It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A THEORY on the dramatic increase of suicide rates in the Military.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's obvious that the military brass and TPTB know exactly why the soldiers are killing themselves, because they are talking about RFID chipping them in the future. This way mind control or zombification of the will (conscious/morality) can be either eliminated or ignored and TRUE KILLING MACHINES can be let loosed. The bible stated that a reprobate has their mind seared with a hot iron. I guess the RFID/Bar code tatoo will do the trick. Become water my friends and leave while you can. Peace!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Excellent thread!
I have a couple of questions. (I apologize if I missed this in one of your posts.)

One curiosity I have regarding the military members who commit suicide before they are deployed... Is their suicide rate higher than the general public? In other words, according to your theory, are these people that haven't been deployed, somehow contracting toxoplasmosis here at home? Or would they have committed suicide even if they weren't involved in the military? I don't know if it was addressed in this thread, but that one point concerns me.

Another question would be the level of suicide among Afghanis who live there all the time. If they are exposed to the animals there, their suicide rated should match that of the Army members... Or be even higher.

My initial point in the other thread is that we shouldn't be over there at all. We shouldn't have gone, Bin Ladin is dead, MANY of the people don't want us there, we have no moral reason to be there and our troops should come home, not be given drugs to deal with it. If, when they get home, they are found to be affected by toxoplasmosis, then they should be treated. But I don't think a blanket drugging is the answer.

I do appreciate your theory, though. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam, love the thread. You've put a great deal into it!

May I offer a couner theory of my own?
(I was going to start a thread on this, but since you've started this one. . . . )

With the shootings at the Sikh temple, Aurora, Arizona, and the multitude of suicides and mental issues facing our military, I give you my unsubstantiated theory.

There has never been (as far as I know) a l;ong term study on medications that treat ADD, ADHD, etc.
The men and women that are displaying such abnormal behaviour would have been childeren or young teens at the time where over use of prozac et al would have been used and over-prescribed.

These are psychoactive drugs that can have a profound effect on the developing mind. Perhaps we are now seeing the results of the over-use of such drugs.

I dunno. Just throwing it out there. Apologies if this disrupts the thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Loam,

Well done sir! And I think your research has definately brought some very relevant factors to the light.

Something else you may want to consider...

When I was deployed to Camp Lemonier, Djibouti, Africa, my tent was downwind of the local 'burn pit'... a giant furnace that the base used to burn practically all of our trash. Trash to include plastics that are known to be carcinogenic when incinerated. I did my best to avoid breathing deeply when the furnace was operating, but I'm certain I inhaled some very bad things.

My question would be what kind of mutations... of these lifeforms... could be caused by the inhalation of those cancerous fumes?

There is still so very much we don't know about the medical horrors our men and women are coming home with. I'm lucky in that, so far, I seem to be as right as rain. But it saddens me to hear about a fellow veteran committing suicide...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Very well thought out, wouldn't be surprised if in a few years the govt. comes out with the same theory as you. Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd hazard a guess that a crushing sense of guilt at the horrors being perpetrated overseas is a huge factor.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The big question remains. Why doesn't a young healthy male have the ability to kill off these parasites. Males between sixteen and thirty can handle just about anything. Something in their food or meds or vaccines is causing their immune system to malfunction. If this is the case, there is still something wrong that should be investigated. If the body is given immunity to fight something it sometimes shuts down it's ability to manufacture the mamillian chitinases that destroy these parasites. The plants immune system is good to help us fight but concentrating it and putting it in a pill or in food and using it on a regular basis is unwise. Maybe they could give the soldiers dandilion greens instead of the chemicals in the food.

By the way, good job with this thread. I could never create something this complete because I like researching what's out there so I can analyze things that are happening and don't like writing big articles. I'm glad there are writers out there or I would have no research to read.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

loam, your post(s) are very well researched, documented, and sourced...you did a lot of work on this...you've never been sloppy or inattentive that I've ever seen and you often pick up on things that most everyone else is passing right by looking for clues.

I wanted to say that first so you would know that I am not at all criticizing the soundness of your theory or picking on you...in other words, don't take this personally:

I'm not buying it.
Not for one minute.

Maybe if I hadn't already thought long and hard on this increasingly distressing problem for our brave soldiers who serve selflessly and often namelessly...or if I didn't have a pretty good idea about people's minds and the health of the bodies and how they intertwine...from my years of nursing first publicly then privately...I might be led to be less skeptical and agree with many of the replies in this thread...

But I agree with the other school of thought represented in this thread by Amanda5 and Benevolent Heretic and a few others left unnamed....

Soldiers are human beings.
Human beings require more than survival instinct to live and continue on each day.
All suicides, regardless of demographics and situational details, can be more or less attributed to one basic feeling or emotion that I suspect is something that humans experience but not other animals...and that is

FUTILITY:
1. lack of effectiveness or success
2. lack of purpose or meaning
3. something futile

For these soldiers, futility has become not just a transient emotion that must be dealt with now and then....it has become the very thread of their daily existence!

