It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange speaking live NOW {VIDEO}

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcathdra - are you willing to eat your shoes and post the pictures of it here on ATS, in Hi-definition, if what Assange has claimed will happen does?

What do you say to the proof, obtained by the media, of cables showing the US's interest in extradition as well as Australian politicians preparing contingency plans in this event?

www.sbs.com.au...

Australia has confirmed that its diplomatic post in Washington had been preparing for Julian Assange's possible extradition to the US but played it down as "contingency planning".

Trade Minister Craig Emerson said the Australian embassy in Washington had been "getting prepared for the possibility of an extradition"

The remarks follow media reports Saturday that Australian diplomats believe Washington is targeting Assange for possible prosecution on charges including espionage and conspiracy relating to his WikiLeaks whistleblowing site.

Citing diplomatic cables from Australian officials obtained under freedom of information laws, The Age newspaper said Canberra's post in Washington was taking seriously the possible extradition of the WikiLeaks founder to the US.

You going to keep claiming that this is just Assange "making up BS"?

edit on 19/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Manning is undergoing a trial.

He was arrested two years ago so it must be a very long trial?

link   
To those who say Bradley Manning is a soldier and is a traitor. What about the war crimes his govt committed? Isnt it his duty to speak out against these war crimes? Other wise he would end up in the dock at the Hague. Saying I was just following orders? Like all the nazis did in ww2. Im glad that Assange did expose these crimes. What people should be doing is holding these govt criminels to account, for their crimes against humanity.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Agreed. A soldiers job INCLUDES protecting his own people from corrupt leaders and government. Bradley Manning did his job perfectly and he should be given a medal - not be locked up for a period of time FAR LONGER than legally allowed.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS
Sorry, but I have trouble trusting Assange, it feels like a set-up, "Everything will be okay mates, just grab a pint and go downtown and cheer on Assange! He has been on the cover of all the UK&US zines, It feels like I'm being force-fed this assange.. My gut does not like it, sometings fishy

Yea same for manning, just a set-up!

It's just the media with enlarge things very big, and sure it's hard to belief what's true or not but I'm fairly sure this isn't a setup. This is a guy which removes the freedom of some governments - the power to do as they wish is threatened by wikileaks and this Assange guy which exposes the true face of some governments/powers which use the name freedom for wars for example but this kind of freedom is a threat for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Lets try this again since people are missing the point...

Assange, Sweden and the UK have NOTHING to do with the US.

People have been so fond of pointing out the US has not filed charges while arguing no charges no crime. My position on Assange has not change so no I wont be eating my shoes. I have called for him to be charged and held accountible for his actions and think he should be extradited to the US.

The sex charge has nothing to do with wikileaks.. Hell his own people have stated this. Ironic that part is ignored.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Manning is undergoing a trial.

He was arrested two years ago so it must be a very long trial?

Familiarize yourself with the UCMJ and military courts please.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Lets try this again since people are missing the point...

Assange, Sweden and the UK have NOTHING to do with the US.

People have been so fond of pointing out the US has not filed charges while arguing no charges no crime. My position on Assange has not change so no I wont be eating my shoes. I have called for him to be charged and held accountible for his actions and think he should be extradited to the US.

The sex charge has nothing to do with wikileaks.. Hell his own people have stated this. Ironic that part is ignored.

Funny, you seem to be assuming Assange is guilty of these "sex crimes".

Thanks for admitting that you want him extradited to the US by the way. How disgusting - you want an Australian to front an American court, yet if it were the opposite way around you would be crying foul. Assange did nothing wrong in creating Wikileaks and releasing what he did. The fact you want to see him charged is a horrid display of American patriotism and propaganda overshadowing and influencing your mind.

Anything you say now, to me at least, is garbage and will be taken as such.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
To those who say Bradley Manning is a soldier and is a traitor. What about the war crimes his govt committed? Isnt it his duty to speak out against these war crimes?

Sure if in fact a crime / war crime occured. The problem with that is the defintion of a war crime and a persons own moral / ethical opinion are not one in the same. Since people refuse to use the law and instead substitute it with their opinion, what you consider a war crime may very well not be one.

