It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is karma linked to Law of attraction?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by applecore

Are you talking about a mindcontrolsystem?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PillarOfStrenght

in my opinion

no
more like a blue print

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slave NO MORE

Im not sure the universe knows the difference

You "feel" if something is right / wrong. And you are also part of the universe aren't you? Energy has a positive and a negative side. And the whole universe consists of energy. So i believe that if you give out negative energy, you attract that energy back at you.

I agree, and so in effect it is as if we are attracting our karma. For example: If I am judgmental toward myself and others, I may attract a judgmental "scenario" either toward myself from another, myself toward another, or I may view or witness it amongst others. Either way it is part of my universe (for which I am intimately connected and a part of it's fabric) and I am aware of "judgment" happening. If I were not judgmental, this "karmic" energy would not be occurring in my awareness. Not that it couldn't crop up unexpectedly due to the fact that one is capable at any time of being so.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

Dude thats exactly what I said in the op lol.

My point is that the things you feel bring on the good/bad returns of karma, not the action itself.

I'm not an authority on karma, but I disagree with the above. The action itself is a manifestation of the thought/energy, I agree that thoughts and energy can be very powerful but the action or 'doing' of something, good or bad, must be accountable to the law of karma.

I think even if you have good intentions but your actions have unforeseen or unintented consequences you can be held accountable. It is my understanding (or belief at this moment) that the law of karma is a natural conscious law, and that even the Gods are subject to the law of karma, although they are faced with a more strict 'version' due to their comprehension and knowledge. The higher they are, the harder they fall....

Regards

This is way closer to the actual process...

No action is without thought...at some level, it is initiated by thought, conscious or unconscious...
Karma is part of the mechanism of FREE WILL...it is the 'balancing side' (if you will)...place them within the context of multiple lifetimes, and it makes better sense...so, within the mechanism, thought creates physical results in the material world...

The LOA is subject to the mechanism of FREE WILL also (as you sow, so shall you reap)...specificity is key...the main thrust of LOA invites you to entertain the belief that the condition/state/whatever, already exists (which it actually does - but that's another story)...

Simply wishing a million dollars, is an open-ended request - does not wish under what circumstances this money could be acquired - eg. Death of a family member, payout for an accident that renders you quadraplegic etc..

Thought renders the action (even if you forget what the initial thoughts were)...

Karma, instills a sense of responsibility into thought (specificity)...FREE WILL comes with responsibility as its main 'balancer'...

You do not necessarily reap the results of karma in this lifetime - conditions need to be, just right...or, the result does not form part of the main thrust of your dealings in this lifetime, and will will be visited in another (usually, to your anguished cries of 'why me')...

So, yes, LOA is linked to Karma...

A99

top topics

<< 1   >>

join