Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I just refurbished one almost identical to those specs and loaded that version of windows. I have a Win98 SE machine and a Windows XP Machine with a 21" Sony Trinitron monitor
and still another with Windows 2000

All in storage...

Yeah I'm a geek that way

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Some of my favorite earliest games...

Defender

Space Panic

Hard Hat Mack

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You know, when my children were little and they said they were bored. I always had something for them to do around the house that needed doing.

They quickly learned never to say "I'm bored" around me...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Dude, this was the game for me..........

and this one.....

edit on 19-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
One of my favorite toys......

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I used to have one of those! The nose came off and made like a little egg shaped ship.

Man, I'd forgotten about that....

And now I'm thinking about GI Joe... not the stupid little 2.5 inch ones... I'm talking the big ones with the face scar and the fuzzy hair/beards.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I loved that show and had one of those too.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I strapped one of those big GI-Joes to a large fireworks rocket my older brother brought back from Mexico one fourth of July it didn't get more than 10 feet off the ground flew sideways then blew up in the bushes

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

OOOh,I still have my Atari 7800 and I really need to
see if I can get it hooked back up and running.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

My most prominent GI Joe memory is that one year my Dad gave me the "bionic" GI Joe - I think he was called Mike Powers or some such and a "hang glider" ( basically a kite that you'd strap GI on ) for my birthday.

Later in the day, with me acting like a hyperactive kid - wanting to play with my new toy - he finally took me to the park. he popped a beer can and set my bionic GI Joe up in the glider... a wind picked up and I had a blast!

For about ten seconds. Kite went up, up, up - and into a tree. Dad looked, picked up his beer, and said "Welp, that's that."

And it was.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Signs of a good father,you're children were lucky
to have you as theirs.*

*I am not trying to suck up to you

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

And now I'm thinking about GI Joe... not the stupid little 2.5 inch ones... I'm talking the big ones with the face scar and the fuzzy hair/beards.

~Heff

I buried mine, with the six million dollar man. I cant remember where though........

I loved the eye, on the six million dollar man. you looked into it, and it magnified everything!!!!

Might have to pick one up, on Ebay...........for nostalgic reasons, of course !!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Funny you say that. I threw my Spock doll,into the gutter. Why, I don't know. 15 years later, I helped my dad replace the gutters, and there he was. He looked like crap, but he still had his phazer in his hand !!!!

I wish I had ALL my old toys, in mint condition. I did save a few of them, and handed them down to my son, who still plays with them. Legos, a Batman car, a few Star Wars figures......

I also have the old TI-99 computer, with the games, but I haven't brought that out, since I was 14.........

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I was into Wasteland when I was 7

also some Ultima Underworld later on

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My first Computer was a Sinclair ZX81 - 1 whole K of RAM, yes thats a kilobyte - one thousandth of a Meg and one millionth of a Gig. When I saved up my paper round money and bought a 16k expansion pack I thought I'd never write a program big enough to fill it. Google it - it looks horribly ancient now but this was 1980, when digital watches were the height of technology and Space Invaders was still around the corner.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I blew up plenty of the large Star Trek Scotty dolls with m80s.

He wore a red shirt anyways

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Our children, are WAY to spoiled!

Look at those graphics????

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1