Secondly I had no issues when he released the helicopter footage. It was a valid attempt to bring light to that situation, regardless of the fact it was ruled justified.

Please explain to me how releasing diplomatic cables discussing the habit of a foreign leader is a war crime / crime?
Please explain to me why documents that showed absolutely no illegal activity were released. If the intent was to expose criminal / war crime activity then there is no need to release the documents.

The moment that occured it was no longer covered under whistle blower statutes.

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Other wise he would end up in the dock at the Hague. Saying I was just following orders? Like all the nazis did in ww2. Im glad that Assange did expose these crimes. What people should be doing is holding these govt criminels to account, for their crimes against humanity.

While ignoring those who violated the law by releasing info that shows no criminal activity?

So its ok to violate the law in order to expose documents that show no law violations?

By all means invesitgate the war crimes portion. Then hold manning and assange for violating the law for releasing classified info.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

By all means invesitgate the war crimes portion. Then hold manning and assange for violating the law for releasing classified info.

How about America leaves my countrymen the hell alone. If the situation were reversed there would be blood in the streets from Americans crying foul.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Funny, you seem to be assuming Assange is guilty of these "sex crimes".

Where did I say he was guilty?

Thanks for admitting that you want him extradited to the US by the way.

He violated US law and should be held accountible for that. Had the situation been reversed and the Us is refusing to extradite someone you would be throwing a tmper tantrum about it. So dont play the moral superiority game.

How disgusting - you want an Australian to front an American court, yet if it were the opposite way around you would be crying foul. Assange did nothing wrong in creating Wikileaks and releasing what he did. The fact you want to see him charged is a horrid display of American patriotism and propaganda overshadowing and influencing your mind.

Get over yourself and quit trying to make this into something its not. Your anti maerican attitude is blinding you to the fact he broke US laws. It doesnt matter if you agree with them or not. The same holds for Sweden - it doesnt matter what you think about their laws, they are their laws and are being enforced by Sweden.

The only thing disgusting about all of this is Assanges belief he is important and should have immunity for whatever he does.

Once again you cant refute the facts so you attack the person.. typical.

Anything you say now, to me at least, is garbage and will be taken as such.

So when its info you dont agree with you just ignore it? As I have stated time and time again in other threads on this topic. You are so blinded by your loyalty to assange your incapable of being objective about his actions.

Your so intent on holding people accountible, other than assange and manning, that you are incapable of realizing your doing the very thing you find disgusting.

Ironic

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

How about America leaves my countrymen the hell alone. If the situation were reversed there would be blood in the streets from Americans crying foul.

Had he not violated US law we would be leaving him alone. But since he broke US law the US is within its right to investigate and prosecute if need be. Try to separate your blind hatred for the US and your blind loyalty for anything anti american and look at all the evidence present, including the laws you just ignore because you dont like them.

As for the second half of your comment I find it Ironic how you and other assange supporters have no issues making crap up / claiming something that has never occured and passing it off as fact.

So we need evidence of Assange wrongdoing to prosecute and yet you and the others are ok with just making accusations without supporting them.

typical yet not surprising.... A maneuver assange himself started...
edit on 19-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Had he not violated US law we would be leaving him alone.

Since when does US law apply to the international community?

But since he broke US law the US is within its right to investigate and prosecute if need be.

See above.

Try to separate your blind hatred for the US and your blind loyalty for anything anti american and look at all the evidence present, including the laws you just ignore because you dont like them.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have read all day. Nice try at painting me as an "Anti-American hater". Now I know you're desperate - most Americans on this forum only resort to that when they have been completely disproven. How pathetic.

As for the second half of your comment I find it Ironic how you and other assange supporters have no issues making crap up / claiming something that has never occured and passing it off as fact.

So we need evidence of Assange wrongdoing to prosecute and yet you and the others are ok with just making accusations without supporting them.

A bit like you assuming he is guilty of sex crimes huh?

typical yet not surprising.... A maneuver assange himself started...

Now who is the conspiracy theorist?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think this story with Wikileaks and J.A
is good..Its nice to see ppl fight for the
TRUTH..
BUT, what good does it do? What good is coming
from exposing big dark govmt secrets?
The ppl involved wont be prosecuted.
They stay in office as nothing´s happend.

