It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's Faith-Will Some Christians Not Accept a Mormon President???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Nah, he was definitely chosen by the TPTB. The other people stayed in the race because it gives the illusion of choice.

He was at the bilderberg meeting.

edit on 19-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't know any Mormons, I have to admit I wonder about it, I have the book of Mormon in my house and tried to read it once, it seemed obvious to me the little I did read was a strange attempt to make up something that would read similar to biblical scriptures.

I should go find it I guess.

You mean like the phrase "and it came to pass" which is repeated 1,297 times in the Book of Mormon.

Likely, Joseph Smith thought people would expect the book to be written in the style of King James.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Donny and Marie seem ok.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't know any Mormons, I have to admit I wonder about it, I have the book of Mormon in my house and tried to read it once, it seemed obvious to me the little I did read was a strange attempt to make up something that would read similar to biblical scriptures.

I should go find it I guess.

You mean like the phrase "and it came to pass" which is repeated 1,297 times in the Book of Mormon.

Likely, Joseph Smith thought people would expect the book to be written in the style of King James.

Yea I really need to go get the book, and the strange made up names.

link   
reply to post by Djayed

Don't you still think the republicans that had a lot of bad things to say about Romney being Mormon, still care he's a Mormon?

Nope!

Republican voters usually do not flip flop on things they are against? Gay marriage, tax increases for the rich? What makes the Mormon issue different?

Because the choice in this election is between a Marxist Muslim or a Free Market Mormon. Who do you think the average republican (or even the evangelical crowd) would vote for in this scenario?

edit on 19-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Nsh, he was definitely chosen by the TPTB. The other people stayed in the race because it gives the illusion of choice.

He was at the bilderberg meeting.

I respectfully disagree. They didn't want Romney from the beginning. The RNC is so out of touch with the pulse of the nation. The nation on the other hand are sick of being told who will be their candidate. Their voice was heard.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by seabag
Because the choice in this election is choosing between a Marxist Muslim...

Damn man, give that a rest. I know it's election season but what does that tripe aid?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 19-8-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Damn man, give that a rest. I know it's election season but what does that tripe aid?

No tripe here!

I was answering a question and I stand by what I said. He’s was a foreign exchange student at Harvard and his actions and statements back up my assertion about his religious preference.

link   
I found this,

After examining the dual — and sometimes conflicting — identities, she has decided that she will cast her vote for President Obama over Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee. Ms. Driessen believes that there is plenty in the Book of Mormon to support Mr. Obama’s candidacy, and she likes to cite chapter and verse, like Mosiah 29:39 and 23:13.

“It says it is your job, people, to elect people who will protect your liberties,” said Ms. Driessen, a constitutional lawyer. “That is my standard.”

Being black, liberal and Mormon, Ms. Driessen represents a small but emerging point of view that is in stark contrast to the traditional profile of American Latter-day Saints, who tend to be conservative, Republican and white.
www.nytimes.com...
While many within the church community are rooting for Mr. Romney, the minority Mormon voices are becoming more assertive, perhaps because of the strength of their growing numbers. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has experienced explosive worldwide growth through its missionary work, particularly in countries with large black populations. In the United States, it is the second-fastest growing religion, according to a recently released decennial census of religions.

While the church does not track members by race, there are thriving Mormon churches with hundreds of black members today in many urban areas, including Washington, Chicago and New York, although African-Americans represent only a tiny fraction of the six million Mormons in the United States.

Here Realspoke, check this out,

During the 1960s, when Mitt Romney’s father, George, made civil rights a personal priority during his time as a Republican governor of Michigan, his progressive views put him at odds with church doctrine.

link   

They were pushing Rick Perry at the beginning, but no one caught on, he also went to the Bilderberg meeting. Newt Gingrich didn't have funding and stopped campaigning for awhile...if the TPTB chose him, he would have no problem with money. Rick Santorum gained fame from religious goofballs...he wasn't chosen, that was by chance. Ron Paul has his own thing going on. Mitt Romney was chosen as second choice if Rick Perry didn't work out..he was chosen all along.