Here are some posts from a soldier's blog...who is suffering from depression and who, evidently, almost attempted suicide, himself:

Suicide is Preventable
When Depression Takes Over

Vietnam soldiers suffered from the same thing...futility, that is. They had morphine and other drugs to help them get through it...many took their own lives after they got home and surely many on the front and in the barracks and even in boot camp, whatever. The numbers are probably available for comparison but maybe not so readily...I don't know...the thought to compare them only came to me in writing this.

Now there is no possible escape from this futility since morphine and heroin and even '___' and the things that the soldiers in Vietnam used to try to alleviate the torment they were going through...and even having leave to go to the nearest village or town and have some beer and maybe even pick up a prostitute was something that helped ease the dark cloud of uselessness and the self-blame that accompanies it.

It is human nature to want to feel useful and to contribute. One of the most noble varieties of this trait we all share is that which the soldier is moved upon to enlist and serve. The heart of a soldier is one of the most selfless examples of brotherly love that are given, imo. A soldier knows he will possibly have to kill...during times of war, this is almost a certainty, I would think...as far as possibilities in one's head, I'm sure that's true.

I think that it is something that can be dealt with if it happens in the context of defending the defenseless and liberating the captives and preserving freedom's ring. I'm sure it got my dad through his years of being a sniper in the US Army during WWII. He came out of that just fine and remembered the good parts and did his best to forget the bad...and when you are a sniper, killing is not just a possibility but an actual certainty...and not only that, it is not a nameless mass of humanity firing back at you the same as you fire to defend your life in order to defend those countrymen who metaphorically stand behind you...your target is known and identified and marked out and fired upon. So if it is just the killing...I think that is manageable.

My dad and his generation also KNEW what they were fighting for and that the fighting was something that the whole world had tried to avoid repeating after WWI...despite the futility of the war...there was an end in sight and a goal and there was a hero's welcome abroad and then back at home.

What do our modern soldiers have?
I think...and this is not just speculation but gathered from what I've been told by a few soldiers I know personally, before and after deployment, etc....that what they believe they are enlisting in order to take part in accomplishing is not what they find themselves motivated by when the shtf.

If we are all waking up to the truth behind the scenes...that is, the puppet-masters and their plots...would not this also apply to those in the military? And they have no *out* once *in.*
edit on 8/20/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i give out very stars, but you got one from me OP....why is money needed for sanitation and proper diet for our own troops not as important as money for training afghans?
why do i smell the stench of a haliburton or other private contractors here?
some heads need to roll in the pentagon

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The laws of decency don't apply to soldiers in combat and when you go back to having to apply those laws to yourself...ALL THE TIME...that, for many leads either to the grave or to jail.

That from a young man who is a former soldier and has now become an anti-war activist...this is a news broadcast by RT which is Russia Today...their facebook page states the following:

At RT we are set to step beyond the boundaries of bare facts and bring you the human side to every story. Broadcasting in English 24/7 in over 100 countries spread over five continents, RT is here to show you how any story can be another story altogether.

Apart from regular news updates, RT offers a unique insight into many aspects of Russian history, culture and opinions. Our special projects are specifically tailored to accustom the international audience with the Russian perspective.

Why don't we get these kinds of news reports on the news...and yes, I know, I know...the MSM and all that...but what I mean is more specifically...even the MSM tells us about the high suicide rates...but we have to try to find out the reason ourselves rather than to also be given interviews like this one, from one of our own young men, one of the soldiers who KNOW the answer better than ANYONE else ever could!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

As a Vet, and a newbie ATS'er this is by far one of the most beneficial posts I have seen here. Thank you, I will be forwarding a copy of your post to a friend who works at a VA Hospital here in Florida. I again apprciate your work

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I should add...

I am not saying that the toxoplasmosis thing might not be involved at all, because your research is very provocative, loam and does have merit.

I don't think it is the root cause but it might very well be closely associated. I remember reading about this, not in relation to soldier suicides but just in general about the suicide risk that they'd just discovered, and I thought that there might be some new information found about potential problems being found to be caused by such a previously unknown cause...something about post partum depression is what I was thinking but I didn't pursue it.

I just wanted to clarify that I am not saying that is NOT it...but just that I don't feel that is the root cause for the suicide rate increase.

If it had that kind of power over our mind's suicide-preventative type mechanisms, then it would not be something we never knew until now but more probably some form of an old wive's tale grown to be pretty much accepted as truth.

What comes to mind is the cat stealing the baby's breath. If you dig.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I think it's the age. The average age is 18-22. At that age they're still innocent and don't have the cooping mechanisms of an older adult. So when they're exposed to mass trama they can't handle it and snap. Not to mention, sleep deprevation, getting screemed at, intense training, tons of experimental drugs, and other harsh conditions. .

edit on 20-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Those are truly all legitimate obstacles that soldiers face in their transition from civilian to soldier.
I could never do it simply because of my personality.

But it wasn't any different for the young men who served in both World Wars.
Not one bit...as far as those things you mention. They were young and innocent and far more of them grew up on farms than these days because there were more farmers than city-slickers, not like now.

There must be something more to it...more to cope with somehow or less ability to cope.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

healthland.time.com...

