It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have they found something?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by youwillneverknow

You got the wheels to turning. I suddenly remembered reading about people on our planet that see things outside of our standard visual spectrum.

What if there are things right in front of our eyes, that we just can't see because they fall outside of our normal visual spectrum?

I guess anything is possible. We just don't know enough to know what we don't know.

Completely in a nutshell.

How do we find something when we dont know what we are looking for?
edit on 19-8-2012 by youwillneverknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
3 clicks of the mouse, one for your link in the OP, the next one for your pic with the hidden section, and the next one to enlarge the pic to full size with nothing missing in the picture. 1024x1024

OP, did you try clicking on your own pic, or am I not understanding what your talking about ?

Is that snow on the top of the mountain all the way to the left ?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

3 clicks of the mouse, one for your link in the OP, the next one for your pic with the hidden section, and the next one to enlarge the pic to full size with nothing missing in the picture. 1024x1024

OP, did you try clicking on your own pic, or am I not understanding what your talking about ?

Is that snow on the top of the mountain all the way to the left ?

The image has 2/3 of the picture blacked out?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwillneverknow

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

A good few days of high resolution and some colour photos of Mars from curiosity. Then nothing for a while - then only low resolution black and white photos are sent back and from the looks of things either missing data or somebody has cropped the images?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

They told us even before it landed that it would be going through a couple of weeks of testing, so this is expected.

Even those first high-res images we saw on sol 3 were simply tests of the high-res camera. For the past few days, they have been testing the other instruments (there are 10 other scientific instruments that are NOT cameras). For example, they will soon be testing the rock-zapping high-powered laser -- powerful enough to vaporize a portion of the rock.

Besides, the rover hasn't even moved yet (they still have not completed the testing of the wheels), so any additional pictures will just be of things we have already seen. Even those black areas where you pointed out missing data could be seen in the images that have already been released.

edit on 8/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Good points made there, whats your theory on why there is missing parts of the photos?

Missing data/data not yet received? The data transmission rate between the Rover and earth is just a little better than an old dial-up modem, so some images are not complete.

The sol 3 panorama high-res panorama image (this one:mars.jpl.nasa.gov...) is not one single image, but a mosaic of 138 small images (all can be found here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...). The missing parts of the mosaic are among the 138 smaller images, but they had not yet received those images at the time they put together the mosaic.

Since then, more of the 138 images have arrived, and the mosaic is becoming more complete:
gigapan.com...

If you want a full mosaic, all of the lower-re images from sol 2 have been put together into a complete 360-degree panorama. This is everything the rover can see from where it is sitting:
Mars Panorama - Curiosity rover: Martian solar day 2

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A good few days of high resolution and some colour photos of Mars from curiosity. Then nothing for a while - then only low resolution black and white photos are sent back and from the looks of things either missing data or somebody has cropped the images?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

They told us even before it landed that it would be going through a couple of weeks of testing, so this is expected.

Even those first high-res images we saw on sol 3 were simply tests of the high-res camera. For the past few days, they have been testing the other instruments (there are 10 other scientific instruments that are NOT cameras). For example, they will soon be testing the rock-zapping high-powered laser -- powerful enough to vaporize a portion of the rock.

Besides, the rover hasn't even moved yet (they still have not completed the testing of the wheels), so any additional pictures will just be of things we have already seen. Even those black areas where you pointed out missing data could be seen in the images that have already been released.

Good points made there, whats your theory on why there is missing parts of the photos?

Missing data/data not yet received? The data transmission rate between the Rover and earth is just a little better than an old dial-up modem, so some images are not complete.

The sol 3 panorama high-res panorama image (this one:mars.jpl.nasa.gov...) is not one single image, but a mosaic of 138 small images (all can be found here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...). The missing parts of the mosaic are among the 138 smaller images, but they had not yet received those images at the time they put together the mosaic.

Since then, more of the 138 images have arrived, and the mosaic is becoming more complete:
gigapan.com...

If you want a full mosaic, all of the lower-re images from sol 2 have been put together into a complete 360-degree panorama. This is everything the rover can see from where it is sitting:
Mars Panorama - Curiosity rover: Martian solar day 2

Hadn't seen that before -thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
here's sol 3 pictures:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

well....it's not really the winds that are the problem, because of mars low atmospheric pressure, gale force winds wouldn't even push you over. it's the fine dust in those winds that's the problem, strip the flesh off a cow lickety split lol. but yeah, i agree with everything else you're saying, good post

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
To the OP: Curiosity isn't there to constantly appease the public with full-colour vistas. It's there to do science. For the past few days, the rover had new software uploaded to it, then there was the calibration of the instruments, and now the news is that they successfully fired a laser at a rock as a test. Curisoty and its team are busy, don't worry.

The constant claims that "they found something", referring to alien presence, are baseless and annoying.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is what's really going on:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't see what the hoopla is about. Both links show the same black & white shot of a dusty looking hill/mountain side and a wide swath of sky plus a pretty dot of light--which is Venus, I presume.

How the fudge do you find a conspiracy in that??

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

Would you agree with my assumption that there is something there that they have discovered (something "alien" to earth) and that is the reason for this mission?

Bad wording as everything is alien to Earth but you get the meaning?
edit on 19-8-2012 by youwillneverknow because: (no reason given)

Yes I do believe they found alien objects, ruins, plant and animal life on Mars. I believe there is or was intelligent life underground on Mars. I believe they know there is rivers and lakes with water now on Mars. They have to be careful what they show us since clearly they do not want us to know the real Mars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join