It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain why you think there will NOT be war with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Of coarse they(Israel/USA) want regime change,i want regime change in Iran. but the time for negotioations and mediation is over with Iran's govt,tho i disagree completely they should be attacked,imo it's just a matter of time
edit on 19-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

So whilst you disagree with a military option you still think they'll go ahead with it anyway?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Is shooting you in the FACE the only way to get you to change?
No. But its a good way to piss you off

But once the guns and # are put away other steps can be taken for change.. But not until all the 'toys' are removed.

USA and israel want to keep iran powerless, they want a regime change, WITH THEIR OWN PUPPETS. The idea to them of having a nuclear capable country scares them, as theyve suppressed them so #ing long, they really think Irans only goals is to annihilate them, which is probably half right seeing theyve done the exact same to them for YEARS.

edit on 19-8-2012 by P-M-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

short answer..yup
I think bombing their nuclear sites is ridiculous tho,it would pollute the whole region

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-M-H
Is shooting you in the FACE the only way to get you to change?
No. But its a good way to piss you off

But once the guns and # are put away other steps can be taken for change.. But not until all the 'toys' are removed.

USA and israel want to keep iran powerless, they want a regime change, WITH THEIR OWN PUPPETS. The idea to them of having a nuclear capable country scares them, as theyve suppressed them so #ing long, they really think Irans only goals is to annihilate them, which is probably half right seeing theyve done the exact same to them for YEARS.

edit on 19-8-2012 by P-M-H because: (no reason given)

Ok thanks for your opinion and agree with your point they want to impose their own puppets who will serve American interests

So, from those who have addressed the questions, we can agree the USA and Israel want regime change.

Evidence tells us sanctions and diplomacy have failed.

As much as we can disagree with another war, the only policy they are left with to bring about regime change is a military one- would you disagree with this, and if so, why?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I dont agree with Military forcing change.
But you when you do # like america has thats the only way they know..

What the # would happen in America if some #ing nation came here to change you?
Youd be pissed and probably do the same # iran is doing.
Wanna solve a #ing problem? Leave the #ing country alone.
They been around before america, they'll probably be here after america

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

Im not going to play devils advocate,even tho i see an opportunity

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I dont agree with Military forcing change.
But you when you do # like america has thats the only way they know..

What the # would happen in America if some #ing nation came here to change you?
Youd be pissed and probably do the same # iran is doing.
Wanna solve a #ing problem? Leave the #ing country alone.
They been around before america, they'll probably be here after america

I agree but you are still missing the real question

It's not what we (the people) want- I agree with what you are saying, but my question is asking you to go into the heads of those making policy who insist on regime change in Iran.

Once we do this, and realise they see it as business, human life is nothing but collateral, then the only logical conclusion is to see we are heading for another military conflict.

I know not one poster will be able to come on here and give a solid explanation as to why the military option won't be used- because it will be used. We don't want it to happen, but the course is set. The reason my threads are not popular is because when it comes down to actually addressing the crucial questions without applying emotion (as the policy makers do), then the only path to regime change in Iran is through military force.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ok why are they doing it?

Umm

Money, Power, Resources....................

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You seem o be asking two questions. Your title asks if it is the only option. Your thread asks if people think it is the path we are on.

No, it is not the only option in the least. Yes, we are barreling down that particular highway.

Edited to make it more clear were I stand on the issue
Thanks for pointing that out.

link   
reply to post by P-M-H

Add a few more..
geography..strategically important
nuclear threat and potential arms race removal
the China/Russia syndrome

link   

When it comes to Iran they want Corporate control of Iran.They want a Central Bank which will give Corporate control over it. Once the Corporate control is in they can control the country as a Puppet. There is also a smoke screen by the Republicans that they hate Iran but they on a regular basis deal with them in secret that would be the spy side of things. Bush a spy and President. Putin a spy and a President. Ahmadenijad a spy and a President. The President portion is not what connects these guys so you can take a guess at what does. The USA built the nuclear power plant in Iran. Russia is there repairing the nuclear power plant in Iran. Israel is the one who blew it up and is saying they will do it again. Bush was selling equipment to Iran through Haliburton and Koch Industries. They probly got Duqu and STUXnet in that way. And it did not have to do with destroying the place as much as it had to do with spying for future Corporate control. A Democrate comes into power in the USA and the war was on. Duqu and STUXnet starts destroying things. Putin then uses a Russian Antivirus company to stop it. But the whole time it was there under Bush it was only used to spy on them. And because it was only spying Putin did not care. Even Romney played a part of getting high tech monitoring equipment into Iran through China and Bain Capital. It allowed Iran to monitor the Iranians and the spies to monitor Iran monitoring the Iranians. And it comes down to Corporate control of the sheeple no mater where you hide. Just look at Facebook sping on Americans. China has the same setup under another name Renren. And you wondered why Mark Zuckerberg went to China right after Facebook went public. The Republicans loved paying for Facebook with CIA money through InQtel and sharing it all with the Corporate control of sheeple. A Democrate came in and said why are we paying for this let them go public and off our payroll.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ok why are they doing it?

