It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's Faith-Will Some Christians Not Accept a Mormon President???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why make this thread about Obama? It isn't. It is about Romney being Mormon.

Little correction.

This thread is about using Mormonism to hate on Romney.

No actually this thread was started to get Christian opinion regarding Romney's religion. I dislike Romney but his religion has nothing to do with it.

I know religion is an important factor in a lot of people's life, Even you are not religious. I thought it was a discussion that was not being discussed. I am meeting a lot of under cover Obama supporters because of Romney's religion. I just think people are not talking about the elephant that is clearly in the room!

People are looking at mormonism though through a political prism. There have been hardly any views that haven't been politically charged.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The church no longer does.

Wrong, they would not refute their racist beliefs. The only thing they did was allow black people to be priests.

In 1995, black church member A. David Jackson asked church leaders to issue a declaration repudiating past doctrines that treated black people as inferior. In particular, Jackson asked the church to disavow the 1949 "Negro Question" declaration from the church Presidency which stated "The attitude of the church with reference to negroes ... is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord ... to the effect that negroes ... are not entitled to the priesthood...".[51

The church leadership did not issue a repudiation, and so in 1997 Jackson, aided by other church members including Armand Mauss, sent a second request to church leaders, which stated that white Mormons felt that the 1978 revelation resolved everything, but that black Mormons react differently when they learn the details. He said that many black Mormons become discouraged and leave the church or become inactive. "When they find out about this, they exit... You end up with the passive African Americans in the church".[52]
]

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

The question is, is he racist?

Probably, since he belongs to a racist organization, but no one can read his mind. He has a very elitist attitude, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Read my last post, you may be wrong about him.

edit on 043131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I know religion is an important factor in a lot of people's life, Even you are not religious. I thought it was a discussion that was not being discussed.

Because there are more important issues….

I am meeting a lot of under cover Obama supporters because of Romney's religion. I just think people are not talking about the elephant that is clearly in the room!

The people you're talking to must not be Christian. What Christian would vote for a pro-gay marriage pro-choice Muslim???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Wow... if it weren't for their belief in the bible, Mormonism would be kind of cool.

As far as it affecting his presidency, it shouldn't. He could be atheist, Muslim, Pagan, Jewish, or the Pope himself (especially)... I still wouldn't vote for the guy.

Why pick on one cult over another?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Obama in his youth, practiced islam.

Islam is anti-gay.

So Obama is obviously anti-ga-. . . wait, what? But that was his religious upbringing!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Djayed

President Obama always tries to pronounce things like they are said in their orginal language. Look at his speech when he was in Puerto Rico. Then you can post he is really Puerto Rican!!

HAHA…

How many US President’s throughout history refer to the wisdom of the Koran??

Post those videos! I’ll wait!

1. The video you posted was spliced together so Obama could have been talking about a lot of things.
2. Even if he was referring to the wisdom of the Koran, that doesn't mean he follows that religion.
3. I can say the same things about a lot of Taoism scriptures that doesn't mean I am a Taoist!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Djayed

Wow... if it weren't for their belief in the bible, Mormonism would be kind of cool.

As far as it affecting his presidency, it shouldn't. He could be atheist, Muslim, Pagan, Jewish, or the Pope himself (especially)... I still wouldn't vote for the guy.

So who gets your vote??

Everyone believes in something!!

Not many people will be voting for Obama or Romney because they agree or disagree with their religious views. For most people it’s about the economy and future of the country. I’d gladly vote for Muslim Obama if he was a conservative.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

I know religion is an important factor in a lot of people's life, Even you are not religious. I thought it was a discussion that was not being discussed.

Because there are more important issues….

I am meeting a lot of under cover Obama supporters because of Romney's religion. I just think people are not talking about the elephant that is clearly in the room!

The people you're talking to must not be Christian. What Christian would vote for a pro-gay marriage pro-choice Muslim???

Anti-gay is not a whole in Christianity, many christians support gays, but unfortunately I have met some that will not vote for Obama because of it. My best friends boyfriend being one.

The anti-gay from Christianty is coming from the churches not from the believers. With that logic Christians would not eat at Red Lobster because they serve shell fish, which clearly isn't happening!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I said this election will come down to a Marxist Muslim and a Free Market Mormon. Who do you think republicans will vote for?

Obama is not Muslim, he went to christian schools, and was a member of a christian church for 20 years.

And Mitt Romney is NOT free market. He is a corporatist.

link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Djayed

So who gets your vote??

Everyone believes in something!!

Not many people will be voting for Obama or Romney because they agree or disagree with their religious views. For most people it’s about the economy and future of the country. I’d gladly vote for Muslim Obama if he was a conservative.

That was my point. I don't care what religion a candidate identifies with.

I'm voting for Obama because he is more socially liberal than Romney but at the same time more fiscally conservative (despite their gang tags, Romney hasn't shown any evidence of him being more conservative than Obama).

