It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet and Relationships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks for sharing your opinions. I think a great deal of good advice has been contributed thus far. Your right on the money with your post, in my opinion and so are a lot of the others . Thanks again..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I actually had a two online relationships with two different guys over in England (at different times of course! lol). They started off pretty good but the first one ended up being a completely different person who he said he was. I found out that he was not the guy in the pictures but rather someone else (not good looking at all!). The second was actually who he said he was and continues to this day be someone I hold close to my heart even though I never met him. Logistically, we can never be together and thats the part that really sucks because I know that if I was closer, we would definitely have had something special. However, he knows I wish him the best and he wishes me the best in my current relationship (in which im very happily in love & he's closer).

So yeah,, my advice would be to just find someone closer that way everything progresses as a normal relationship should.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I actually had a two online relationships with two different guys over in England (at different times of course! lol). They started off pretty good but the first one ended up being a completely different person who he said he was. I found out that he was not the guy in the pictures but rather someone else (not good looking at all!). The second was actually who he said he was and continues to this day be someone I hold close to my heart even though I never met him. Logistically, we can never be together and thats the part that really sucks because I know that if I was closer, we would definitely have had something special. However, he knows I wish him the best and he wishes me the best in my current relationship (in which im very happily in love & he's closer).

So yeah,, my advice would be to just find someone closer that way everything progresses as a normal relationship should.

I'm happy to hear you have had successful relationships on the net, and its unfortunate that some feel they need to be dishonest about how they really look.

Maybe its because some won't give a person the time of day once they know what they look like, and are too wrapped up on physical appearances.

Still doesn't make it ok to be dishonest .

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i met my wife to be on internet playing an online game we both enjoy.
nether of us was looking for a relationship but found we had a lot in conman and enjoyed each others chat bot both were weary and made sure we told truth about all we talked about we pretty much knew what each would look like and when we decided to talk on phone was very nerve racking to hear that voice for first time but between chat on game and phone we knew each other for months before we decided to meet now we been together for over 4 months and will be married next June so it does work but its like any relationship has to be built on honesty and trust.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

An alternate take on this is to consider how helpful talking to people online can be for socially shy people. A man and a woman can both be socially shy in their own ways, they can communicate a little in real life, but they can really get to a deeper and more meaningful level online.'

This might seem weird to most people, but there are plenty of socially awkward people for whom this makes sense. One reason why people are shy is that face to face contact. They may be able to make small talk in person, but to say the things they really want to say to the other ......they're just too shy to say it all in person. Or they just don't know how. The internet helps break down that wall and makes communication easier.

Some people do this to help "break the ice" so when the time comes that they can talk more openly to the person they like in "real life", they don't feel so nervous anymore because they feel they know them pretty well. And they do because the online chatting was backed up by the real life clarification of body language, eye contact, etc.....

When it's used right, the internet can help you do really amazing things.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I am compelled to share this....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom

I am compelled to share this....

??? woot??

My boyfriend is trying to date others??

I'm really pissed now..

His brains are gonna be pea soup real quick.
edit on 3-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

Smiling. What a great find. Thanks for the video and your input

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I totally agree that it's a great way to break the ice for people who are shy, as well as people who simply don't have much time, or are new in an area so don't have many friends, etc.

One of the problems with online dating is that people don't just use it as a way to start off, but they then continue relationships online rather than make the transition to meeting up and going from there. With chat programs and things like Skype, it must be relatively easy to fool yourself into thinking you're in a committed relationship without having even met someone. Not that it's impossible to make this work, but on the whole you surely can't get a full sense of what someone is like without seeing how they act normally, knowing their smell, and other things like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join