It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 years old, first heart attack, possible NDE.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by Uniceft17

What were you reading/writing on ats at the time of the attack?

To be honest I don't even remember, everything before that is vague, I know it was something political though.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by davidmann

What were you reading/writing on ats at the time of the attack?

To be honest I don't even remember, everything before that is vague, I know it was something political though.

If anything could do it...that is certainly it!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm fine answering it!

I've thought about it from every perspective imaginable. Including the one you mention. There are other thoughts as well... maybe I was simply sensing my environment through a dying nervous system... Maybe I only came to the edge of an NDE and was not allowed to even begin the process... and many, many more...

The oddity of the end result... I don't fear death any longer even though now I've so over scrutinized this subject, in my own mind, to the point where believing in an afterlife is just about impossible. I've picked it apart to such a degree that I shredded the guts from my faith in a way. And yet, now I'm fine with it all. If death is something - then it's something. If it's nothingness? Then it's nothingness and I won't care anyway.It's all good to me!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

IMO the best thing you can do IS NOT put a label on it. Sincerely and truly. I usually tag it as Christianity to make it more simple for other folks to understand that I am a believer, but I think what you said to begin with is the most perfect way to put it.... A personal relationship with God. To put a label on it just muddies the water so to speak.

Agreed, I still don't understand or agree with a lot of what Christianity says, mostly that i'm not normal, i'll go to hell, etc. But I've seen God and been wrapped in his love so I don't need a book or anyone else to tell me who he is or how to get to his Kingdom. Knowing right from wrong and living a life in service to others is what i'm going to strive fore.
edit on 8/19/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Im around the same age/diet group as you. Im 24, work in a mexican food restaurant, meaning I eat pretty unhealthy 6 days a week. On the plus side, im on my feet 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, no breaks. Plus I smoke cigs also. (around 10 a day at most).

I know the feeling of an anxiety attack (had anxiety for years now), and have had some hardcore attacks, but never had a heart attack.

If you feel that you have found god (no exact religion) through your experience, I give a more power to ya. It dosent matter what your higher power is. Muslim, christian, jewish, just human will, ect.......Whatever works best for you to get out of situations like these. Ive had a gun to the back of my head before while I was forced to lay on the floor. My anxiety was going crazy, but this deep down inside voice was telling me to stay cool and do whatever the robber says.....I had the opportunity to attempt to wrestle the gun away from him, but it's a good thing I didnt. He had other people in the same room that were watching his back, acting as hostages......I later learned that from the police as they were arresting them at gunpoint a few miles away. (they all had guns)
edit on 19-8-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm fine answering it!

I've thought about it from every perspective imaginable. Including the one you mention. There are other thoughts as well... maybe I was simply sensing my environment through a dying nervous system... Maybe I only came to the edge of an NDE and was not allowed to even begin the process... and many, many more...

The oddity of the end result... I don't fear death any longer even though now I've so over scrutinized this subject, in my own mind, to the point where believing in an afterlife is just about impossible. I've picked it apart to such a degree that I shredded the guts from my faith in a way. And yet, now I'm fine with it all. If death is something - then it's something. If it's nothingness? Then it's nothingness and I won't care anyway.It's all good to me!

~Heff

Thank you for taking the time to answer it. I figured you had probably thought of that since it happened so long ago. I have had one incident in my life that I have replayed like you have replayed this. I have PTSD over that like you do as well. It is a torment to have to continuously rethink/replay something like that for years on end and never come up with answers/solutions etc.

You have tons of friends here, but my u2u is always open if you need it. PTSD can be a real witch to deal with at times. I am glad you can at least talk about it.

I am sure there are answers about what happened. When we will get them is the question.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If it's nothingness? Then it's nothingness and I won't care anyway.It's all good to me!

I am chronically terrified of it
Like phobia bad...affects my life. The idea of nothingness. Just terrified.

