It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 years old, first heart attack, possible NDE.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry but if the OP had died we'd be reading his report in the Darwin Awards.

''23 year old man binges on junk food until he dies''

I mean damn, no water? just soda? WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU SON? ARE YOU F-ING RETARDED?

Yeah, I said it !! in jest of course, but if you wanna eat junk til you die go ahead, you probably don't take advice very well so my previous post went in one ear and out the other, but good luck.

By the way, I forgot to include my NDE experience. From an aerial point of view, I watched my dead lifeless body on my friends basement floor. My thoughts were, 'oh my, oh well, big deal, they'll find me in the morning and tell my parents, they'll have a funeral, and thats will be that'

So to all you folks that are too attached to your bodies and everything else in this world, one word - NOOBS !!!

=D
edit on 19-8-2012 by Kapablanka because: Wanted to add my NDE

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Your age is probably the worst one to have heart problems. After 30's your chances of survival tend to increase. But if I were you I would start by stop eating crap at work. Fast food is something that you should avoid eating on a daily basis at all costs because it uses basically everything that is not healthy. From the cheapest of meats, to crappy oils and fat.

Smoking doesn't help either, but by my own experience that's a bit trickier to change.

edit on 19-8-2012 by thomas_ because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
I'm sorry but if the OP had died we'd be reading his report in the Darwin Awards.

''23 year old man binges on junk food until he dies''

I mean damn, no water? just soda? WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU SON? ARE YOU F-ING RETARDED?

Yeah, I said it !! in jest of course, but if you wanna eat junk til you die go ahead, you probably don't take advice very well so my previous post went in one ear and out the other, but good luck.

By the way, I forgot to include my NDE experience. From an aerial point of view, I watched my dead lifeless body on my friends basement floor. My thoughts were, 'oh my, oh well, big deal, they'll find me in the morning and tell my parents, they'll have a funeral, and thats will be that'

So to all you folks that are too attached to your bodies and everything else in this world, one word - NOOBS !!!

=D
edit on 19-8-2012 by Kapablanka because: Wanted to add my NDE

You learn something new everyday. I drink a lot of soda too. I thought I was getting my water from it??? What about beer do you get your water threw beer??? lol

edit on 19-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

''What, pop is a diuretic? The can said 355 ml on it, thats a lot of water isn't it?"

''I'm Very healthy, I eat italian foccaccia bread every day for lunch...huh, white flour does what to your body?''

''Wait, I eat fruit every day!... Well, it said 'fruit' roll-up on the package?'' LMAO

Shout out to Denis Leary, ''Cigarettes are BAD? I thought I was getting my vitamin C!"

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bout that feeling of warmth and light, I believe it's the body's mind protetction mechanism, a safety valve of sorts when pain is about to become unbearable. It releases hormones that numb the pain and give you relief. Those suffering from severe hypothermia will suddenly feel warm just before they die, although that is because the muscles holding the warm blood near vital organs give up, not because of some safety valve. Animals who have huge pieces of flesh bitten off by a predator while they're still alive do not feel pain after a while.

And for your diet I'd personally suggest mostly vegan diet with fresh fish for complete protein.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by violet
Do they offer salads as an alternate?

Yes, I work at Arby's as a shift manager and they are probably the healthiest fast food in my town, I usually eat corned beef, salads, roast chicken, oven roasted turkey, etc. But I tend to over eat, especially after I was hospitalized last year for too much weight lost and it nearly killed me then. But it was a wakeup call, and I'm going to start eating/living healthier. Why do they make it so expensive to eat healthy though? It doesn't make since.

You must be like me, can't put weight on. Mind you I never over eat. That's another tip I forgot to mention about your esophagus problem. Taking in air when you eat irritates it. Avoid gulping food down too quickly or consuming whipped foods or drinks. Soda has air in it, so this isn't good for your acidreflux.

Try replacing soda with water or real fruit juice

edit on 20-8-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Your age is probably the worst one to have heart problems. After 30's your chances of survival tend to increase. But if I were you I would start by stop eating crap at work. Fast food is something that you should avoid eating on a daily basis at all costs because it uses basically everything that is not healthy. From the cheapest of meats, to crappy oils and fat.

Smoking doesn't help either, but by my own experience that's a bit trickier to change.

edit on 19-8-2012 by thomas_ because: typo

Don't you mean decrease?

