It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
www.physiciansforlife.org...

Take this for what it is worth.

Calling people stupid over it?

That is ones prerogative.

That is also a site that pushes against abortion, which means its biased, which means i cant take it seriously. Not that i would actually take the insinuation that its rare to get pregnant from rape seriously. Ive never heard such bollocks, only in america eh?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Poor women have no rights. We need to make sure that only women can enroll in college. Close all the male sports so that only women can play sports. Only women should be able to get jobs. Poor poor women. If you vote Republican you're against a woman's right to murder her unborn child!

Let's just call this society what it is already. A Matriarchy. Women are worshiped as gods. The term "equal rights" is nothing more than saying "hand everything to women" because these feminists don't want true equal rights, they want an advantage. And stupid people that can't think for themselves love the idea of feminism that was created to get the women out of the house so that the state can raise your child. Make sure you HATE men too. You have to hate men to be a true feminist. The state will even pay you to keep a man out of the house.

The guy that made this statement is an idiot, but the fact is, anything said that has anything to do with women is attacked to the point of near brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Funny how in general its men who think they get to define the rules on rape when many a time, its often women who are the victims. That's not to say there isnt some idiot women candidate talking the same BS as this guy. Just thought it was worth mentioning is all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Actually, this is a simple solution for the argument of life.
measure brainwaves..if there are brainwaves, the thing is no longer a thing, it is a person...anything before, its a thing..replicating mass no matter what its form.

It was said that brainwave activity starts at about the 5th month.

lets test it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
Poor women have no rights. We need to make sure that only women can enroll in college. Close all the male sports so that only women can play sports. Only women should be able to get jobs. Poor poor women. If you vote Republican you're against a woman's right to murder her unborn child!

Let's just call this society what it is already. A Matriarchy. Women are worshiped as gods. The term "equal rights" is nothing more than saying "hand everything to women" because these feminists don't want true equal rights, they want an advantage. And stupid people that can't think for themselves love the idea of feminism that was created to get the women out of the house so that the state can raise your child. Make sure you HATE men too. You have to hate men to be a true feminist. The state will even pay you to keep a man out of the house.

The guy that made this statement is an idiot, but the fact is, anything said that has anything to do with women is attacked to the point of near brainwashing.

When someone violates you, maybe then your small feeble mind might actually understand what all the adults here are talking about. Go troll another thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

When someone violates you, maybe then your small feeble mind might actually understand what all the adults here are talking about. Go troll another thread.

Oh did the truth hurt? I am violated every day as a white male. I have no special privlages, jobs or college spots handed to me because I'm black. I have no special "women's rights" when it comes to "health care". If I was a female, maybe I could demand free condoms because it's my womanly right to force society to pay for my right to spread my legs? Maybe if I was black I could call racism and force a company to hire me under law.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
when are women going to wake up, and vote these conservative neanderthals out, based on what THEY know, and not what a man or organization tells them.
maybe a law should be passed that at the age of 13, males are given an anti-arousal drug, shutting down the ability to achieve an erection, keeping the penis flaccid until marriage.
it may not eliminate the violence altogether, but it would greatly decrease the act of rape and impregnation
edit on 21-8-2012 by jimmyx because: additions

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
when are women going to wake up, and vote these conservative neanderthals out, based on what THEY know, and not what a man or organization tells them.
maybe a law should be passed that at the age of 13, males are given an anti-arousal drug, shutting down the ability to achieve an erection, keeping the penis flaccid until marriage.

This is the exact mentality that I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Honestly now... Dems don't say equally stupid things? Really? Honesty should compel some of you to at least pretend to search for living breathing examples of Dem stupidity...

I don't have to search for that, all sorts of stupidity seem to come my way without me trying. Having said that, I challenge you to produce something coming from a ranking Democrat that would match the Akin moment in sheer idiocy.

Obama (who I don't like much) has his stupid moments like "spread the wealth around" and so did Romney "I want every American to live in a house with a golf course". But on average, I'm sorry to say, the GOP is squarely winning the race to the very bottom of base, uneducated and animalistic human instincts.

I frankly can recall only one idiotic and cruel moment, when Pat Robertson suggested on national TV that Mr.Sharon was punished by God (he had a severe stroke) for not following the Old Testament to the tee:

He was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says 'this land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone

There days the conservatives seem to be coming straight from the looney bin.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Funny how in general its men who think they get to define the rules on rape when many a time, its often women who are the victims.

I think that any man making comments like this regarding rape, must be required to undergo rape before the comment be published.

