but I would like to ask;

What would be your conditions or criteria for forgiveness?

What do you consider true forgiveness to be?

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Absolute Forgiveness = Absolute Liberation

"Our liberation, is God's compulsion."
~ C.S. Lewis

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

But how is abolute forgiveness achieved? Do we know why we are forgiving someone? Are we forgiving them for them, or for us?

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

Because all is one, we are to forgive as we are and have been forgiven. Having been forgiven our debts we cannot then go out and throttle those who are indebted to us..

Everything is fresh and new at every moment. It's unforgiveness which projects the unjustices and insults of the past, into the future.

It's for the whole world that we must forgive, the world we are living into, and that's power!

And as to the "enemy", if we're talking about imperialist powers and principalities, let us heap burning coals of shame onto his head by our forgiveness, until he is brought squarely to his knees in repentance.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.
~ Proverbs 25:22

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Gnobody

Because all is one, we are to forgive as we are and have been forgiven. Having been forgiven our debts we cannot then go out and throttle those who are indebted to us..

What I am asking is, how do you truly forgive someone whom has wronged you? Do you simply say " I forgive you" and he is forgiven?

Or is there more to it? Do you not think that to feel true love and forgiveness towards someone takes a lot of hard work?

reply to post by Gnobody

Having been forgiven our debts...

Do you fully understand and comprehend why and how we have been forgiven?

I can't pretend to fully comprehend this myself, but I know for sure that it takes a lot more than just words and a feeling of wanting to forgive.

What do you guys think?

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

True Forgiveness...= For Us...Human Beings! Letting Go Of A Wrong Or Perceived Wrong / Action Against Us...
Not Holding Any ILL Feelings, Against The Offender...To The Best of Our Ability..."With God All Things Are...
Possible" It is a process...And every case is Different...The more a person lets Go...Of any bad Memories ...
Or Feelings...The Better You Will Feel...Your inner self is Cleansed...It Will Give Us More Freedom...
To Move Forward IN LIFE...A True JOY! To Forgive and Forget...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

First, And Most Important...Because God Has Provided Forgiveness To Us...Then, For Us We Let Go Of The...
Poison of Unforgiveness...Pure and Simple...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777
reply to post by Gnobody

True Forgiveness...= For Us...Human Beings! Letting Go Of A Wrong Or Perceived Wrong / Action Against Us...
Not Holding Any ILL Feelings, Against The Offender...To The Best of Our Ability..."With God All Things Are...
Possible" It is a process...And every case is Different...The more a person lets Go...Of any bad Memories ...
Or Feelings...The Better You Will Feel...Your inner self is Cleansed...It Will Give Us More Freedom...
To Move Forward IN LIFE...A True JOY! To Forgive and Forget...

I agree, but how is this achieved?

Ok, lets say somebody has stolen money from you.

How do you forgive this person? By asking him not to do it again and saying I forgive you? Now you feel better?

Or do you think that you need to understand why he did it? To truely comprehend why he acted this way?

To understand why he stole your money, that he needed it to buy food. To understand why he has no food in the first place, to understand that his actions previously or through no fault of his own he has arrived in a position where he can't afford to eat.

To try and understand the circumstances that have shaped his life and his attitude, to understand and comprehend his thoughts and feelings, to try and empathise and put yourself in his shoes. To become this person and comprehend why he did what he did.

In my opinion, it's only by going through these steps and more that true forgiveness can be reached, now it may be easy to forgive someone for stealing your money so he can eat, but how easy would it be to forgive someone for killing a loved one?

Could you (or me) truely forgive someone for that? Could we go through the above steps and reach forgiveness? True Forgiveness? Where you have zero resentment, zero negative energy or thought for that person?

I am fortunate enough not to have experienced the above scenario of a loved one being killed and I can only say that I don't know if I could forgive someone for that, I could try, but I just don't know. I hope I never have to find out.

This is just my opinion and belief in the true nature of forgiveness, the way we have been forgiven and to forgive, I'm interested in hearing others.

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

reply to post by Gnobody

What I am asking is, how do you truly forgive someone whom has wronged you? Do you simply say " I forgive you" and he is forgiven?

Or is there more to it? Do you not think that to feel true love and forgiveness towards someone takes a lot of hard work?

reply to post by Gnobody

Having been forgiven our debts...

Do you fully understand and comprehend why and how we have been forgiven?

I can't pretend to fully comprehend this myself, but I know for sure that it takes a lot more than just words and a feeling of wanting to forgive.

What do you guys think?

Gnobody

By recieving more and more of Christ who is the absolute standard of absolute forgiveness (even in the face of evil) we can do it via an almost embarassing abundance of it. There's the heart for it, because it is a heart thing, more than just saying it. And total liberation for the forgiver is the hidden reward, and transformation for us all, including the victimizer, the effect from the cause, which is love. Might take work, yes, but it's totally worth it, big time huge, for everyone's sake.

More and more of Christ - not as a teacher, but as actual spiritual food and drink. Grok him and it won't be nearly as hard, especially not when you actually go through with it, and then it's done you'll know by the peace of God which will settle on and in your sacred heart.

