It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain why you think there will NOT be war with Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

As far as I can tell, this is the first time America and not just Israel has proposed that sanctions and diplomacy have failed in halting the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

Sanctions only work if there is a credible threat of force behind them. Paper tigers don’t scare people.

Regardless, it is up to Iran. I truly believe if Iran would stop pursuing nukes (follow the NPT that they signed) and stop sponsoring the terrorist activities of Hamas and Hezbollah all aggression and sanctions would cease and we could get on with peaceful relations. Israel, US and the UN would not attack Iran if they were acting like a civilized, responsible, reasonable nation. It takes two sides to have a dialog.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I feel quite certain that if Romney is elected, we will be in a conflict with Iran. It won't matter what people think or want.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

How many wars has Romney started?

How many wars has Obama started?

Who will start a war with Iran??

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I feel quite certain that if Romney is elected, we will be in a conflict with Iran. It won't matter what people think or want.

Does that sound like a democracy to you. If it doesn't matter what we think or want?

Its like we will have this war if we like it or not because its our job to do as we are told.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Does that sound like a democracy to you. If it doesn't matter what we think or want?

That is if you were to buy into this false premise to begin with.

Its like we will have this war if we like it or not because its our job to do as we are told.

Did I miss a headline?? What war???

It's all speculation at this point.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That's a topic that should have it's own thread and be discussed.
Why we still show up at the ballot box knowing the people who we elect will lie to us,cheat, steal our children's future by burying them in debt, They literally get away with murder..and walk away with a nobel peace prize
Time and time again the people are betrayed by their elected officials once they get into office,as if the they forget Who there working for...
wev'e lost control of our government and it does as it pleases
not that much different from Iran regime i must say

edit on 19-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by spy66

Did I miss a headline?? What war???

It's all speculation at this point.

The war going on right now is covert.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The main reason there will not be a war is because Iran knows that Israel WILL use nukes to defend themselves. The extremism of Iran's leadership needs a devil to keep that extremism alive, but the younger culture is not buying it as before and so they are more in trouble from within than any external threat. Iran really doesn't have any external threats that they do not cultivate first, so they basically turn up the heat for awhile then down....they saw what happen with Saddam too, and I'm sure they do not want to end up like that....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Short but sweet,there's nothing covert about the war in Syria
its all over the headlines..
edit on 19-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What you fail to realize is we couldve 30 years ago when they held our Americans hostage and we conducted a failed rescue mission to get them out. We didnt then when it was so bad...and we wont now either. It will not happen. Also...Read up on the US and the Shah and his educated in the US children...and Ayatollah Khoemani.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Sure…and it is being fought by US, Russia, China, Iran, Syria, UK, Germany, Israel et al.

I thought you were talking about overt war. The war happening now (as far as US involvement goes) is being fought diplomatically, economically, electronically, and with limited assassinations of key players. There is a thing called “national security” that the US must safeguard.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sure…and it is being fought by US, Russia, China, Iran, Syria, UK, Germany, Israel et al.

I thought you were talking about overt war. The war happening now (as far as US involvement goes) is being fought diplomatically, economically, electronically, and with limited assassinations of key players. There is a thing called “national security” that the US must safeguard.

Problem with people like you who think exactly like our political and banking and military leaders.

Is that you are what I call "half smart", meaning you seem to understand the game superficially but not to the core.

**BlowBack** is the word of the century, US policy is so full of blowback.

And here is your future .......and I for one am glad you will experience it.

Don't cry how Stock Market tumbled, how your entire salary goes for gas money, how price of food has quadrupled, how random terrorism on soft targets went up 3000%
edit on 19-8-2012 by petertheskinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by petertheskinny

Problem with people like you who think exactly like our political and banking and military leaders.

Is that you are what I call "half smart", meaning you seem to understand the game superficially but not to the core.

**BlowBack** is the word of the century, US policy is so full of blowback.

Spare me your pseaudo-intellectual talking points, professor. You said nothing…

And here is your future .......and I for one am glad you will experience it.

I know you can’t wait…

Don't cry how Stock Market tumbled, how your entire salary goes for gas money, how price of food has quadrupled, how random terrorism on soft targets went up 3000%

So dealing with strategic threats is reserved for TPTB and anybody who wants what’s best for America must be playing their tune??

Give me a break!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by roadgravel

How many wars has Romney started?

How many wars has Obama started?

Who will start a war with Iran??