I haven't seen one Romney bumper sticker, what people like him? All the middle class and poor people I know are voting for Obama.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't care what his father did. He was a hypocrite, and probably used the civil rights movement to win over voters. There is no way that you can belong to a church that is racist and wouldn't let black people be priests, and that dark skin is a result of sin then claim your not racist and for civil rights.

And Mitt Romneys dad is not Mitt Romney.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
the Genesis Group

web site for black latter day saints

www.ldsgenesisgroup.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, it's obvious on this thread. The leftists are going to hate on Romney for anything they can.

(so much for being the party of tolerance)

Religion being the latest in their quiver of hate.

*when we gonna git the torches an' pitchforks?*

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So you think Mit is a racist?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Mormon. Catholic. Muslim. Agnostic. Or even Atheist.

Black. White. Hispanic. Oriental. Or any combination we can imagine...

Male. Female.

None of it matters a damn...or shouldn't. There are those to whom it will matter, which is unfortunate. What matters, in the end...

...is the content of their character, and their ideas about how to lead our country.

Discussion of the religion of such and such a candidate can be informative, but hardly the be all end all of the conversation... One can be a member of a religion and not be in agreement with all its dogma. It's been known to happen. Martin Luther's disagreement with the Roman Catholic Church began the Reformation. I suppose it could be put forth that Christ's disagreement with certain aspects of Jewish faith led to the creation of Christianity... Now Romney is hardly in that class of individual, or so we suppose...

If, as one or two people have written in this very thread, the membership of Romney in the Mormon church is indicative of his true character, what does Pres. Obama's membership in Chicago's Trinity United Church indicate about his character? Nothing good. But only if he's judged by that sole criteria.

Just curious...

Since I'm voting for neither man, the point really is meaningless to me. I was caught by the stereotyping is all.
edit on 8/19/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I haven't seen one Romney bumper sticker, what people like him? All the middle class and poor people I know are voting for Obama.

No surprise there. Ohio voted for Obama in 2008. I'm still not seeing a point. There are 49 other states and a few territorial entities as well as Ohio.

link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

And? If black people join the KKK, does that make the group not racist?

Don't go on about how there are black people that are Mormons. Of course there are, black people can hate themselves. If they join a church who won't retract their racist beliefs then they clearly hate themselves. Religion brainwashes people to think ridiculous things and go along with it.

In 1995, black church member A. David Jackson asked church leaders to issue a declaration repudiating past doctrines that treated black people as inferior. In particular, Jackson asked the church to disavow the 1949 "Negro Question" declaration from the church Presidency which stated "The attitude of the church with reference to negroes ... is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord ... to the effect that negroes ... are not entitled to the priesthood...".[51]

The church leadership did not issue a repudiation, and so in 1997 Jackson, aided by other church members including Armand Mauss, sent a second request to church leaders, which stated that white Mormons felt that the 1978 revelation resolved everything, but that black Mormons react differently when they learn the details. He said that many black Mormons become discouraged and leave the church or become inactive. "When they find out about this, they exit... You end up with the passive African Americans in the church".[52]

There being black members does not change the racism in their holy books and church. The church will not refute their racist beliefs.

link   

There is no way that you can belong to a church that is racist and wouldn't let black people be priests, and then claim your not racist and for civil rights.

Obama and most of his administration are racists. Where is your outrage over that??

Is Obama’s racism acceptable because you agree with him or because he’s black?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just wondering, what faith if any you are, because there are millions of black Christians all over he world, they accepted the christian faith even though they were enslaved.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This thread is not about Obama. It is about Mitt Romneys Mormonism. Why would I go off topic?

Why are you posting horrible edited videos that doesn't even show racism?

And no, I don't agree with Obamas church he went to. Rev Wright seems racist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join