It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A time will come when no one will believe in the GODS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The following extract from an ancient Greek work is interesting given our time frame

"Do you not know, Asclepius, that Egypt is an image of heaven, or, to speak more exactly, in Egypt all the operations of the powers which rule and work in heaven have been transferred to earth below?

Nay, it should rather be said that the whole Kosmos dwells in this our land (the Greeks?) as in its sanctuary. And yet, since it is fitting that wise men should have knowledge of all events before they come to pass, you must not be left in ignorance of this: there will come a time when it will be seen that in vain have the Egyptians honoured the deity with heartfelt piety and assiduous service; and all our holy worship will be found bootless and ineffectual. For the gods will return from earth to heaven.

Egypt will be forsaken, and the land which was once the home of religion will be left desolate, bereft of the presence of its deities.......O Egypt, Egypt, of thy religion nothing will remain but an empty tale, which thine own children in time to come will not believe; nothing will be left but graven words, and only the stones will tell of thy piety. And in that day men will be weary of life, and they will cease to think the universe worthy of reverent wonder and of worship......Darkness will be preferred to light, and death will be thought more profitable than life; no one will raise his eyes to heaven.....And so the gods will depart from mankind, a grievous thing!, and only evil angels will remain, who will mingle with men, and drive the poor wretches by main force into all manner of reckless crime, into wars, and robberies, and frauds, and all things hostile to the nature of the soul. Then will the earth no longer stand unshaken, and the sea will bear no ships; heaven will not support the stars in their orbits, nor will the stars pursue their constant course in heaven; all voices of the gods will of necessity be silenced and dumb; the fruits of the earth will rot; the soil will turn barren, and the very air will sicken in sullen stagnation. After this manner will old age come upon the world. Religion will be no more; all things will be disordered and awry; all good will disappear.

But when all this has befallen, Asclepius, then the Master and Father, God, the first before all, the maker of that god who first came into being, will look on that which has come to pass, and will stay the disorder by the counterworking of his will, which is the good. He will call back to the right path those who have gone astray; he will cleanse the world from evil, now washing it away with water-floods, now burning it out with fiercest fire, or again expelling it by war and pestilence. And thus he will bring back his world to its former aspect, so that the Kosmos will once more be deemed worthy of worship"

Excerpts from the dialog with Asclepius
edit on 19-8-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Can't happen soon enough if you ask me.

Also, if you ask me, I doubt this will ever happen.

Harte

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Look at the masses and what the media says. I think most people already think like this.

And just like Atlantis, they put so much faith in technology.. All that is doing is leading us the same was as Atlantis.......

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think w/ death of religion, we will have death of spirituality as well will be soon to follow.

I think the greys are "Us" in the future, when a world embraces logic/reason/technology over love/consciousness/meditation. They seem stone cold and without love.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I think w/ death of religion, we will have death of spirituality as well will be soon to follow.

Religion and spirituality are not the same thing. One would hope the death of organized religion would bring about more personal spirituality.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melen

Originally posted by dominicus

Religion and spirituality are not the same thing. One would hope the death of organized religion would bring about more personal spirituality.

Yes absolutely! No one needs "rituals" and all the other "components" required for organized religion.
If anything, those only distract and mislead people, if not make it entirely impossible to find real, personal spirituality.

The irony, one could even say that a death of organized religion could WELL MEAN that some people would find access to god... i mean real, experienced spiritualism instead of the facade and lies what most O.R. is. Just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Can't happen soon enough if you ask me.

Also, if you ask me, I doubt this will ever happen.

Harte

Depends on what soil I am standing.

In the US, without religion I am afraid that many of our countrymen might be too dull to maintain any kind of social order, or their dignity.

In the MIddle East....perhaps a change in religion is what is needed? I could imagine without any religion the Middle East denizens might be wholly unchanged from their current pattern of behavior.

But seeing the comfort my mother receives from her faith....I wouldn't dare take that from her.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

But when all this has befallen, Asclepius, then the Master and Father, God, the first before all, the maker of that god who first came into being, will look on that which has come to pass, and will stay the disorder by the counterworking of his will, which is the good. He will call back to the right path those who have gone astray; he will cleanse the world from evil, now washing it away with water-floods, now burning it out with fiercest fire, or again expelling it by war and pestilence. And thus he will bring back his world to its former aspect, so that the Kosmos will once more be deemed worthy of worship"

This is most interesting, not only the prophecy of "darkness" but also the eventual correction.

"God" was always assumed to exist, behind everything else. This thread is strangely synchronistic with another prophecy thread, albeit a christian one. Both concord exactly, although from completely different sources.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Every age comes to an end with a cataclysm, and the survivors lay the foundation for the new age just as happened in Egypt. Osiris came into Egypt carrying the legacy of Atlantis with him.

Diodorus recounts that Athena built Sais before the deluge that supposedly destroyed Athens and Atlantis. While all Greek cities were destroyed during that cataclysm, the Egyptian cities including Sais survived

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The time has come and passed that was spoken of in the Hermetic writings

The gods and goddesses of Ancient Egypt originate from a Philosophy and not religion

Religion took truth and twisted it for it's own agenda - sound familiar?

Gods and Goddesses never really existed in the context or mind set that we hold of today
The word god or goddess meant something quite different
They were natural laws that applied to the Cosmos and the individual.and as such an individual contains their potential or characteristics.

Yes they are no longer believed as Nature is no longer believed.
It is no longer believed that the Cosmos is the mind or thoughts of the Creator made manifest but for a few individual souls

new topics

top topics

join