It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

LOL WOW. I'm seriously cracking up. Maybe you need to read my other posts I put up because I don't really feel like saying it again. P[eace

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova

Originally posted by jimmyx

you can't "murder" a part of your own body...geez, please try and use comparisions that make sense.

A person is not a part of another person. They are independent in soul and body. The mother is host - she feeds/nurtures the individual baby - the separate person - by means of the umbilical cord.
edit on 20-8-2012 by de_Genova because: error

THANK YOU! You are exactly right my friend. ^ Get educated...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jimmyx

Exactly. No one is making laws based on Biden's chains, Obama's 57-states or Palin's many gaffes. It's an entirely different thing to suggest that women who get raped can somehow WILL themselves not to get pregnant IN ORDER TO make laws against a woman's right to her own medical care and reproductive choices.

OK BH...Here is the ugly other bit of this story ..."Legitimate"

"If it's legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

What is an illegitimate rape? Who on earth qualifies the term "rape" with "legitimate"???

... if she really didn't want to be raped then she won't get pregnant....and if she did get pregnant, then she must have really wanted to be raped.

This is literally the case he made.

Legitimate vs. "she asked for it"

Criminal Ignorance isn't this man's only issue. Woman-hater, sociapath, cloaked in evangelical docterine and a 10 year vet of Congress....writing and voting on laws that effect half the US population.

edit on 20-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by jimmyx

you can't "murder" a part of your own body...geez, please try and use comparisions that make sense.

A person is not a part of another person. They are independent in soul and body. The mother is host - she feeds/nurtures the individual baby - the separate person - by means of the umbilical cord.

THANK YOU! You are exactly right my friend. ^ Get educated...

Is that a backhanded remark? If not - what's meant by "get educated?"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by jimmyx

My mom and your mom was pregnant. I know for damn sure I wasn't part of "HER" body. IT WAS MY BODY. Just because it is inside her doesn't mean it belongs to her. You people will learn that once you get that huge chip off your shoulders.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

This is the complete worship of the female gender and the mentality that men are bad. Turn on the tv and watch how all the men are shown as stupid animals and the women are always in charge rolling their eyes at their idiot husbands.

It's the feminist movement that was designed to destroy the family. It was designed to get the woman out of the house so the state can raise the kid. Designed to make it "cool" and "sexy" to abort your unborn child.

In any other situation on this planet, when one human being stops another's heart from beating, it is defined as murder. In any other primate on this planet, a heart beat is required for life. Yet because the child is within the woman, and even though it was not placed there on her own, she has full control over the life of said child regardless of how mentally stable she may or may not be.

If a man murders a pregnant woman he would be charged with 2 counts of murder. Yet if that same woman aborted that same child that same day it's called family planning. Only in the twilight zone. But sure, make sure a woman never has to be responsible for a child that she doesn't want, but make sure you throw a man in prison for 18 years and destroy his entire life for missing a single child support payment.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

Amen preach on brotha!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Im a Libertarian, I dont believe in abortions but thats where my beliefs stop. As a libertarian i believe everyone has there own right to do whats in there best intrest, whatever the case will be. I believe its not governments responsiblity to tell people what they can and cant do.

I may not agree with you, but ill stand with you to keep the government out of our lives.
edit on 20-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

No, not irrational. Just of a different opinion from you, apparently. What gives me the high moral ground here is that I respect your right to your opinion... what I get in return is categorized.

~Heff

Yet you want the man in the article to be ignored because you don't agree with his opinion? Look, you don't have to agree with what people say, but you do have to defend their right to say it. The second we start censoring poltical speech is the second we lose the 1st ammendment.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
The scary thing about this is I bet he really could dig up one or two doctors who could come up with some type of "scientific" proof. It's really easy to do.

Almost any type of study could prove anything with a little selective sampling and biased questions/theory.

This is why liberals need to be very careful with using "scientific" studies to further their cause. The only reason why left/liberal studies are being used is because you have judges willing to use these studies. The tables can get turned very quickly.

no, the left DOES NOT need to be careful, they need to be forceful in combating religous dogma and right-wing extremism. our own troops have fought, are fighting, in wars against those very things that we condemn in others.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You are conflating different debates.

"Liberals", "Right Wingers", Pro-Choice, Pro-Life etc. etc. NO ONE believes in killing babies. The debate is centered on when that biological process reaches a sufficient state for occupancy by an "independant soul".

Views range from "every sperm is sacred"...they do swim on thier own...to what? 4 months?

But the whole "baby killer" line of rhetoric hasn't helped the nation's debate any, it derails and anchors the discussion and more to the point it is a false charge as niether side is advocating that sentiment.

Either way...can we agree that this man is an idiot?
edit on 20-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy
reply to post by neformore

I wonder what pro life site run by ***holes he got that from.

I got my stats here:

Research published in the Journal of American Obstetrics and Gynecology suggests over 30,000 pregnancies result from rape annually. “Rape-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency,” the trio of researchers from the University of South Carolina concluded. “It is a cause of many unwanted pregnancies.” A separate 2001 study – which used a sample of 405 rape victims between ages 12 and 45 – found that 6.4 percent became pregnant.

