It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange speaking live NOW {VIDEO}

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ok, great thread.

some interesting observations.

news agencies and politicians calling for an execution of an individual before any trial has taken place?

wow.

This is insanity. How does anyone buy into this? And dont give me this rhetoric about how him releasing the cables put americans at risk. the americans put americans at risk EVERY SINGLE DAY BY THE MERE ACT OF SENDING THEM TO WAR! And you call for the head of a human being that merely released some embarassing information?

When in history has so much resources and news agencies pitted themselves against a rapist. and even if he is a rapist, it wasn't like he roughed her up and did some horrendous deed, the charges are ridiculous. It would seem more money and resources have been put into investigating this than the banksters that destroyed the economy.

The utter and astounding hypocrisy of this entire circus is nothing but a distraction in my opinion. To what end, I am not sure yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So folks... is there is YouTube video or some other recording of his speech? Would really like to hear what he said. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So let me get this straight about the hero worship of Assange:

Break the law and then turns around and tries to use the law to serve his purpose.

Then some people will say that other people are violating the law that Assange himself violated the law.

So its ok for Assange to break the law, not the US, not the UK or Sweden.

That the gist of the thread?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Perhaps he did break the law... perhaps he had sex with that girl and didn't tell her he wasn't wearing a condom. How exactly do you justify the extreme actions and threats directed towards Assange based on such a petty crime? Why is he being targeted so hard for such a small crime? A crime which has no solid proof may I add. Obviously he is being targeted for other reasons. That is the issue here.

And dw guys, I found the speech on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

For one I do not take rape alledge or otherwise as a "petty crime".

2. I do not take actions such as what Assange did being a foreigner and posting classified information that is nothing but treason and an act of war for personal gain as a "petty crime",

There are mechanism's in place for people that have "beefs" with government's around the world and the excuse "they were breaking the law gives carte blanche for others to break the law.

Doesn't fly for me.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thanks guys for posting it for us who missed it. LOVEEEEEEEEEEE. I'm going to watch this in 10 minutes. I'm assuming it's going to be VERY interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For one I do not take rape alledge or otherwise as a "petty crime".
You are confusing "rape" with not using a condom and not informing the girl. Rape is a very emotionally charged word and it distorts the facts of the situation.

I do not take actions such as what Assange did being a foreigner and posting classified information that is nothing but treason and an act of war for personal gain as a "petty crime",
His charges have nothing to do with the information Wikileaks has released. The people who released that information and handed it to Wikileaks have been charged (although obviously they shouldn't have been). I find it quite humorous that we live in a world where the people who expose high level crime are treated as criminals themselves. Must... refrain... from... typing... personal... attack.

edit on 19/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
He said Argentina twice lol

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
So folks... is there is YouTube video or some other recording of his speech? Would really like to hear what he said. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Thanks for the effort but I already found it. Here's a version with better audio quality and some extra stuff:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"they" won't kill him, they'd rather make an example of him to put the fear into anyone else who would dare lift a curtain. That won't stop them from using the MSM to try and encourage someone else to take things into their own hands, however.

Worst case we all might finally get to see what's in the insurance file. I hope it's worth it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

2. I do not take actions such as what Assange did being a foreigner and posting classified information that is nothing but treason and an act of war for personal gain as a "petty crime",

Doesn't fly for me.

Act of war? haha It would be more appropriate to call it a retalliation. Why is everything an act of war with you types? One man has your entire pathetic war machine in tatters.

If you don't want your classified information published, protect it better.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Please keep something in mind with this insurance file.. Please...everyone..

If Assange DOES have reason to release the key at some point in this, what is in there is almost certainly at the same Seceret/NoForn level of the highest cables anyone saw.

I.E.... It'll be breaking law for those who HAVE it...to OPEN it. Of course, like I said in another message on this thread or one of the others recently, I used to have the file..but some kind of accident wiped it out.. Dunno what the hell happened to it.

Seriously though... Uncle has a good idea of whats in it simply by knowing by now what Assange had access to and didn't release. They've had 2 long years to figure out how to mitigate whatever is in there, getting out.

Here is the bottom line. It wouldn't take much at all to put a little piece of NSA or CIA sponsored magic out into the ether to stick itself into a far far back corner of everyone's computer..eventually. All it would have to do is scan for that file and then a change in it's status to "know" you opened it, then we'd all get to find out what, if anything has been seeded to counter the file.

What I am suggesting personally..and what I would have done if I hasn't lost mine........ ahem.. Is use an old computer that doesn't mean anything and *IS NOT* network connected in any way, shape or form..and cannot BECOME network connected..like a Wi-fi card you just didn't choose to connect. Disable it...entirely. I have no clue if Uncle threw something out to screw with this file being opened, but having your own system drop a note back wouldn't shock me if it such a thing didn't do more. It just occurred to me though, this could become a factor without any notice. Hmm...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sorry if I am a bit behind with all this.

Did Assange voluntarily give himself up to the police after his speech?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
ok, great thread.

some interesting observations.

news agencies and politicians calling for an execution of an individual before any trial has taken place?

wow.

This is insanity. How does anyone buy into this? And dont give me this rhetoric about how him releasing the cables put americans at risk. the americans put americans at risk EVERY SINGLE DAY BY THE MERE ACT OF SENDING THEM TO WAR! And you call for the head of a human being that merely released some embarassing information?

When in history has so much resources and news agencies pitted themselves against a rapist. and even if he is a rapist, it wasn't like he roughed her up and did some horrendous deed, the charges are ridiculous. It would seem more money and resources have been put into investigating this than the banksters that destroyed the economy.

The utter and astounding hypocrisy of this entire circus is nothing but a distraction in my opinion. To what end, I am not sure yet.

Couldn't agree more! Great comment!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by NorthernThird

Winding up the S. Americans is probably not a good idea, when we have the Falklands lying off the coast.I'm sure we could still take on Argentina, but maybe not a S American alliance. we don't want to lose anymore friends in the region.

Also has the potential for other blow back if we start going into other countries embassies.

The US would have a great deal of trouble taking on a South American Alliance and they are only a short distanceand have good supply routs etc..

The UK would be totally PWND, if they had to fight another Falklands against a major SA Alliance.

UK needs to be very cearful. It only takes one small spark to start a unstoppable wildfire..
edit on 8/20/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I was watching that abc special and the women just went to the cops to see if they could make him take an hiv test IF he refused, which he didn't. They did not WANT him charged with anything, that was something the police went and did on their own, and it said, in fact, they cried when he was.

And he DID go to the police, and they cleared him, and didn't press any charges. Then he went to London and then they decided they wanted him back to question him again. They still didn't press charges.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
JA should be racked, linched and quartered in the proper old english method, for his gross vial insubordination to the military industrial complex. HOW DARE HE REVEAL TO THE MASSES WHATS' REALLY GOING ON!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
here it is...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Originally posted by neo96

Doesn't fly for me.

Act of war? haha It would be more appropriate to call it a retalliation. Why is everything an act of war with you types? One man has your entire pathetic war machine in tatters.

If you don't want your classified information published, protect it better.

It was protected and the encryption was DoD approved but...

Login : Admin
PassWord : Password

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join