It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 years old, first heart attack, possible NDE.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

First of all, Glad that you're ok.

Anyway, 125 pounds at 5 '11 is very unhealthy. You need to put on more weight. You can change your diet all you like, but if you smoke that much in a week, it makes no difference. Of course the fast food every day is bad for you.

Don't cut out meat, that's the biggest joke out there. Humanbeings need meat, and the fat that goes along with it. Not alot, but you need some. Buy organic beef and chicken. I suggest eating alot of beans as well. Lima beans are a superfood with lots of protein, which is exactly what you need in order to gain muscle, which = positive weight.

Gotta cut out that fast food bro. Once or twice a week is no big deal if you're working out once or twice a week as well. We humans were meant to increase our heart rate just in order to eat. We were meant to hunt, which means we were meant to run, jump, climb and swim as well. Sprinting is a good way to burn calories fast. Forget the long distance running which could give you another heart attack.

Also, try eating avacados, they are very good for you. If you like, include spinach and other chards. I eat beets regularly which are another superfood. They taste great with a little ranch or rice vinegar / olive oil mixture.

You gotta change your diet, but keep the meat. Organic cottage cheese won't kill yuh either. A little bowl in the morning with some cranberries and walnuts mixed in will prevent your body from feeding off of itself prior to lunch and most likely help put a few more pounds on yuh. Boil some organic eggs and eat one before work, that is great protein intake as well.

Most of all, quit smoking. Even if you gotta dip some chew, anything is better than smoke in your lungs. Course it's all bad for you in the end. They have smokeless cigs as well. Best wishes ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here's are a few suggestions:

1. Quit smoking.
2. Stop drinking soda. HFCS is toxic.
3. Stop eating where you work.

You don't sound stupid. You're 23 so you're a grown man. You belong to this site, so you must have an inkling of how the food industry works. Stop putting crap in to your body and start taking care of yourself. You don't have to turn in a tree hugger, just change your pathetic diet (no offense, but it's really bad).
edit on 20-8-2012 by PushEject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Glad to hear you are ok.

I too have had an experience that led me to the same realization of my relationship with God. It has led me on a quest for answers and to find ways to get that close again. In case you start the same search I would suggest reading books by Joel Goldsmith. Love gratitude being my personal favorite. Along with Living the Infinite Way. He cuts out all the religious rhetoric; all the guilt, rituals, rules, and mythology. He simply speaks of god as god felt during that moment when you felt his presence.

Stay healthy!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Pancakes, frozen waffles, sugar, jams? Have you lost your mind?

The sugar you eat will spike your insulin, which triggers your body to add bad weight (fat). A high dose of sugar (40-50) directly after you workout will cause a spike in testosterone which will help you build muscle (good). Fried foods don't support muscle growth they clog your arteries. White flour is immediately converted to glucose (sugar). DO THE MATH.

There is so much misinformation and confusion in the nutritional and bodybuilding world; the site is called deny ignorance for gods sake if you don't know what you're talking about don't post. There this thing you might have heard of, its called science. All nutritional noobs take a seat while I seal this threads coffin - the kid is gonna do whatever he does so leave him to his own devices. Here it is: The same foods you eat to lose weight are the same to build muscle - POWER FOODS.

This is the WAY OF NUTRITION. This isn't a DIET, it's a LIFESTYLE. This is what BODYBUILDERS eat. This is what FAT people when they LOSE WEIGHT. Its called, putting HIGH OCTANE fuel in your ferrari, your body is a ferrarri, isn't it? So stop putting cheap gas in the god damn tank.

-Eat CLEAN. If its not vibrating, don't touch it. Anything processed, refined, stripped, raped, is GARBAGE and FAKE.
-You can only process around 30 effective grams of protein in a given meal. However, there is a super absorption period following your workout up to 40 minutes, and increased absorption up to 3-4 hours. DO THE MATH.
-Stop counting calories, EAT CLEAN. just EAT CLEAN; HIGH OCTANE FUEL IN YOUR FERRARI AT ALL TIMES.

Here are your main sources of;

-Proteins; Lean chicken, lean beef, fish, turkey,
-Carbs: Complex carbs, sweet potatoes, oats, brown rice, whole wheat, chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, lentils, (all legumes), cous cous, anything that is ALIVE and not processed.
-Fruits and Vegetables- As much you can eat. Onions, kale, lettuce, apples, broccoli, bananas. IF ITS ALIVE, EAT IT.
-Fats: Avocado, peanuts, walnuts, (all nuts).

I didn't mention these to hear my own voice. NOW GO FIGURE OUT WHY YOU WANNA EAT THESE AND DO THE KNOWLEDGE, SON ! DERE, DERE. And hit me up when you actually want to build some muscle, the technique is called ''maximal time under tension,'' if you want an explanation, message me, I'll teach you. I dropped enough jewels for one day, where's my cheque?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There is more and more Miracle article like this
love it
glad you are okay and in full shape now

all over the world .. people are being saved each day
each time one is saved .. they see the world with another pair of eyes
there is a battle going on.. each side try to harvest maximum of souls
because when the galactic alignement comes .. both world will split
depending on your karma level .. you ascend or descend

Thanks for sharing .. i think a demon or a reaper was trying to get your soul
they are feeding on your sins .. when you repent and see the Creator has the almighty Lord
you become protected .. like shielded .. because you have decide to join the good side
all you need to do until the transition come (21 december)
is keeping Faith and trust your heart when you dont know what to do

im also 5'11 but 170 lbs .. i was 180 once .was.eating a lot of junk
i eat more fruit and vegetable now
i do smoke but try not to much .. bad habit
been a long time since i was sick but my cardio is not the best
i can run fast but not for long lol
i know i should stop one day .. i just smoke with moderation
same thing for the beers or the wines .. need to balance life is the secret
edit on 8/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

What gives YOU the authority to "advise" him or her on what to believe?

What the hell does authority mean in this context??? No one forced him, including me.

I gave my opinion and he gave his. And you just gave yours.

The only reason you targeted my opinion over his is because you're religious like him.

Transparent.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I apologize for being late to this thread/party - and I sincerely hope the OP is OK - but I find his account rubbish.

And proponents should refrain from accusing skeptics of having the reading comprehension of a rabbit and such like. I'm not sure that's hate speech, since it's so amusing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for telling your story. I'm sure that many here will find it helpful or useful in some way. I've heard many tell of similar experiences to the NDE you describe. If only we could all understand God in the same way as you do now. Religions have twisted the concept of God to such an extent that it turns many away, and for good reason. If we could all understand that God's love is unconditional and never ending, instead of believiing God to be vengful, spiteful and jealous as religions teach us, we would all be better off.

Thanks again... God Bless...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think the proof is subjective, not objective. I don't classify OPs experiences to "mere anecdotes", but do see it that these are phenomenologically difficult to solve unambiguously. Even if one does NOT believe that all of consciousness is generated by different parts of the physical brain.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eveshi
I think the proof is subjective, not objective. I don't classify OPs experiences to "mere anecdotes", but do see it that these are phenomenologically difficult to solve unambiguously. Even if one does NOT believe that all of consciousness is generated by different parts of the physical brain.

eveshi eveshi eveshi

Big words, small meanings.

You are a committed materialist, are you not? Dyed in the wool physicalist with science as your leading edge? Susan Blackmore's favorite scrub brush? James Randi's beard trimmer?

Get a grip, boyo. Speak without the forked tongue.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join