The fast food is full of chemicals as well. I think the junk is ok in moderation, it's just when it's daily it can take its toll on your body

You are what you eat

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't buy that you had a NDE and met god.
And this is why. (Forgive me if I disagree with you)

1- 3 minutes isn't long enough to be dead
2- Near death ISN'T death even given if #1 is false.
3- Your mind is a very powerful thing, your brain sends out hormones that helps you to deal with pain after traumatic things happen to your body. It is what is also responsible for that warm feeling you get.
When you meditate or dream, your brain is capable of producing very vivid images and feelings.

I know 2 people in your who have had NDEs that I love and respect. I don't think you are making it up.
However, be reminded that you called out to "Jesus" because you were raised around Christians. If you were in India or Afghanistan, it would have been a different story.

I know having a brush with death is traumatic and can make you re-evaluate your life and beliefs, but perception is not always reality.
But glad you made it through it and are feeling positive.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'm glad you made it back to share your experience. When I read stories like yours it gives me hope that there is something after physical life...and to kick my smoking habit. Take care of yourself and thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee

Ummmm.... what??

Very true and a valid point towards NDE. BUT the OP title says NDE not DE so not sure your point?..

Either way, it's a valid point to differentiate NDE and actual death.

3- Your mind is a very powerful thing, your brain sends out hormones that helps you to deal with pain after traumatic things happen to your body.

Also very valid.

However there is something to be said about the striking similarities in these experiences. I would think.

When you meditate or dream, your brain is capable of producing very vivid images and feelings.

When I personally meditate I don't. I have reached extremely profound states. Emotional, in ways, visual no. For me. Can't speak for others.

As for dreaming. See that's so different almost to the point of being non-analogous. Dreams are near infinitely diverse in their imagination! So many vastly different dream stories! Yet NDE have striking similarities with each other.

However, be reminded that you called out to "Jesus" because you were raised around Christians. If you were in India or Afghanistan, it would have been a different story.

To be fair he called out to Jesus before the experience and Jesus didn't appear during the experience.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Ya never know when you're going to go. I had a brain aneurism at work one fine day. Talk about feeling weird, and feeling the "this is it" experience. I remember the ambulance ride sort of. Two day's later, remember feeling my wife holding my hand, I knew it was her without even opening my eyes. Which I found out weren't supposed to work. The bulge formed around where my optic nerves cross, and was seeping, meaning I had a blood clot all wrapped up in there. Come to find out I had less than a 30% chance of making it, less than that of being "normal", and a "wait and see" if I would see again. Oh, and a good chance of being a wheelchair bound drooling vegetable. I was 41 at the time, and felt great that morning. Ya never know.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What an amazing testimony, makes me think about my own salvation, hope you are ok and your mom, she must be constantly checking on you.

Glad you quit smoking immediately, probably the best thing you ever did, besides getting saved. God Bless you, Be Well!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have never had a heart attack but I know people who have had one. It always sounds really painful and not the preferred way to pass on. It is good that you survived. I suggest that you change your diet, changing you job might help, cut back on the smokes and maintain a regular sleep pattern. I hope everything goes well for you in the future.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

23 years old, male, 5'11 and I weigh 125 lbs. I go through a carton of cigs in 5 to 6 days, The only thing I drink is soda, I work in fast food so I tend to eat where I work most days. Health problems: Overactive thyroid, ...

Free advice that you didn't ask for - you should have some autoimmune bloodwork done up and live a healthier life.
The sugar and poor diet is a trigger for any autoimmune diseases lurking in your body. Anyways ... just thought I'd mention that ... I wish you well ....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
hmmm , ive had a NDE myself and personally i believe NDEs are represented by your then state of mind.

i need something explained to me here though....

you say you heard a voice which stated
"It's not your time my child, evil tried to take you because they knew you were turning to me, go back home."

what i dont get here is why was evil going to try and take you if they knew the only way you was going to turn to Jesus was by them trying to take you int he first place?

I mean , you decided to turn to Jesus in your final moments , but why would evil try and take you when the cause of you turning to Jesus was you dying.

Its hard what im trying to explain and i hope someone can understand me.

oh and hope you use your 2nd chance wisely, i havent >><

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Do they offer salads as an alternate?

Yes, I work at Arby's as a shift manager and they are probably the healthiest fast food in my town, I usually eat corned beef, salads, roast chicken, oven roasted turkey, etc. But I tend to over eat, especially after I was hospitalized last year for too much weight lost and it nearly killed me then. But it was a wakeup call, and I'm going to start eating/living healthier. Why do they make it so expensive to eat healthy though? It doesn't make since.

These kind of foods are more healthy, but they take a bit of time. Not terribly expensive. Preparing ahead of time so you can do it fast, for some of them is good.