If they were just two guys talking through a paper bag in a debate and never talked about social issues, it would be hard to tell which one was the democrat and which was the republican. I think if the sitting president were republican, Romney would be running as a democrat and I doubt it would even be challenged.

link   

Anti-gay is not a whole in Christianity, many christians support gays, but unfortunately I have met some that will not vote for Obama because of it. My best friends boyfriend being one.

The anti-gay from Christianty is coming from the churches not from the believers. With that logic Christians would not eat at Red Lobster because they serve shell fish, which clearly isn't happening!

No, no, nonononono.

If christianity is anti-gay, then ALL christians are anti-gay.

Isn't that the thrust of this thread? If mormonsim is racist, then ALL mormons are racists!

Right?
edit on 19-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I said this election will come down to a Marxist Muslim and a Free Market Mormon. Who do you think republicans will vote for?

Obama is not Muslim, he went to christian schools, and was a member of a christian church for 20 years.

And Mitt Romney is NOT free market. He is a corporatist.

You're right. Obama is not longer practicing islam.

He belonged to a church for 20 years that was anti-gay
edit on 19-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Can't say I like your choice, but I sure as hell like your attitude.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

No, no, nonononono.

If christianity is anti-gay, then ALL christians are anti-gay.

Isn't that the thrust of this thread? Id mormonsim is racist, then ALL mormons are racists!

Right?

I am trying to determine who thinks Mormons are in a cult, that is the purpose of the thread. I am not trying to have a theological discussion of the in depth belief systems on all religions. That would belong in the religion category, This thread is regarding Romney being Mormon and the Mormon religion, nothing more!
edit on 8/19/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am trying to determine who thinks Mormons are in a cult, that is the purpose of the thread. I am not trying to have a theological discussion of the in depth belief systems on all religions. That would belong in the religion category, This thread is regarding Romney being Mormon and the Mormon religion, nothing more!
edit on 8/19/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

All I'm doing is exposing the fallicy in logic that has been the running theme in this thread. I'm just comparing the two religions.

Romney is bad because he belongs to a religious organisation that was racist. So that makes Romney racist.

Christianity is anti-gay. So that makes all christians anti-gay.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Of course Mormonism is a cult, hence why they detached themselves from society, like all cults do.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If they go to an anti-gay church then they are anti-gay.There is no way you can sit through anti-gay seminars if you aren't. It would repulse any normal non-hateful person. All Mormon churches teach that brown people are cursed, that is how they became brown, it is in their holy book. The only reason why Obama got behind gay marriage is because of his voting base. Gay people are generally democrats and most liberals supports gay marriage.

edit on 19-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Every religion is a cult they are all shoot offs of one-another,

I am going to write in Bees name, cause he is buying me a barbie doll.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Many African American pastors sure were not happy about his stand on gay marriage, are they bigots?

Black Pastors Launch Anti-Obama Campaign to Convince African Americans to Withdraw Support for the President
www.theblaze.com...

www.theblaze.com...

The Rev. Al Sharpton is the only high-profile Black religious leader to come out and support Obama’s announcement. But the vast majority of Black pastors who run some of America’s largest churches are not happy with the President at all.

newsone.com...

Here are some reactions from Black pastors and other religious leaders.

Bishop Harry Jackson, senior pastor of Hope Christian Church in MD, said “I think the president has been in this place for awhile and that he chose this time because he thought that it might shift the balance of power. The timing made me suspect the motives were political, coming out of the North Carolina victory for the traditional marriage groups and maybe have people kind of rally behind this pro same-sex marriage cause.”

Albert Mohler said, “Pres. Obama’s evolution ends. He publicly supports same-sex marriage (again). Even his friends knew his “evolving” position was dishonest. Why did Pres. Obama make his same-sex marriage statement now? Wash. Post. reports that 1 in 6 of his most generous fundraisers is openly gay.”

Pastor Jack Graham said, “At the source of the same sex marriage issue is the spiritual emptiness of a nation which has forgotten God and denied His Word. Let me appeal to all my pastor friends to clearly and unequivocally state your support of Biblical marriage. Don’t sit this one out.”

Bryant Wright, president of the Southern Baptist Convention, said, “A very sad day for America when the President comes out in support of same sex marriage. No surprise, but deeply troubling for our future!”

Pastor Michael Youssef said, “Obama affirms same sex marriage. Will it be long before his pastor friends affirm him in his decision???”

Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said, “Obama’s comments are deeply saddening. I pray for the President every day, and will continue to pray that he and his Administration act justly to uphold and protect marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Ralph Reed: “Obama’s announcement is a gift to the Romney campaign.”

Bob Vander Plaats, head of The Family Leader, said, “This will stoke a part of the religious base even more against Obama. They were already fired up to get rid of Obama. This will only make them more on fire to get rid of Obama.

Pastor Jentezen Franklin said, “Feel a real sadness for America with the announcement of Gay Marriage support from Pres. Obama. Bible is clear this is sin. PRAY!”

Gary Bauer, president of American Values, said, “The charade is finally up. We’ve always known that Barack Obama supports same-sex marriage. With every action he’s taken, from court appointments to his rhetoric, he’s been preparing the way to undermine traditional marriage. Obama’s finally made that support explicit.”

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join