It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panspermia propaganda in the news, movies & now video games?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Panspermia is a processes where its believed microbes are transported between Planets or Planetary systems , all it has to do with Aliens is it shows that other life can and will exist on other planets . Seems to me you have a problem with the existence of Alien life not Panspermia
reply to post by gortex

I don't have a problem believing either one frankly. I have my "ideas" exactly what aliens ARE, (which isn't the topic) just as I have the idea of what ghosts actually are. (Which, incidentally are the same thing imo)

I gave the wiki to Panspermia instead of exogenesis b/c of the two, Panspermia has gotten more "play" lately. And yes, even though they are different words & meanings, ppl do often use them interchangeably.

I do not fail at reading comprehension, thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for your decent reply.

I don't believe in "Panspermia" parsay, my main intent of this thread was to suggest that the idea is being "introduced" into the public consciousness on purpose. I told a previous poster that I believe that the aliens that have visited us, were "something else". B/c of your decency of your reply, I will happily explain what I believe these things are, in short, demons. (Or "Watchers" as the old texts called them.)

Please however, please don't assume I believe any alien anywhere is in fact a demon, only ones we have come in contact with. I think there is an "awful lot of wasted space" if we are the only intelligent life in the universe."-Carl Sagan.

I have the capacity to "bracket" my intellect & my religion, and look at things objectively, which is why I am so adamantly po'ed when I get "labeled" like from others around here.

Again, thanks for staying OP!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer

Originally posted by schadenfreude
Panspermia is the belief that life on Earth came from somewhere else. Aliens & Ufo’s are for nuts, except when they’re being discussed by “real” scientists.

UFOs and Panspermia are dissimilar ideas, you can't lump them together like that.

Also, please spare us the religious propaganda, please. Don't you people have some woo-woo forum somewhere?
edit on 19-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

No actually Panspermia and exogenesis are dissimilar ideas, and yes I can b/c they are often used together whether their meaning is different or not.

As a matter of fact, UFO's would be the PRIMARY method of exogenesis, since this is the alien conspiracy forum.

As for my "bible propaganda", deal with it. These bible tirades grow tiresome, try to stay on topic.

Of all the things I list, you mention Panspermia being wrong, and my "bible woo-woo"

Great addition to the discussion, thanks alot.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Panspermia has been given more consideration cos that's currently, where the facts are seemingly leading us. Many astronomers now believe that, probably, 100% of the Earth's water was sourced from comets.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazon

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men : but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. (KJV)

Now some here would argue that these reasons for this intermingling not happening would be due to cultural or even ideological differences, but if that were the case, why bother talking about the “seed of man”? More so, if something cannot mingle with the seed of man...

Im a little confused as to this part, the quote from the bible states they shall mingle but you go on to say that they cannot mingle?

The men of Iron part reminded me of the ancient Greek history where the current age of man, the 5th age, is the Age of Iron. And also the previous Age, the Heroic Age, the time when Demi-Gods(nephilim) "They were the heroes of old, men of renown" roamed the world

When I mentioned the intermingling (thank you for actually asking a question OP btw!)
not happening, I was speaking how MOST ppl interpret this verse. They do so in regards of nations, cultures, etc. There will be an attempted mingle (sex) but it will not happen b/c later in the verse it says they will not cleave one to another.

Cleave is the word debeq in Aramaic. (Which is what Dan 2-7 is written in I believe) It means to adhere to, join together. It mostly deals with the union between a man & a woman although, obviously, depending on context, that word can mean different things. The word mingle is arab, surprisingly enough, to mix (Strong's 6150) and if you do a strong's study, they'll continue with a follow-up word which implies barter, associate, trade, etc.

I am not going to lie to you and say I have studied ancient Aramaic to the point where I can denounce a transliteration of the Aramaic tense. I CAN however, say with confidence that these two translations by these scholars MAKE NO SENSE when you look at the text plainly. Most scholars use these translations for the theory of a nation of Muslims, (or the EU) as the ability of not getting along together. (The cleaving) I have serious biblical problems with both of these interpretations however, based solely on the fact I take scripture as a WHOLE, I don't cherry pick to fit a philosophy.

If the PS. 83 war happens, then those Muslim countries will be defeated. If the Gog/Magog war happens, that kills 5/6th of that army from a judgment from God, so how the heck can this be a "Muslim" union mentioned by these commentators? It aint the EU, b/c they can barely stay together NOW with the economic situation they're in. (IN fact, I think they kicked out Greece, what, two weeks or so ago?)

So there's your answer, albeit a long-winded one. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The bible was the first form of propaganda. brainwashing you into thinking a man in the sky is watching you at all times and you will suffer eternal damnation if you cross him.

and panspermia theory is more plausible than the bearded man in the sky theory
edit on 19-8-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

The bible was the first form of propaganda. brainwashing you into thinking a man in the sky is watching you at all times and you will suffer eternal damnation if you cross him.

and panspermia theory is more plausible than the bearded man in the sky theory
edit on 19-8-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

You sure you wanna go there? You clearly haven't read my responses to ppl just like you on this thread for this very same reason.