WHEY POWDER, its fairly expensive, but lasts, and my sons both take this, Best kind is the organic, non GMO, in health food store, read the label. Weight builders use this.

Cereal. Brown Bread, white is useless, and sorry this needs to be somewhat expensive for health purposes, most bread isn't good, sprouted.

Now here is what my son tries to do. He is 6 2, and 150 lbs and very thin. Having potatoes on hand, (only works when its not summer though, so 10 months of the year), lots of potatoes, so he can throw 4 in the oven and bake them and put butter on them.

Waffles, frozen is OK, with a variety of syrups. Most are corn syrup, unhealthy. But we have summerland sweets, fruit and berry syrup, and you can make your own and put it in a bottle, what tastes really good is. Brown sugar syrup (google a recipe) and then add maple syrup (a little pricey but its only about 1/5 of that), make a big quart jar of it.

Here is where preparation is handy ahead of time. Pancakes, lots and lots of pancakes. So you use, jam, brown sugar, syrup, different things as toppings for variety.

But you make the batter with organic wherever possible, flour, perhaps half and half with whole wheat and white, and whip up eggs to fold into this, or egg whites, so its fluffy, and light, make sure its a little thin, the batter so you can make thinnish good pancakes, and also you have to practise to good.

But, if you keep the batter in the fridge for a few days, in a covered juice picture, then you can stir it and pour it out in a med hot pan, with butter melted in it, and make up several big ones, full pan size nearly, you have to be able to flip them still, relatively fast for extra calories.

Whole fats, that are natural. Nature knows best, not margarine. Ie. BUTTER, and Coconut Oil ARE ESSENTIALS AND GOOD FOR YOU. No, not eating a half a pound of butter, there are limits and balance needed in all things. But they are essential to healht, to bones and teeth. Organic eggs as well.

So its not just, junk food needed.

My son is still thin however, even when its not summer. But he does some of this, what I've written, especially the potatoes. Makes himself lots of porridge too.

Try drinking water in a pitcher with several slices of lemon in it,organic lemon. And tea with whole milk. Switch to whole milk.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Also cooking up potatoes and then putting them in the fridge and hash browing them, big plates. That will put some weight on a bit, and give lots of minerals and vitamins. Include the skin, just make sure its clean.

For a treat, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies.

Aslo, doctors diet needs to be researched. I would never ever be vegan. Vegetarian, but you need the essential K2 and fatty vitamins in eggs and milk for bones, teeth, brain, immune system, to prevent cancer, to cure cancer even, and so research is your friend, really really research this, and the health benefits of dairy, of organic eggs. Research bones teeth K2., for example.

I've discussed withl my doctor what I've researched and she is quite interested herself in some of it.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What gives YOU the authority to "advise" him or her on what to believe?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
Sorry, I don't buy that you had a NDE and met god.
And this is why. (Forgive me if I disagree with you)

3- Your mind is a very powerful thing, your brain sends out hormones that helps you to deal with pain after traumatic things happen to your body. It is what is also responsible for that warm feeling you get.

I know 2 people in your who have had NDEs that I love and respect. I don't think you are making it up.

I know having a brush with death is traumatic and can make you re-evaluate your life and beliefs, but perception is not always reality.
But glad you made it through it and are feeling positive.

And when you meet Jesus face to face, please be sure to explain this all to Him...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I haven't read through all of these responses but I am about to graduate nursing school and I work in a cardiac critical care ICU so here goes what I have to say.....You have 3 issues working against you that are fixable, metabolic, diet and decreased oxygen. You really need to get your hyperthyroid under control, this will help you gain back weight and slow your heart rate down. Until that is corrected, these problems will persist with your heart. As others have said, stop the sodas, they are full of chemicals and fructose. The weight you said you are before your heart attack is not healthy for your height! Also, as you already have been told as I think you have, smoking saps your body of needed oxygen....when your body is low on oxygen your heart will increase its rate in order to supply more oxygen to your body as compensation for low 02 content. These are all fixable health issues! I know it's hard to do, but it comes down to what is really important to you and how much you care about yourself and the future you want to give yourself. You are young and can bounce back from this. Most of the people in our cardiac unit are older and really sick and the damage they have done to themselves is pretty much irreversible, we keep them alive and get them well enough to go home but 50% are back with us within weeks. You are young with your whole life ahead of you and you may not even realize your potential and what you have to offer this world, but you know God does know, so I urge you to take your NDE experience you had and draw on that for strength to get it together, heal and move forward. Good luck!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join