It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange speaking live NOW {VIDEO}

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty. If it is all BS, why should he waste his breath having to deflect things that are not there.

If he did, people would only think other negative things about him.

Some haters are just going to be haters.

EDIT

Are there any decent links to decent proof or anything damaging that we should all read?
edit on 19-8-2012 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What is the Nobel peace prize winner going to say? I guess he will just ignore it all and carry on with his masters plans. Hes is nothing but a puppet and anyone who thinks that he is for freedom. Must have their head up their own a$$. Well you only have to look at his record. Thats any record since hes been in office. All other records are hidden for some reason. Im glad that he talked about Bradley Manning. A hero and an inspiration to all freedom lovers the world over. He should be released, not locked away like a criminel. He was doing his duty to inform the world of his govts crimes.
edit on 19-8-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS
reply to post by Sinny

He should speak about the rape charges, why he is hiding? better yet, he should turn himself in, he cant hide in that room forever.

It is obvious that the sex charges are fabricated. The USA would do anything to get their hands on Assange, and it doesn't exclude using a country as a proxy to capture him.

Assange and co. offered Sweden to visit him in the Embassy, yet they refused.

Assange and co. offered Sweden to conduct interviews over telecommunication devices, yet they refused.

Why does Sweden want him so badly when he hasn't even been charged?

Why is the UK threatening illegal actions to capture someone who isn't yet deemed a criminal?

The answer is because he has pissed some high powered people off, and they want his head.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Actually at this stage you're clain is as valid as the other side.

Neither are valid. Have pateince and we'll see how things go.

If you're right, it'll come out eventually

If we are right, it'll come out eventually.

There are so many fools who think that everything can be wrapped up in as short as a possible time as can be.

The world doesn't work like that. Some us us can hold our attention and emotions for more than one day.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld

He screwed over the people who payed his bail, released info that put soldiers lives at risk and ran and hid, he isn' brave, he is a coward.

But, the UK shouldn't break ties with Ecuador over this man.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

1) They're not rape charges
2) He can legally ask them to interview him in the UK, which he has
3) The UK, USA and Swedish governments REFUSE to assure him it would not lead to extradition to the US
4) THIS IS NOT ABOUT A BROKEN CONDOM!!
5) His speech was POLITICAL and HARD HITTING.

How you can sit there and say it was meaningless is BEYOND me.
That's one of the most POWERFUL speeches seen in recent times, he OPENLY called out the US on Illegal activities, detention and TORTURE.

If you cant see the ramifications of that issue, then....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thank you for sharing.

Assange will be like Manning, imprisoned and tortured because if you speak against the US Superpower, you risk martyrdom.

May God have mercy on these brave and courageous souls.

Souls like Assange, Bradley Manning and all those who still believe in the dream of justice and liberty for all and have the guts to speak out against the global tyranny that now overshadows our planet.
edit on 19-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The sex charges aren't fabricated, he admitted so himself, it is just a stupid law that says if he doesn't wear a French tickler without her consent it is rape.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

They only recently changed the law to make it a crime

FOR THIS SPECIFIC PURPOSE.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Assange, you idiot.

You've given the British authorities the perfect excuse they need to strip that embassy building of it's diplomatic protection, it's obvious to anyone the building isn't now being used for it's original purpose.

Off to Sweden you'll soon be going, you buffoon.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
He might be putting the soldiers in danger

But those soilders are putting society in danger

Hate breeds hate

Terror breeds terror.

Fake wars only give us that and just create situations where future kids have to take dads place and go to another war that they need no be part of.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

can you link me where he admits to all of it, in a manner you are referring too?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Hi Sinny - I am on satellite uplink atm so cannot watch vids - can you please give me a breakdown on what he said exactly or point me in the direction of a transcript?

I really admire this fella - he has balls, imo.

NB: You gotta change that avatar - everytime I see it I want a pint - and thats not going to happen for another 4 weeks when I get of this ship.......aggggghhhhh...............mmmmmmmmm.......beer (my first love)

See - I can't even concentrate to type out this message

edit on 19-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Can't spell because of Sinny's beer - it keeps looking at me

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

The sex charges aren't fabricated, he admitted so himself, it is just a stupid law that says if he doesn't wear a French tickler without her consent it is rape.

Yes, fair enough...perhaps i should have worded it better.

Even though he did provide a slightly different story, it is obvious that the media and Sweden/UK is pumping it up to be something it isn't.

He has been demonised by the the media and governments to try and sway the public opinion of him.

All of this stated however, Assange has not been charged and therefore, there is no reason for Sweden wanting him so badly that they refuse to actually talk to him in the UK.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If he was innocent he would stand his ground, but yet he hides, that's your hero, the coward...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Does anybody have a recording of the speech or a link where I can listen to it. I was watching on Ustream but the sound was horrible.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

well not one death has been atributted to the wikileaks. Yet the leaks did show us some of the darker things our soldiers get up to, in the name of bringing freedom and democracy to a country. Some people would rather those things remained secret. It's not good for the image. It's embarrassing and must be punished and no doubt will be.

Some will cheer it on and make it all about Assange and how he should be punished or how bradley manning should be punished, but they don't call for the punishment of their governments or the officials who committed the highlighted crimes. They want these to remain secret tucked away un punished.

Some will never see the wood through the trees or beyond the end of their noses.
edit on 19-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by Sinny

Hi Sinny - I am on satellite uplink atm so cannot watch vids - can you please give me a breakdown on what he said exactly or point me in the direction of a transcript?

I really admire this fella - he has balls, imo.

NB: You gotta change that avatar - everytime I see it I want a pint - and thats not going to happen for another 4 weeks when I get of this ship.......aggggghhhhh...............mmmmmmmmm.......beer (my first love)

See - I can't even concentrate to type out this message

edit on 19-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Can't spell because of Sinny's beer - it keeps looking at me

Aha, When I'm at the pub next, I'll have one for you
Mmm

He just thanked all the Southern American countries for their support, thanked the British public for watching over the embassy, as he feels that deterred the police entering the building, he thanked his supporters in Aus, US and Sweden, and called for the war on whistle blowers to be ended by the US.

He called for the freedom of Bradley Manning a few times. Highlighting the illegal activities of the US.

And stated the governments of South America will be meeting with North America on Friday to discuss his situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If he was innocent he would stand his ground, but yet he hides, that's your hero, the coward...

If you were Assange, would you risk it?

I am willing to say that you would do the exact same thing as Assange if you were in his position.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

OMG!!

Are you serious?

HE IS STANDING HIS GROUND!

In case you haven't noticed he CANNOT leave the apartment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join