The only good coming is that the ppl finding out
that the gvmts doing bad things, might make them
hesitate in voting on them again.

And its my strong belife that J.A is INOCENT to
the charges of rape. This "wich hunt" is to prevent
him from doing more "harm". Remember, CIA can
come to sweden and pick up Terrorists and plane
them to a country of their chosing, without questions..
Its happend before and will happen again...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Since when does US law apply to the international community?

It applied the moment Assange recieved classified information and released it to the public.

See above.

See above.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have read all day. Nice try at painting me as an "Anti-American hater". Now I know you're desperate - most Americans on this forum only resort to that when they have been completely disproven. How pathetic.

Thank you for proving my point. I have supported my position where as you have not. Quit dismissing and engage in the conversation wuld you please.

A bit like you assuming he is guilty of sex crimes huh?

I asked you to stop making things up. Please show me where I stated he was guilty of the charge. Oh, wait, you cant because I never said he was guilty.

again please stop making things up and then ignoring it when you get called out ina desparate attempt to shift the conversation away from your mistake.

Now who is the conspiracy theorist?

Im not the one claiming the US is gunning for him nor am I the one telling the british / swedish courts this was all set up by the US without offering anything to support the claim.

Hence the reason the Swedish as well as British courts denied his requests.

All of which has nothing to do with Assange, Sweden or the UK.

Assange is running the conspiracy card and his blind followers are going for it hook line and paranoid.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I love how he said he'd see his kids soon.

Haha, classic. Show no fear with a verbal slap in the face.

His holding onto the truth, with the violent reactions from FOX and guys on meet the press, only proves his point, and his cause of telling the truth.

If certain people worked with a different approach, they wouldn't have to fear people like Julian Assange.

edit on 19-8-2012 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Slave NO MORE

God I would give real money if Assange would just up instead of constantly spewing BS that is not supported by Facts.

I would say the same thing about few forum members that seem to shime in on all WL threads

The force of misinformation is strong on this one

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

So the US / government are automatically guilty without ever seeing the inside of a court room yet somehow assange is innocent and the cahrges are bogus without ever seeing the inside of a courtroom?

why the double standard?

The governments and assange are innoncent until proven guilty in a court of law. Im not sure why people are ok with demanding this concept tfor Assange while outright refusing / rejecting it for the charges against the US.

none of which has anything to do with Assange, Sweden or the UK.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

JA has been granted asylum. Sweden has been invited to interview him at the embassy which is the normal and accepted route as far as I know. Why has this not been perused?

The UK threatening to storm the Embassy of a foreign power is not the norm and is something the British government would condemn from any other nation.

The information JA and Wiki Leaks has released has never to my knowledge been challenged as untrue.

So the only reason for the threats, the actions outside the norm is to punish someone that told the truth and to get JA to the USA where he will not face a fair hearing. Treason? He is not an American citizen, how does that work?

This sites mantra is 'deny ignorance' yet people on this thread are complaining that someone has done just that.

Sex crimes are such an easy charge to make so please, wake up. The pursuit of JA would never happen if it was Joe Bloggs from Sussex charged with the same crime.

This is about the revenge of TPTB for the embarrassment Wiki Leaks has caused and JA is the public face. Why are the other members of WL not being pursued?

Even if you do not like the person we should be supporting the revelation of the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I would say the same thing about few forum members that seem to shime in on all WL threads

The force of misinformation is strong on this one

So is the blind ignorance of others in this thread. As for a strong force of misinformation I learned from the best My Master. I thought you would be proud that I was able to pick up on your tactics so quickly.. Apparently not.

Do you have anything to refute the argument or are you just relying on your typical veiled personal attack because you cant refue the info?

By all means, refute it.
Show how the Us is invovled with the UK and Sweden when it comes to the sex charge and his extradition. Please show me proof Assange can be charged with treason in the US.
Please show me proof Assange will be sent to gitmo.
Please show me proof Assange will face a military tribunal.
Please show meproof where Assange will be denied access to the legal system to mount a defense.

and finally please show me proof the US has issued charges and put together an extradition request and has submitted it.

I look forward to your dodging of the questions..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join