Women who are infected with the common cat parasite Toxoplasma gondii may be more vulnerable to suicide, a new study finds, adding to the evidence that T. gondii or Toxo, as the bug is known, may cause subtle changes in the human brain that lead to personality changes and even mental illness. The parasite is excreted in cat feces — which is why pregnant women are advised not to change the litter box — but it also spreads through undercooked meat and unwashed vegetables. Pregnant women who become infected with T. gondii can pass it onto their fetus, possibly causing brain damage or stillbirth. Now the new study finds that expectant mothers who have the infection, called toxoplasmosis, may themselves be at higher risk of suicide. The finding comes from a study of 45,788 Danish women who gave birth between May 15, 1992, and January 15, 1995. University of Maryland School of Medicine researchers tested the women’s babies for T. gondii antibodies, which the infants could only have acquired from their mothers, and compared infection rates to the women’s suicide rates logged in the Danish health registry. The team also cross-checked the mental health registry to find out if any of the women had been previously diagnosed with mental illness. Read more: healthland.time.com...

Text
www.sciencedaily.com... es/2012/08/120816170400.htm

here are a few links discussing i found it pretty interesting

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by r2d246
I think it's the age. The average age is 18-22. At that age they're still innocent and don't have the cooping mechanisms of an older adult. So when they're exposed to mass trama they can't handle it and snap. Not to mention, sleep deprevation, getting screemed at, intense training, tons of experimental drugs, and other harsh conditions. .

edit on 20-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Those are truly all legitimate obstacles that soldiers face in their transition from civilian to soldier.
I could never do it simply because of my personality.

But it wasn't any different for the young men who served in both World Wars.
Not one bit...as far as those things you mention. They were young and innocent and far more of them grew up on farms than these days because there were more farmers than city-slickers, not like now.

There must be something more to it...more to cope with somehow or less ability to cope.

You don't think any of those came back with PTSD? GET REAL. Many of them did. Perfect example was when General Patten went and smacked that one guy around who had PTSD and got in trouble for it. They had tons of them back then too.

Funny story, my mother was in WW2. She got PTSD from being in a war zone and having to live threw the trama of seeing dead bodies, and having to be evacd out before the russians showed up. She had mental problem for a while from that. She's okay now though for the most part. it's hard to wind down after you get exposed to that trama.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Very interesting. It would have been easy to shrug it off unto the economic situation, a hard to maintain lovelife and the fact that many soldiers face a honorable discharge with nowhere to turn afterwards, because not everybody can be a sargent. Hopefully the appropriate channels are exploring alternate reasons.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
These are my thoughts on the kitten bacteria causing suicide - particularly in soldiers. How many people were included in the research data? Every soldier would be on record and all the 'researchers' have to do is ask each and every soldier whether they have a cat at home prior to enlistment.

Unless every single soldier is included in the research then it is just a supposition based on the 'available' data. Next we have to consider the 'spin' doctors utilised by the government. Soldiers committing suicides by the score - this does not bode well for the cabal/illuminati/whatever - they will be worried that the populous will be triggered and wake up from their mind controlled slumber.

Next thought is along the lines of a poster within this thread - stating the micro chips will be inserted into each and every soldier. There will always be information made available to the soldiers that will not be made available to the public - what are the soldiers privvy to - it is obviously so heart wrenching and soul destroying that suicide becomes not only a viable option but a sad reality. Blaming kittens with bacteria is outside the boundaries of logic. People own cats all over the planet and even though suicide is sadly a societal problem all over the planet I truly believe the spin doctors are all out of mind control information. The day had to come when the awakened refuse to be belittled by unsound 'spin' and the sleeping can no longer be maintained by the illogical 'spin.'

If kittens and bacteria are the cause of suicide then every cat owner/carer/veterinarian/animal refuge worker are all at risk. How the people who rescue cats and those who work in catteries don't all commit suicide is beyond me!!!????

Much Peace...to all Animals everywhere and to all soldiers who are coming to terms with reality...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Not at all...what I am saying is that they didn't have such a huge suicide rate and they had the same sort of obstacles, the ones you mentioned, that is, as the soldiers of today.

Although, if I recall, PTSD didn't really come into our public vernacular until it was being dealt with in the guys coming back from Vietnam. I need to check on that for sure since I'm going on personal recollection.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not to mention suicide bombers

I agree. It's very common there but shhh!
My buddy came after one freaky week with Chlamydiae from there. It's simple. Natives (and of course animals) defecate where they currently stand. Soon it dries and strong winds make it's way to your lungs. You would need to wear respirator all the time.

I've read that a cat can infect you maybe twice in her life - mostly as a kitty with diarrhea. After that they have antibodies so do not blame them first as usually.

And don't forget obligatory nasty vaccinations to complete your numbers.
Good work

BTW: I'm freaking out everytime I imagine those bastards may be already in my brain. It's like some damn possession! And there's no cure they say. If I one day find myself positive I know I can burn them outta my body. At least I'll try. There are plenty of miraculous/poisonous herbs around and a nice techique called Tum-Mo. If my hate to such parasites could feed the heat nothing would survive it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join