It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien on mars? curiosity photo from gigapan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Oh look I thought I saw something, might pop down to skegness beach and see if i can see something alien!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
I will repeat, they would not send mission on Mars, that expensive, in the time of recession, if there isn't something they found interesting, it doesn't make sense at all.

The goals of their mission are quite clearly stated, and preparation for the mission started a long time before any recession. But besides that, as far as them actually finding remnants of or actual examples of living things on Mars goes, it's quite possible that won't happen. They may fail miserably in that regard, and find nothing but some old organic chemical traces (not of anything living or that used to be alive), and some stratified silt layers showing there used to be seasonal water there a long time ago. But nothing alive, or that ever was alive.

It is worth billions to get a negative result? To science, it's all worth something. It's all additional knowledge. How much it's worth is debatable.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Man, did anyone happen to see that one rock?

It's the rocky one.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I hate to burst your bubble but NASA would and did definitely send a mission to Mars when we were in a severe Depression. It's the logic behind that that bothers me. What better time to blow our governments money than when we need it. Maybe they'll consider it part of the stimulus package in our history books to justify it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yea fellas huh I was just having fun with it. I really didn't believe it's an actual alien. Lol... It looked pretty cool though. And yea damn what's with all the insults. Party poopers.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What an embarrassment this thread is, Stuff like this should be
removed straight away... omg...annoyed..

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Never smoked any Mary Jane but if they ever legalize it I want to see a UFO or an Alien so I can post On ATF

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Looks like the Arkansas Razorbacks Monument ,Cough,Cough,Aww deep inhale hold it...awwww

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yea fellas huh I was just having fun with it. I really didn't believe it's an actual alien. Lol... It looked pretty cool though. And yea damn what's with all the insults. Party poopers.

you think thats gonna float?
you didnt really believe it was an alien? why post it, did you want to look stupid?
it looked pretty cool? how does a rock look pretty cool?
insults? what did you expect?

next time atleast draw a goofy pic over the image with MSpaint.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Hang on........
Isnt that a fossilised t-rex turd?
Well, at least we know where all the dinosaurs went now

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321

you think thats gonna float?
you didnt really believe it was an alien? why post it, did you want to look stupid?
it looked pretty cool? how does a rock look pretty cool?
insults? what did you expect?

next time atleast draw a goofy pic over the image with MSpaint.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)
dude your a jackass. I don't care what flys with you or anyone else. And to be honest I could care less of what you think of this post. If you don't like it so much what are you even doing on this site? Do you even know the definition of conspiracy? Sorry Tryed to have fun.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

I would deduct Curiosity is programmed to detect movement and to observe, also to take pictures of what is detected. So pan your pic all the way to the left and look really hard at the little Martian in the center of the pic! Hint: don't look for a fossil, look for a living specimen!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Out of almost all pictures of martian landscape, this picture intrigues me the most. I found else where once.

Closer view.

What do you suppose it is?
edit on 19-8-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

Wow that is very interesting. Looks to me like a helmet of some sort,If its a rock its an odd shaped rock or the camera is playing tricks.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I see people do this all the time...Although this isn't AS bad. They will zoom in so far into an image, and then claim to see buildings and structures from the pixelation. This isn't from pixelation, but do you realize how small that area is? The alien would have to be like 2 inches tall or something, give or take a foot or two, lol. To answer your question, no there are no aliens on Mars...If there are, they're probably itty bitty little organisms...That don't wear space suits.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

That's what i thought too, camera playing tricks but then saw this second image of a similar oddity taken on a another mission.

Picture taken by Opportunity rover.

The original raw nasa file for the above pictures on prior post is here ;
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Maybe we are seeing fossilized creaters we don't understand yet & not the expected camels in martian desert

edit on 19-8-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

How in the world does a cow, turtle, frog and hedgehog get on MARS????

It either proves these are Earth pictures, or everyone here on ATS has smoked up on way too much weed. Take your pick

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Man, did anyone happen to see that one rock?

It's the rocky one.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

As if you couldn't be any more specific by saying it is the "rocky" one?!?

A circle drawn around the rock would be much preferred over your description, just sayin

LOL

edit on 19-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i also saw dinosoars, dutchmasters and arnold schwarzenegger, or maybe that party on mars still got me seeing funnies

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think I saw the Locness monster!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join