I suggest you study some Sun Tzu before you take this to the next level.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Panspermia has been given more consideration cos that's currently, where the facts are seemingly leading us. Many astronomers now believe that, probably, 100% of the Earth's water was sourced from comets.

I read somewhere, fairly recently, that science discovered a section of the universe that had this "vast ocean of water" in it. They said it was like the equivalent of 137 trillion oceans, or miles one of the two I forget.

I think it's amazing they just discovered this thing after all this time. What else haven't they discovered?

It boggles the mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I do remember some astronomer pointing out how one particular "cloud" in space has been found to be almost pure alcohol. Here you go..... www.fermentarium.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

... give various sources outside the bible that prove that this idea is intentional.

You 'PROVE' nothing, other than that you are making speculation thinly supported by highly interpretive text taken from a mythology derived and developed from desert nomads.

How about using OLDER historical precedence from Hinduism which traces its roots back 8000+ years and is still in popular practice?

Maybe SOMETHING OLDER that might stem back to a day closer to when/if panspermia occurred?

... or is the mythology of some desert nomads popular in contemporary culture just more convenient?

He doesn't want to use older stuff because he wants to promote Chrisitanity. Funny thing, all this Jesus was really an Alien actually does the opposite of strengthen the bible, but actually make it looks like a pack of more lies than it already is.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The US intentions in Australia, and their game with Alien invasion has in reality nothing to do with Aliens.

The US, has been fighting and invading inferior forces for a long time. With this game of theirs, where they are the inferior force, they can plan ahead and understand what options, there are available to people with less technology.

And on the other side of the coin, the US is also preparing for a possible clash with future China. A China, which vastly outnumbers the western societies, and in the near future, may have more technology to muster than even the US. The US, with a mostly already purchased army, may at that time, be lesser technological to a future Chinese army, that is currently being built for future use.

Aliens here, are not involved ...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Did life here originate out there?

Why are we determined on differentiating between 'here' and there'?

When the true answer lies in the fact that only within a consistent symbiotic relationship between the two created what we know.

If we are borne of a comet, manifested from a billion year old cell, created as an experiment in some alien laboratory, what difference does it truly make but to keep sidetracking the real point that is, we are here.

I'm not directing this towards you personally but using your words to push my point.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Its not the first time i'm seeing this approach to "new" information from christians.
There was a lot of fuss about evolution being taught in schools. Christians were against this kind of information being introduced to their kids. They dismissed evolution because its not what happened according to bible.

Sort of like you're against panspermia. You're quite clear about the fact that you don't like the idea of panspermia being introduced to public. In my opinion its wrong to use bible as part of an argument.
Its almost like reading an article about "white" which was written by "black" and vice versa, if you get my point.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

No actually Panspermia and exogenesis are dissimilar ideas, and yes I can b/c they are often used together whether their meaning is different or not.

The point is that a discussion about Panspermia (hardy and primitive microbes seeded from space which evolved to all of us) would not be the same discussion as one involving UFO's and possible intelligent life visiting us and impregnating innocent women. Why?

Because the Earth having been seeded with hardy primitive life which later evolved to all of us, is a fundamentally other discussion to lurid aliens inseminating a human woman with alien-spermia.

As a matter of fact, UFO's would be the PRIMARY method of exogenesis, since this is the alien conspiracy forum.

According to Panspermia they would also have evolved from the first primitive life forms that we evolved from. So, Panspermia says that we are space brothers and sisters. In that theory, aliens are not 'God' anymore than Christoffer Columbus was a God to native Americans. Humans created God.

As for my "bible propaganda", deal with it. These bible tirades grow tiresome, try to stay on topic.

What about you deal with it, huh? You've heard it before, it's clear from your post, why don't you respect that people get annoyed when beliefs are championed to support a rational discussion?

Great addition to the discussion, thanks alot.

I'm afraid that your religiously infused and motivated approach to the topic isn't helping in understanding the phenomenon.

Btw, the best documentary I've seen about Panspermia is this:
video.google.com...

I think it turned out in the end the Red Rain wasn't the real deal though. Meaning, not alien. Rather it's fungial spores, I think the conclusion was.

I find the Panspermia-theory quite reasonable considering we had bacteria survive 30 years on Apollo equipment on the moon.

edit on 20-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why do I see Panspermia refered to as 'Space brothers and sisters'??...

Panspermia is the spreading of life including microbial through space, through comets and other bodies that traveled and spread life. Comets were found to have organic substances which in later form could produce life, they can sustain life and transport life. It's about transportation of life through the universe om microbial level or such which is very possible and that's what Panspermia is about. Has nothing to do with aliens creating others...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join