It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army Has Issued Anti-Suicide Nasal Spray To Keep Troops From Taking The

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That's so horrible, it said the testing was ended in 69,

apparently it hasn't, they just have wormed their way around the rules,

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This immediately popped into my head but it is probably no relation to this nasal mist .

Ok link isn't working. Just search Jesse Ventura nasal vaccine conspiracy. I'm on a cell phone so I cant get proper links for you.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Unconditionaltruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

What better way to have better soldiers than to have them addicted to a substance that only you can provide to them. They will do anything to get the next fix. So much for conscientious objection..

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why fix the problem when you can fatten the wallets of pharmaceutical companies further.

edit on 19-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If we had the ability to give unlimited stars, my index finger would be worn down to a bloody stump right now.

This is exactly the same thing doctors do. "Here, just shut up and take this. Stop bothering me."

So instead of getting them real psychological help, they just give them something to snort that will temporarily make them feel better. Also, wouldn't this have the potential to become addictive after extended use?

I think anything that effects you psychologically can become addictive.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Did the rates jump up in July for some reason? Were these soldiers not suicidal before July? What happened in July that has caused an increase if so???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Duamutef9

yeah this kinda reminds me of the jem'hadar from star trek ds9 and the "white" they were addicted to and their motto of loyalty brings life etc so it could be that they are trying to eventualy breed or create chemically dependent solders wouldnt put it past them

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Rather than suicide, I wish these men would tell what is really going on over there.
I would love some books from some soldiers, like in Vietnam,
the press corp was right there in the trenches.
getting their stories
The military now has press agents that I am sure , like the media in general ,
only tell what they want us to hear.
I truely think that these young American men are doing things that they cannot justify,
even in their own minds!
They know they cannot come back with these things on their conscience, and then they choose suicide.
Write my young heroes, write it all down, and bring the truth home with you!!

THIS!!!!

I'm not minimizing the efforts of these good Americans at all, but there are far fewer casualties from this conflict than Iraq and yet this place seems to have demons that are coming home with our troops that didn't occur to this degree with Iraq. What the heck is going on there? What's not being reported?

The idea that they have a ready made nasal spray is suspect. Combine that with the arrests that are happening and it gets darker and deeper.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm thinking, along with a giant enema, everyone in Washington should have this stuff blown up their nose. Maybe they too will come back to reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As someone living with this everyday, here are a few random thoughts:

1. The bean counters at the Pentagon are starting to bring down the forces again. It happens. Even though some service members may like their job. You did a great job, your a great American, now hit the road.

2. The economy sucks. One of the highest unemployment rates in the US is veterans.

3. Service members who are injured (mentally or physically) are treated differently at military medical facilities. The goal there is to get them back up and in the fight. Not so much for super long term wellness.

4. The OPTEMPO the last few years has been insane. Those service members in need more readily fall through the cracks. To be fair, the military medical community and the military community as a whole are currently being bludgeoned with suicide awareness classes and the like. I do not see it keeping up with the suicides though.

5. I may get flamed for this but there is a serious lack of adult supervision outside the wire. Too many ranking folks hide away in relative safety while the younger folks have to deal with the insanity out in the villages/streets/farms/etc. Too often there are too few mature, seasoned individual present to help make sense of what is going on. In turn, young service members are left with a head full of unresolved issues.

6. Less than 1% of the US population has ever served in the military. When these service members go home, who is there to relate to them? Nobody. That sense of isolation makes it worse.

7. The other 99% of Americans is a mixed bag. Some want to help but do not know how. Some want to ignore the whole thing. Others yet want to deride those who served as mindless pawns furthering and evil agenda.

The worst part is sometimes there seems to be nothing wrong with some of these kids. They are positive, level headed, and they seem well insulated from the petty. Then the next day they are gone. This happened to me. I still have no clue why it happened but it sucks living with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
I'm thinking, along with a giant enema, everyone in Washington should have this stuff blown up their nose. Maybe they too will come back to reality.

amen

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

hey big guy, didn't hitler drug his soldiers before sending them to their doom O_o??????