I'd like to ask you the same thing:

how many wars has obama started?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by petertheskinny

Is that you are what I call "half smart", meaning you seem to understand the game superficially but not to the core

0nly pr0blem I see are pe0ple here wh0 are *n0t smart* at all. Meaning, Irans *leaders have t0 g0*
Get it thr0ugh y0ur head. It is n0t a game. Numbskull

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
The main reason there will not be a war is because Iran knows that Israel WILL use nukes to defend themselves. The extremism of Iran's leadership needs a devil to keep that extremism alive, but the younger culture is not buying it as before and so they are more in trouble from within than any external threat. Iran really doesn't have any external threats that they do not cultivate first, so they basically turn up the heat for awhile then down....they saw what happen with Saddam too, and I'm sure they do not want to end up like that....

I think you make a very good point here, but does this not contradict the current foreign policy of Israel who are insisting on attacking Iran despite the fact Iran is not a threat for the reasons you mentioned?

To me, your point sums up the sickness of the Zionist's foreign policy plans- because Iran knows if it ever attacked Israel they would get wiped out by the 'Samson Option'- and yet Israel is pushing for war.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Reasons, based on reasons, based on reasons, to justify potential civilian, and certain human blood shed.

It's not about reasons. It's about chaos fulfillment, something humanity still has yet to realize in its many derivations.

If you look at the situation without a television blasting your ear off with war drums, it should be evident that Iran hasn't done much that is truly wrong, aside from nuclear ambitions toward residential and commercial energy production. Apparently this is not ok, which is something to actually consider when you think about all of these piss poorly constructed power plants that are going to pollute this planet into a real hell at the rate we're going. However, it would seem to me that the reasons and rhetoric being portrayed by mainstream and political/military sources, regarding the Iran situation, is akin to profiling a young adult from an urban area who is buying a knife, and people automatically assuming he's buying a knife to somehow harm people directly or indirectly, despite all of his accusers having guns here, there, or floating in space over his head. And please, don't lecture me on the history of Iran. Take a look at the countries that are most involved in this situation - all have 'decorated' track records. The point is to see things as they are, NOW.

For a bit of clarity: the argument that they would create weapons in secret and sell to the highest buying terrorist group. Newsflash, there are plenty of countries the world over that have plenty of nuclear weapons that could, and I'm sure have been bargained for or accessed in the past, whether it be fissile material, or fully constructed weapons.

Progress would be if ALL countries disbanded their weaponized nuclear devices. Obviously this wouldn't happen to totality, but it sure could be implemented, and could be done quickly. It is ABSOLUTELY BAFFLING that we have these atrocious bastardizations of existence with the thought that we may use them on our fellow man and woman, let alone the other species of this wonderful planet. Oops, now I'll certainly get labeled as a hippy for caring about animals and the environment.

Nuclear weapons should absolutely only be used for energy production, for providing residential and commercial energy, along with eventual propulsion technologies as we endeavor into the cosmos. Instead, we have many countries holding guns the size of planets at the head of humanity.

And we call ourselves...civilized? I think the civilians of the world, the people, need to show their 'civility' and stop the needless bloodshed that some supposed leaders so quickly get their jacks over.

Besides, there is already a war going on; it is a war of minds. Do you really think the minds that wish for destruction and chaos will win in the end? There are solutions to everything. If you believe that war is the only answer to this situation, then you are being deceived. It seems these miserable ways of thinking have corrupted many levels of our establishment, but rest assured, this too, shall pass.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Sure, so does Iran. They to have a national security to safeguard.

How do you know that the US is just conducting diplomacy? In a covert war you don't know who is doing what. That is why its a covert war. No sides will admit that they are doing anything but peaceful diplomatics.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mfc1PLAZMUH

I don't know what country you live in,fiend,but I think you got some bad info on the U.S.A. You speak as if every American is a warmonger.Most of us are opposed to war with any country for any reason.Unfortunately the US took a turn for the worst back in the 1950's when the whole military/industrial complex was born.Now the military,and the Defense industry that supports it,have acquired way too much power.The average American does not want war,but the average American has little power to do anything to change the Status Quo.Sure,we can use the vote to make small changes,but these have little to no effect on the Big Picture.
The last twelve years of war have torn our economy to shreds and most Americans are fed up.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

I think you make a very good point here, but does this not contradict the current foreign policy of Israel who are insisting on attacking Iran despite the fact Iran is not a threat for the reasons you mentioned?

To me, your point sums up the sickness of the Zionist's foreign policy plans- because Iran knows if it ever attacked Israel they would get wiped out by the 'Samson Option'- and yet Israel is pushing for war.

You need to remember this is all in the Middle East...Israel is in the Middle East and all those countries do the same bantering. Israel can't fight Iran and expect to come out any better than loosing half or more of its population. Both countries both know it is a lose lose situation, but it sure doesn't stop both sides from talking a lot of crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join