Which is something I contemplate from a metaphysical perspective. If I were a 'perfect' being, all powerful, the creator of everything, and created consciousness and all its ability to suffer... I would save their consciousness in some way because it would be good to do so. A very simple idea, and it's perhaps silly to attribute it to God but based on my limited human experience it makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I have suffered more damage from religion than by any single media stunt or obvious destructive persuasion they push. Now I get to my feet and scramble to the nearest open space as soon as I hear an evangelist. I say avoid religion at any cost, just my experience. ALL religions.

To reiterate my earlier post: the best spiritual threads I have seen are lengthy and have no stars, few flags.

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars....

I think it's cool you knew the date when you dropped. I try to know what day it is as well, for you never know when you are going to hit the floor.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

IMO the best thing you can do IS NOT put a label on it. Sincerely and truly. I usually tag it as Christianity to make it more simple for other folks to understand that I am a believer, but I think what you said to begin with is the most perfect way to put it.... A personal relationship with God. To put a label on it just muddies the water so to speak.

Agreed, I still don't understand or agree with a lot of what Christianity says, mostly that i'm not normal, i'll go to hell, etc. But I've seen God and been wrapped in his love so I don't need a book or anyone else to tell me who he is or how to get to his Kingdom. Knowing right from wrong and living a life in service to others is what i'm going to strive fore.
edit on 8/19/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

I can recommend reading the bible like another OP did. If you read it without some guy telling YOU how to interpret it.... you will get the messages you are supposed to get from it. I am in no way pushing you to do it, just trying to give another view. I was raised Christian. It wasn't until I was in my 20's that I actually took it upon myself to read the bible. I can not tell you how many things are written in there that pastors, priests, reverends, etc. twist to mean whatever it is they think it should. Reading it without an agenda being shoved down your throat is a whole different experience IMO.

I am not "normal" either and that is the way we were both made. I consider it a good thing.

I thank you again for sharing this though, I really enjoyed it and the responses so far.
It sounds like your priorities are exactly where they should be.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Soo youre a christian now?

I don't know what I am now, I know that I now have a personal relationship with God, and I know he loves me even though I am far from perfect and have done so much wrong and basically have denied his existence for 17 years of my life.

Who says youve done wrong? Who is god?

Anyway....dont allow yourself to be brainwashed. Meeting god doesnt mean the bible is accurate or not....

Im sure ive mentioned im buddhist. And this isnt a buddhist belief im telling you at all, but i believe we arr parrt of god. The singularity before the big bang? Was god. The combined conciousness of all energy. Just a thought.....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

The singularity before the big bang? Was god. The combined conciousness of all energy. Just a thought.....

In a very nutshell way of saying it, I totally agree, that's very inline with what I think.

As I understand it Buddha wasn't explicitly against the belief in God, it just didn't hold relevance to the practice he was teaching... from what I understood.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Look just because you had a heart attack means nothing. God gave you a second chance. Now you GOT TO GET SERIOUS. Read your bible so you can get to know Jesus. Pray every night (and day) and find a church and meet other Christians. That's all you need is those 3 things. Cultivate them.

Don't be one of these idiots who gets a second chance. But then all the juice of the experience goes to waste. You realize the truth now. So now make it an active part of your life. So the next time this happens you'll be in heaven. You realize how critically important this is. You realize that this is all that really matters in life, that you get to know your savior. Maybe God is telling me to tell you this, who knows, but again, just core basics for a while okay, Prayer, reading, church. That will help you to start to build your walk with Christ and get strong and close to God while the importance of your experience is still fresh in your mind.

At least you now know it's ALL REAL! Good luck my friend. I'll catch you on the flip side

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

How do you know it wasn't Allah or Ganesha or Vishnu or Zeus?

OP I think you should read Greek Mythology because it was Zeus you experienced.

Gah. He experienced something profound. But the experience didn't hand him a friggin Bible so everyone else stop trying to. He heard a voice. Surely God would have said, if it was so important, "oh and go to Church".

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by r2d246

How do you know it wasn't Allah or Ganesha or Vishnu or Zeus?

OP I think you should read Greek Mythology because it was Zeus you experienced.

Gah. He experienced something profound. But the experience didn't hand him a friggin Bible so everyone else stop trying to. He heard a voice. Surely God would have said, if it was so important, "oh and go to Church".