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I want them to LIVE and BE HAPPY without taking drugs.

Maybe drugs is EXACTLY what they need.

I've been working on an interesting theory that just struck me the other day when I was reading about these suicide rates.

I'll edit this post shortly and explain more fully...

So, this is my theory:

A THEORY on the dramatic increase of suicide rates in the Military.

It's also interesting to me that the same Indiana University that received funding for this nasal spray research, also seems rather relevant in the toxoplasmosis research world.

Toxoplasma Research Offers Potential for a Range of Benefits

And:

Indiana U scientists uncover potential key to better drugs to fight toxoplasmosis parasite

With Tin Foil Hat squarely in place, I say, "What a koincky-dink that is!!!"

edit on 19-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
Jeesus, dont you people think our boys get enough drugs already?
they been pumping soldiers up with speed for many decades......
The use of enhancement drugs is not new or unacceptable to the brass hats.....
ths is just another effin band aid to "keep em marching".....
You and I both know nobody is gonna giva a # about them when they get home...
the VA? i dont think so....look how well theyve done so far.....just ask a few wounded vets....
On another note, im wonderng of this is the same drug they want to give the Islamcs so they dont suicide bomb people???

link   
So the headline of this dubious article states that the spray has already been issued to troops.......

And the article finishes with this paragraph.................

Researchers plan to run a full battery of trials over the next few years, and hopefully put the spray not only in the hands of soldiers, but civilians as well.

You will note : over the next few years

An article that contradicts its own title in the final paragraph is clearly not too reliable

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

OMG

I don't know about this. I don't like it. I mean, I know it'd intended for a good purpose, but something inside just doesn't , I don't know. It's weird. I hope it helps the soldiers, I just hope there are no ill side effects.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So they are trying to make the troops drug addicts?

They should just smoke the non-addicting herbal substances.

edit on 19-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davolobos
Most of these suicides are related to tours of duty in Afghanistan. They aren't allowed to carry enough ammo to shoot the bastards dead. Too many rules in place to "protect" the "civilians" who are helping the taliban. They have to sleep with someone on watch as a Guardian Angel to make sure no Afghans get in there and shoot them up. And the same Afghans they are training are only waiting for an opportunity to pop a shot into one of them.

Afghanistan is a backwards ass country that does not wish to be modernized. They want to continue to live like its back in the 7th century. Its time to leave that damn place but before we do we need to implement the air assault with foliage spray to permanently wipe out those damn poppy flowers that the Afghans use to produce highly concentrate Opium.

Are you saying they aren't allowed enough ammo to shoot the innocent civilians - a small percentage of whom are Taliban sympathizers dead? Well Hitler must be spinning in his grave! And here I thought our goal was supposed to be genocide! How DARE they wish to live their lives like it was the 7th century! You're right, we should annihilate all of those innocent men, women and children while destroying their evil devil poppies - and the babies...ooo how I wish we would just fire-bomb those Afghan babies!! I'm totally with you on this one Davolobos!

/sarcasm off/ no, I'm not with you. What kind of sick # would think that way, I mean other than a more twisted, deranged, weak-minded version of Hitler himself? It creeps me out that there are people in the world who think this way. Disgusting waste of resources.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What would the Physioligist Pavlov say, with his research in behaviorism and conditioned reflex? This, in reference to soldiers who go to the horrors of war and have bad reactions to it, instead get "rewarded" by euphoric nasal mind enhancers?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chauserable

So the headline of this dubious article states that the spray has already been issued to troops.......

And the article finishes with this paragraph.................

Researchers plan to run a full battery of trials over the next few years, and hopefully put the spray not only in the hands of soldiers, but civilians as well.

You will note : over the next few years

An article that contradicts its own title in the final paragraph is clearly not too reliable

I didn't see a contradiction there really, unless it said, "and hopefully one day soldiers will benefit from the spray." it sounds to me like: give it to military personnel, then run tests, then one day it will be used on civilians as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join