I wouldn't presume to confess the details of my pregnancy and set forth policy regarding same, because I'm a man. Now, this GOP douchebag is lecturing me on rape. Send him upstate for a couple of years and we'll talk.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As usual, I am coming in late in the game. I am guessing someone has already linked to this study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. [...] Rape-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency. It is a cause of many unwanted pregnancies and is closely linked with family and domestic violence.

Yes?

To be honest, 5% sounds low to me. What was so wrong with what this guy said? Is it just the fact that modern medicine does not support the idea that stress during rape can reduce the likeliness of pregnancy? Obviously, that makes him misinformed, but why is he taking so much flack over this?

I'm genuinely confused.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

so tell me...what are the great legislative achievements that republicans have authored and enacted into law, that helped out women, minorities, and the poor in the last dozen years?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Oh did the truth hurt? I am violated every day as a white male. I have no special privlages, jobs or college spots handed to me because I'm black. I have no special "women's rights" when it comes to "health care". If I was a female, maybe I could demand free condoms because it's my womanly right to force society to pay for my right to spread my legs? Maybe if I was black I could call racism and force a company to hire me under law.

Before you start banging on about "women's rights" you actually want to list some of them first. Go on, list 3 rights a woman has that a white man doesn't. Go.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Funny how in general its men who think they get to define the rules on rape when many a time, its often women who are the victims.

I think that any man making comments like this regarding rape, must be required to undergo rape before the comment be published.

I wouldn't presume to confess the details of my pregnancy and set forth policy regarding same, because I'm a man. Now, this GOP douchebag is lecturing me on rape. Send him upstate for a couple of years and we'll talk.

Im not a man so... *Awkward moment*

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

so tell me...what are the great legislative achievements that republicans have authored and enacted into law, that helped out women, minorities, and the poor in the last dozen years?

The simple answer to your question is that they infringed upon the statusquo that white men ruled the roost without question. Now these poor guys want to blame their own life inadequacies on things that have had little to no effect on them. Just a way to hide personal failure imo.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Lady Dolphins can do that. They have a muscles behind the pleasurehole to shut out semen. Maybe if we genetically splice women with dolphins...
edit on 21-8-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi
As usual, I am coming in late in the game. I am guessing someone has already linked to this study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. [...] Rape-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency. It is a cause of many unwanted pregnancies and is closely linked with family and domestic violence.

Yes?

To be honest, 5% sounds low to me. What was so wrong with what this guy said? Is it just the fact that modern medicine does not support the idea that stress during rape can reduce the likeliness of pregnancy? Obviously, that makes him misinformed, but why is he taking so much flack over this?

I'm genuinely confused.

Cheers,
Cody

what was wrong with what the guy said?? he wants to force, with the penalty of imprisonment, 32,101 women to give birth to their rapists child....and you're confused?...my self-censured vulgarities does not permit me to answer your last question
and let's take his 5% number, that means 32,101 times 20 = 642, 200 rapes, but of course you don't see what all the commotion is, and why women would be upset...because according to you...they recieve all of these privledges, and special treatments.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Lady Dolphins can do that. They have a muscles behind the pleasurehole to shut out semen. Maybe if we genetically splice women with dolphins...

While were at it, lets add an extra set of arms, a third breast and tone down the brains desire to talk. There, we've got ourselves a modern Frankenstein novel

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

and with that statement, your avatar makes a great deal of sense

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aethertek

Sure the case can be made from the most simple of Darwinian views that a rapist is most efficient at natural selection via indiscriminate propagation but will that offspring be viable or more adapt in modern human environments.
Also anthropological studies have shown that human tribes flourish with cooperative social behavior while the classic hunter/gather profile doesn't fare so well.
So is a rapists offspring who will have less support than a cooperative pare bondings offspring have a better chance of survival?, in my opinion no.

the mechanism you describe affects societies while what we are discussing in this thread affects individuals. The question you should ask is how many children (barring abortion) from rape reach adulthood - the percentage won't differ significantly from the rest, which means that it works for the rapists and the only thing that gets in the way is currently contraception.

guess who's trying to incrementally outlaw it?

===============================================================================

Originally posted by DarkATi

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age

let me re-iterate the statistical premise here: women who were inseminated ONCE in consensual sex became pregnant in 3.7% (iirc) of the cases, but when raped, the'hit rate' increased to 5%.

likely due to the use of calendar style contraception in consensual sex, methinks, so there is probably little or no difference all else being equal.
edit on 2012.8.21 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join