It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain why you think there will NOT be war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From where I am standing, it looks very obvious which path we are on. Sanctions and diplomacy have been applied, yet the beating of the war drums from Israel get louder by the day. America has vowed to have 'Israel's back'.

If you still think war will not happen, then please explain why you think it won't come to that, offer some legit reasons to justify why you take this opinion. Consider some of these questions when making conclusions-

- Do you think America and Israel want regime change in Iran?

- Have the sanctions worked, or have they just made the regime tighten their grip on the country?

- What policy is next after sanctions?

- Do those making the policy decisions care about human life or see it as collateral damage?

If you answer these questions with the facts and evidence, I think you'll struggle to argue against USA/Israel using a military option.

Whether Iran is after the nuke or not is irrevelant at this point, because the official stance of both America and Israel is they are striving for the nuclear bomb.

I don't want to see war, it would have terrible consequences for the region and the world. But I'm also very keen on researching the facts- I've seen American policy change over the years and harden greatly towards Iran, I only see one policy option left.

Use this thread to convince me otherwise

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: edited to clarify my stance on the issue

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You seem o be asking two questions. Your title asks if it is the only option. Your thread asks if people think it is the path we are on.

No, it is not the only option in the least. Yes, we are barreling down that particular highway.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

America and Israel are interrested in colonization of Middle East with troops, or, more recently, CIA drones bases. Robotic armies. Look at what happened with

Irak

Lybia

Vietnam

Germany (in the end of 1945, America actually assimilated NAZIsm using the Project Paperclip)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Convince me I'm wrong for thinking war is the only option in Iran

If people refused to fight, then all concerned would have to find another way to resolve their issues. No, war is not the only option, and it shouldn't even BE an option.
edit on 8/19/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I never really understood The American obsession with WAR..

What is it about yourselves that conquest and power is your only

reason to be..

War of any kind is never a sane persons choice but yous lot keep

going on and on about it..

Here is a thought to all you paranoid members..

Grow the fcuk up ALL LIFE IS SACRED..

Total Respect
Plazmuh

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Are you willing to send your kids in there on the front lines as first forces to enter?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What I'm trying to do in this thread is get people to THINK about the questions I am asking!

Do they want regime change? Yes or no?

If they want regime change, then how can they get that if an internal revolution (as seen in Libya) will not work and sanctions and diplomacy are classed as failed policy?

What I'm saying, where we stand today, what else can they do but use a military option?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Are you willing to send your kids in there on the front lines as first forces to enter?

I'm let down by this reply The Professional.

I think there is a real culture divide on this forum, surely my stance is obvious on this issue?

I'm not saying I want war, nor do I see Iran as a threat to America- I feel sad for having to point this out

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
To what end? if history teaches us anything violence in the ME just creates violence, more hatred and jihadists,its never worked and wont now or anytime in the future.the people of Iran should decide their future without pressure or interference.
imo violence is never the answer..i tell my kids this..

edit on 19-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Great question, but sorry, I won't be able to convince you. War is big business. From big Oil to the military industrial complex, war is simply too important for the people who really pull the strings in international affairs for it to be avoided. There would be no Blackwater without war, nor Haliburton, Bechtel, McDonald Dougless, large parts of Boeing and Honneywell, to name a few.

Lined up against mandatory cuts in defense spending that will occur at the end of the year, the military industrial complex will not tolerate those cuts and the simple fact is that if they truly believe those cuts will be implemented, there will be war. If they are not sure about the cuts being implemented, they will push the issue, making it more likely that there will be war to have at least those defense cuts taken out of the end of year series of mandatory cuts. Unfortunately, that could drive the situation to the point where war is unavoidable regardless of what happens to the cuts - it will be too late.

Its that simple

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
The question should be to what goal? if history teaches us anything violence in the ME just creates violence, more hatred and jihadists,the people of Iran should decide their future without pressure or interference.
imo violence is never the answer..i tell my kids this.

I know violence is not the answer, but i'm not asking that.

WE the people do not decide what policy is used.

I'm trying to make people to think from a position of the policy makers, many of whom now believe Iran is a threat. Many of whom stand to profit from another war.

THEY want regime change.

If that is the goal- to input a a leader who is in line with American interests, then what other policy do they have if sanctions and diplomacy fail?

Violence in Iraq was not the answer, violence in Libya was not the answer but it happened, I'm sure once poeple actually consider these questions and weigh up the options, then they will see war is the only option they have to use.

Unless of course you think our leaders really want what is best for Iran and their people (even though millions suffer daily from economic sanctions)?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There is no doubt that Israel, US and the EU want a regime change in Iran. They want all the rights to control Iranian politics and way of life. Just like they are trying to convert Afghanistan to become a western democracy and conduct their business like we do.
The US and the Eu want to destroy Iran and than help build it up again by letting Iran barrow money from the FED or world bank. That way we will have Iran by its balls. Because they will own us for our help. After we have destroyed them of course.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
There is no doubt that Israel, US and the EU want a regime change in Iran. They want all the rights to control iranian politics and way of life. Just like they are trying to convert Afghanistan to become a western democracy and conduct their business like we do.
The US and the Eu want to destroy Iran and than help build it up again by letting Iran barrow money from the FED or world bank. That we we will have Iran by its balls. Because they will own our banks money.

So if they want regime change and sanctions and diplomacy have failed, what is the next line of policy?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH

I never really understood The American obsession with WAR..

What is it about yourselves that conquest and power is your only

reason to be..

War of any kind is never a sane persons choice but yous lot keep

going on and on about it..

Here is a thought to all you paranoid members..

Grow the fcuk up ALL LIFE IS SACRED..

Total Respect
Plazmuh

I'm not American, but I'll speak for 99% of the American population in saying they do not want another costly war that will see millions die.

Sadly, the people don't call the shots my friend, they just pay the taxes.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The next step is to advertising to the public a reasonable enough reason to go to war, based on some false rhetoric that Iran is close to getting a nuclear war head. Iran wont be attacked until the majority of the public agrees that it is the right thing to do.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So, you make a thread title saying you wan tto go to war, but inside the thread you say you dont want war. You put a misleading headline so people will come here. Misleading.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Big Satan better hope they don't really have the twelfth Imman.Iranians are end timers.
The solution could be as simple as leaving them be but of course war mongering America can't help itself.Big Satan sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Of coarse they(Israel/USA) want regime change,i want regime change in Iran. but the time for negotioations and mediation is over with Iran's govt,tho i disagree completely they should be attacked,imo it's just a matter of time

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So, you make a thread title saying you wan tto go to war, but inside the thread you say you dont want war. You put a misleading headline so people will come here. Misleading.

Not really.

I don't want war but see it as the only policy option they have left.

Unless of course they give up on regime change?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I've edited the title, I can see where it may have been confusing with the question asked in the thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join