He said he cried out to "Jesus" and it worked to restore his health. There's power in the name of Jesus simply because he's real and already showed us the way in the bible. That's the name of God, not Allah, buddah or any other man made God.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I will end discussion here as I don't want to derail his thread.

OP I implore you to look into meditation before dogma

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

that sure sounds like a NDE to me... i had 2 of them...
but i never called on Jesus or God or asked for forgiveness for a lifetime of (supposedly) soul-staining 'sins'

i only traveled at faster-then-light to a place where a disembodied voice gave me a choice of staying in the state of bliss i was then in (every cell of my body was energized by brain endorphins/dopamine, etc) or going back to the mortal flesh body

both times i said i needed to accept more suffering in the physical body...my choice

nothing miraculous happened, just the fruitful efforts of medical personnel & modern medicine which permitted me to survive and since then to thrive (relatively)
edit on 19-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP, for whatever reason it would appear that you've been given a 2nd chance on life. Might I recommend getting your health back in order by giving up smoking, eating better, and stop drinking all the soda.

Most people your age don't have any issues treating their bodies like you do or even worse but in your case it seems like your body is truly sensitive to these types of poisons you are putting in it. I know that last sentence sounded preachy and believe me, I'm not a perfect picture of health. But at your age to be having a heart attack you definitely need to do a 180 on your lifestyle choices if you want to make the most out of this second chance.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

OP - You are very fortunate not to have lasting effects from your heart attack. It's another chance to take control of your life and better manage your health. You were obviously saved for a reason which might not be apparent at this time.

I've always been very spiritual and a firm believer but not so much into organized religion. Regularly, the anti-faith group will make comments and poke fun at Christians and other believers but I just wish upon them miracle. When an experience such as yours occurs, you really have no choice but to believe. They don't quite get it until it happens to them.

For me, it's happened quite often - not NDE such as yours - but similar in their own way. My fourth such experience was very profound for me and I'll share it. I was sixteen and a very inexperienced driver. I was given an old beater to drive from my home on the Iowa farm to school and for various other errands. It was a car my grandmother had owned and driven years prior and had already been through two siblings, wrecked, and fixed a couple of times. Honestly, it wasn't road-safe. One evening at dusk, during the cold of winter when even the gravel on the roads was frozen into solid clumps, I took the car seven miles to stay overnight at a friend's house and was still about three miles from her place when the incident took place. I was not wearing a seat belt as people didn't wear them often back then. The steering was very loose on the car and I hit a frozen clump of gravel and before it even registered what had happened, the car, which was traveling at about 50 mph, was speeding along in the ditch and mowing down weeds. All of the sudden the car was lifted up and placed back on the road and immediately stopped. Of course, I was very shaken up and just sat in the car on that cold and lonely road trembling. Once I had regained a grip on my emotions, I got out of the car and looked at the front bumper, which was filled with tall weeds I had pulled out by the roots as I drove through the deep ditch. I then looked into the ditch to see just how much evidence I had left behind because heaven knows I didn't want anyone to know about my detour from the road. There, in the ditch right next to me, was this huge culvert and driveway into a farm field. My car had been moved from it's forward path in the ditch and put back onto the road so I wouldn't hit that culvert which would have most certainly resulted in death. I have had several other such strange experiences and eventually came to the realization I have a very proficient Angel watching over me.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What an amazing experience! Well, at least now, you shouldn't fear death and know that we are more than just a physical body. Though it is rare for someone so young to have a heart attack, it does happen. Wishing you many years of life and love.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My mother drank nothing but soda. No water, all soda, every single day. She also ate nothing but fast food, every day because she hated to cook and didn't have time for it. She ended up having a heart attack and we almost lost her.

The cardiologist told us that drinking soda every day and no water and the fast food is what did this to her. He actually said that soda is bad for the heart. Now my mother drinks water every day. She has learned to love the taste of it.

Another thing that the doc said was that he is seeing people as young as their 30's now, with blocked arteries due to their diet.

I'm so glad you survived your heart attack and have a second chance now to turn it around
Take good care of yourself!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join