Umm

Money, Power, Resources....................

Exactly. I know you know the answers, but it can take a while for people to say it outright sometimes

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The reasons they wont do it: Iran has the capability to deliver a nuclear detonation to Israel
Iran's govt in beginings of collapse
Iran's govt sits nicely in the pockets of the Western puppet masters
Russia/China

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Do you think America and Israel want regime change in Iran?

Yes and I think the people of Iran do as well

- Have the sanctions worked, or have they just made the regime tighten their grip on the country?

Both…I think they are having a serious effect which is why US is holding Israel back. If one man is being hurt by another he’s not going to admit that he’s hurt. Usually it makes him fight back harder. But because he doesn’t admit the pain and instead fights back harder certainly doesn’t mean he even has a chance at winning in the long run. The Iranian leadership is in its death throes IMO.

- What policy is next after sanctions?

Diplomacy I hope.

- Do those making the policy decisions care about human life or see it as collateral damage?

I think so or US and Israel would have obliterated Iran (and others) already.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
The reasons they wont do it: Iran has the capability to deliver a nuclear detonation to Israel
Iran's govt in beginings of collapse
Iran's govt sits nicely in the pockets of the Western puppet masters

Do you have any links to show that Iran can deliver a nuclear detonation to Israel- I though the whole MSM propaganda machine's argument was to prevent Iran getting a nuclear weapons ability?

If you check out the foreign policy analysts you will find that Iran's regime is as strong as ever, the sanctions have actually increased the grip of the regime over the people. Sanctions have hurt the people of Iran but the regime is far, far far from collapsing.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No proof that i know of that Iran has a nuclear weapon yet,but they do have the means of delivering one,or dirty one for that matter
This is why the attack option is still tabled,nuclear bomb..not gonna happen

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Do you think America and Israel want regime change in Iran?

Yes and I think the people of Iran do as well

- Have the sanctions worked, or have they just made the regime tighten their grip on the country?

Both…I think they are having a serious effect which is why US is holding Israel back. If one man is being hurt by another he’s not going to admit that he’s hurt. Usually it makes him fight back harder. But because he doesn’t admit the pain and instead fights back harder certainly doesn’t mean he even has a chance at winning in the long run. The Iranian leadership is in its death throes IMO.

- What policy is next after sanctions?

Diplomacy I hope.

- Do those making the policy decisions care about human life or see it as collateral damage?

I think so or US and Israel would have obliterated Iran (and others) already.

Thanks for the replies.

In regards to saying diplomacy follows sanctions, I think you will find diplomacy was the first policy of America- in the words of the NDAA for 2009- the policy was 'good natured discussions'.

Sanctions followed diplomacy- that is where we are today with sanctions being at their harshest this year.

Sanctions have hurt the Iranian people n odoubt about that.

But Iran still trades with other countries by not using the petrodollar, they still get assistance from Russia, the regime itself is far from giving in to current policy.

Regarding the point that they could have obliterated Iran already- there is a lot of political intrgue in the build up to war. America cannot just wage war, they need justification.

If your research the policy analysts (check a few of my threads for links to policy) you will see they have been trying to goad Iran into an act of aggression in order to justify a military response. The sanctions have been a part of that policy but NDAA 2013 says that has failed.

With diplomacy and sanctions failed policy and the regime as strong as ever, policy options are running out IMO.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

In regards to saying diplomacy follows sanctions, I think you will find diplomacy was the first policy of America- in the words of the NDAA for 2009- the policy was 'good natured discussions'.

Sanctions followed diplomacy- that is where we are today with sanctions being at their harshest this year.

I understand that but, like war, sanctions are intended to deliver submission. Once submission is achieved we return to diplomacy. Look at how the US dealt with Japan after it was defeated; US was instrumental in rebuilding Japan and we now have good relations.

Diplomacy failed – US increased pressure through sanctions. If this works we’ll have peaceful relations with Iran. If this fails then things will escalate to war and then we’ll have peaceful relations with Iran. It’s really their choice when they chose to submit and how far they want this to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I understand that but, like war, sanctions are intended to deliver submission. Once submission is achieved we return to diplomacy. Look at how the US dealt with Japan after it was defeated; US was instrumental in rebuilding Japan and we now have good relations.

Diplomacy failed – US increased pressure through sanctions. If this works we’ll have peaceful relations with Iran. If this fails then things will escalate to war and then we’ll have peaceful relations with Iran. It’s really their choice when they chose to submit and how far they want this to go.

I see your point- diplomacy fails so they apply pressure through sanctions and then return to diplomacy.

Whilst seeing your point, I don't think the Israeli lobby is ever going to acknowledge if Iran tried to solve this diplomatically. They have been very vocal in declaring diplomacy as failed policy.

If you look at the NDAA for 2013, that legislation is quite specific in stating that Iran is not willing to cooperate-

Nevertheless, to date, diplomatic overtures, sanctions, and other non-kinetic actions toward Iran have not caused the Government of Iran to abandon its nuclear weapons program

As far as I can tell, this is the first time America and not just Israel has proposed that sanctions and diplomacy have failed in halting the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
double

edit on 19-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join