But we must also forgive ourselves too, and love God and others AS we love ourself. I've suffered from a type of survivors guilt, whereby to get even, with a Dad I actually love, who's passed on even, I hurt me to hurt him, which is utterly ridiculous and absurd, and prevents me from really being as helpful to others as I can and would like to be.

The pain and sorrow however is helpful, to a point, until unnecessary suffering kicks in, where "the more that suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain" (Gibran).

So we can give thanks that we've been able to share a part in Jesus' suffering, that we might also share in the glory of his forgiveness..

To hate is to be less than human, but to forgive and love, even in the face of hatred, is utterly divine.

So forgive even as much for their sake (out of compassion for human sickness) as for your own, and by extension, for everyone's sake whereby we all share, at root and source, the same one human family under the loving eye of a loving God.

Forgive also because of how hurtful it is and how unhealthy it is not to, while projecting into the collective future, the sins of our collective past, at one level or another. Why feed the dark side?

edit on 19-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

To keep it simple...You can hate the evil act, Whatever it may be...But we must personally learn to forgive the...
Person, Remembering people are imperfect...With a natural bent toward evil / wrong thinking and behavior!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

Forgiveness is as simple as saying I forgive you, and as difficult as reminding yourself for the thousandth time to let it go. "Forgive and forget" the two go hand in hand because if you don't do the forgetting part you haven't really forgave them. It takes time, patience and practice to fully master.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Yes....Learning To Forgive and Forget...Leave It In The Past...Moving Ahead IN LOVE.... Shalom~

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Gnobody

Forgiveness is as simple as saying I forgive you....

If only it was that easy....

I don't happen to agree with this way of thinking, I believe that true forgiveness can only be achieved by the other feeling remorse, true forgiveness can only reached after true repentance has been reached.

I personally could not truly forgive somebody that felt no remorse, guilt or shame for their actions, I could 'let it go' or 'just forget about it' but not truly forgive...

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

But how is abolute forgiveness achieved? Do we know why we are forgiving someone? Are we forgiving them for them, or for us?

Gnobody

Just let it go if someone makes you angry or says something you find offensive, just drop it and keep on rolling. We're forgiving them for them and for ourselves. If you hold onto hate and anger it will eat your soul and poison you. I experienced that for 14 years and it nearly drove me to suicide.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Gnobody

Just let it go if someone makes you angry or says something you find offensive, just drop it and keep on rolling. We're forgiving them for them and for ourselves. If you hold onto hate and anger it will eat your soul and poison you. I experienced that for 14 years and it nearly drove me to suicide.

Hi lonewolf

I do not have any personal issues with forgiveness, hate or anger. The reasons for my questions are to try to see what others think about what it means to forgive or their idea of how true forgiveness is reached.

As I have already stated before, I believe that true forgiveness can only be reached by going through a certain process. In my opinion to 'forgive' and forget is not true forgiveness. To truly forgive, I think you need to truly understand the situation, reasons and actions of the crime before you can truly forgive. Also, repentance should be involved for forgiveness to be given.

We are taught that "We forgive as we are forgiven", for us to be forgiven by God, we need to repent first.

I agree with what you say about hate and anger, this can never lead to anything positive, for you or the target of your hate and anger.

Regards

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

As I have already stated before, I believe that true forgiveness can only be reached by going through a certain process. In my opinion to 'forgive' and forget is not true forgiveness. To truly forgive, I think you need to truly understand the situation, reasons and actions of the crime before you can truly forgive. Also, repentance should be involved for forgiveness to be given.

We are taught that "We forgive as we are forgiven", for us to be forgiven by God, we need to repent first.

Why? If you believe in Christ that is all that is required to be saved yes? So by your own admission we are forgiven as we forgive. So if I forgive others without any repentance or request on their part I have no need to seek it on my own. I have zero interest in keeping track of the many things I do wrong on a daily basis to seek forgiveness for them. I don't need all those answers I may or may not want them, to help the process but they are by no means necessary for me. It has been my experience that those pieces of knowledge actually make the process far harder to forgive. I don't need to know, it makes no difference in the fact that mine is to forgive and that forgiveness comes without condition.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Why? If you believe in Christ that is all that is required to be saved yes? So by your own admission we are forgiven as we forgive.

Hi KeliOnyx

I do believe in the Christ, but I don't believe that to be forgiven for our sins all that is required is belief, i believe that to be forgiven we first have to aknowledge our sins, understand why we sinned and then ask for forgiveness. So, as this is how I believe we are forgiven, this is how I truly forgive others...

I don't need all those answers I may or may not want them, to help the process but they are by no means necessary for me. It has been my experience that those pieces of knowledge actually make the process far harder to forgive.

Which is precisely why, in my opinion, true forgiveness is not easy...

It's a beautiful and comforting thought to think that to be forgiven or 'saved' and find our place in 'heaven' all we have to do is 'believe' or have 'faith'. This is, again in my opinion, niave and ignorant, to become what we once were, or truly are, and be in the presence of the Divine there is so much more work needed.

"Many are called but few are chosen"

Many believe, but few understand or undertake the work required...

Gnobody

top topics

join