Apparently he apologised later, kind of.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

He looks like the product of generations of inbreeding.

How come it's always " From what I've been told "

And not " From what I know "

They don't actually know anything........they are all Ron Burgandy's just reading and saying what they are told..

like butt puppets.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Really ain't news, is it?

people have dedicated websites to this particular issue....

Republicans for Rape

People who call the guy out on stupidity are way off, imho, they are simply violent predators at heart who wish to legalize their desires and probably believe that rape is more in tune with their Darwinistic right-is-might mindset than voluntary intercourse (and conception, which implies Eugenics - something they probably love too but haven't yet found the time saying - yet)

It's high time to see such statements as what they are: a simple, very clear warning, just act on it whenever you can, but don't expect much in the way of support, a sizable portion of society admires that ideology and cannot be reasoned with in the conventional sense. Failure at this game of theirs leads to poverty, slavery and death. I'll leave it to everyone to figure out, which phase we're currently dealing with.

So, you can't fix stupid and you can't convince sanctimony but one can definitely kill the fascists. right?
edit on 2012.8.20 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Read this from a link off my Twitter feed and it left me speechless.

Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

It scares me - as an outsider - that someone with this viewpoint could potentially get into the US senate and actually start to look at influencing legislation around this kind of issue.

Are people/politicians in the 'states really so naive to actually believe this? In fact - how on earth did this man get to be a politician in the first place?

Whaaaa????? Is this guy for real? Believe me, there are few people who think this way, but the majority of people do not. That guy must have been hit in the head as a small child.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

That is exactly my point. This man is not only just a Congressman - but a very powerful one. Respecting the opinions of his entire constituency should be of more import to him. His freedom of speech - and his exercise of it is likely to cost him any future terms in Congress. His freedom of speech has started discussions like this all over the Internet - and in his District as well I would assume. Now he's in the hands of responsibility of speech. A part of the freedom we sometimes forget to think about...

Once we say it - we own it. Especially in the cyber/digital/cloud based world.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister

If a man murders a pregnant woman he would be charged with 2 counts of murder. Yet if that same woman aborted that same child that same day it's called family planning. Only in the twilight zone. But sure, make sure a woman never has to be responsible for a child that she doesn't want, but make sure you throw a man in prison for 18 years and destroy his entire life for missing a single child support payment.

You ARE right on the Hypocrisy..........

But........

Legitimate Rape????

This isn't the 13th century.

Todd Akin apparently believes the body can suppress conception or cause miscarriage after rape. Historically, it was widely thought a woman could only conceive if she had an orgasm.

'Legitimate rape' – a medieval medical concept The idea that rape victims cannot get pregnant is a very old medical theory

This Man is an Idiot, and shouldn't run for ANY office.

PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heresy

victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy

Apparently he apologised later, kind of.

Todd Akins statement hours after Sen. Claire McCaskill made her statement about it:

"In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it's clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year," Akin said in a statement. He promised rape victims "will have no stronger advocate in the Senate to help ensure they have the justice they deserve" if he is elected.

livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com... mate-rape-comment-i-misspoke

Misspoke my tail.....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

Oh sorry, I meant for other people to read your post and get educated....that's what I meant. No it wasn't backhanded I was being honest, your exactly right from what you said. My reply was more towards showing other people the truth even though they wont accept it.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
He didn't come up with this "legitimate rape" business on his own; it's an old canard in those far right circles. It's like much of the nonsense associated with New Apostolic Reformation---the GOP desperately wants to keep it contained to the hard core base but are forced to react when a prominent candidate is stupid enough to bring it up in public. A lot of these Tea Partiers are like dozens of Jeremiah Wrights running around ready to go off.
edit on 20-8-2012 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
Really ain't news, is it?

people have dedicated websites to this particular issue....

Republicans for Rape

People who call the guy out on stupidity are way off, imho, they are simply violent predators at heart who wish to legalize their desires and probably believe that rape is more in tune with their Darwinistic right-is-might mindset than voluntary intercourse (and conception, which implies Eugenics - something they probably love too but haven't yet found the time saying - yet)

It's high time to see such statements as what they are: a simple, very clear warning, just act on it whenever you can, but don't expect much in the way of support, a sizable portion of society admires that ideology and cannot be reasoned with in the conventional sense. Failure at this game of theirs leads to poverty, slavery and death. I'll leave it to everyone to figure out, which phase we're currently dealing with.

So, you can't fix stupid and you can't convince sanctimony but one can definitely kill the fascists. right?
edit on 2012.8.20 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

I went to that website and read such insane drivel. Are we back in the 1920s when rape was merely a "Crime of Passion"?

Second, being a "victim" of rape is, at best, a minor inconvenience and can be acceptably swept under the rug.

At best?? What does "at best" mean? A minor inconvenience? What kind of drugs are these people taking? There are not enough words in my vocabulary today to even form a cohesive statement on this....wow. All I can say is, wow.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join