It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 years old, first heart attack, possible NDE.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A little about myself: 23 years old, male, 5'11 and I weigh 125 lbs. I go through a carton of cigs in 5 to 6 days, The only thing I drink is soda, I work in fast food so I tend to eat where I work most days.

Health problems: Overactive thyroid, I have to consume 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day to maintain or gain weight, my weight ranges from 114 to 127, I've never been over 127, and I've lost up to 5 pounds in 1 night of sleep before.

I also have severe acid reflux disease and have to get my esophagus at the opening of my stomach stretched atleast every 10 years (Hopefully only 10 years) The first time was June of 2011.

That's as far as my health 'problems' go, I wouldn't really call them problems as they don't affect my everyday life, I tend to stay within a healthy weight range and have only been hospitalized once for dropping down to 99 lbs last year. And the only thing my acid reflux does is make it a little uncomfortable at night when I try to sleep, especially if I stray from my strict diet.

Ok, Now to my heart attack, I was on the computer and it was in the middle of the night, I was actually here on ATS, lol. Anyways, I noticed a feeling of anxiety take over me and then there was an adrenaline rush and not even a split second after that my heart was beating out of control, and wasn't beating normally, it was like there was a giant whale flipping around in my chest, then came a stabbing sensation that started in my heart and spread to the rest of my body. Everything I just said all happened within 2 seconds but felt like a lifetime, I tried to get up off my chair and fell straight to the ground in the fetal position.

It was in this moment when I fell that I knew that this was it, I was terrified....wait no, there isn't a word in human language that could describe how terrifying it was, I knew I was a dead man, My grave flashed before my eyes with the date 8/16/12 scribbled across my tombstone, and all I could think about was my mom not having me there to care for her and her finding my body. When I knew that I was going to die I did something I never thought I would do before considering i've been a non believer my whole life and have the threads here on ATS to prove it, I called on Jesus and I begged for forgiveness and to be spared and I repented and confessed every dirty little secret I had and just asked for forgiveness over and over, There were a few things I wasn't willing to ask for forgiveness for though even in the face of death, being gay for example, it's just who I am. Anyways onto the NDE.

During all of this it felt like a lifetime, and then the pain started to finally fade, and then I felt this most incredible warmth all over my body, it was pure bliss and I was being bathed in the most brilliant light I had ever seen, it was indescribable, I didn't see or hear anyone but I did feel someone and in that moment I knew God loves me no matter what or who I am or what i've done, he knew I would find him and then I heard a voice, "It's not your time my child, evil tried to take you because they knew you were turning to me, go back home." And in a split second I was back in my room on the floor in my mothers arms.

All of this happened over the course of 3 minutes, my mom said I stopped breathing for what seemed like 15 seconds (it felt like a lifetime) and she had to perform CPR, an ambulance was at my house within 4 mins, and my heart attack was confirmed through a blood and ekg test, thankfully I had little to almost no damage done to my heart and I'm hoping and praying that everything will be ok in the future, something tells me that everything will be ok. I even quit smoking and haven't even had the urge to go back.

This isn't meant to be a religious thread, this is more of a thread on my NDE, I've never been a believer, even at a young age and I don't consider myself to have a religion, more of a personal relationship with God that I am just getting to know and to be honest I'm thankful for the heart attack. If my mom hadn't have heard me hit the floor I don't know what would have happened,

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this!
I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you and your mom. I am sure the doctor told you how very lucky/blessed you are to have survived a heart attack at your age. Usually the younger folks do not fare as well as the older ones in this situation believe it or not.

Being religious myself (I like how you said it better...a personal relationship with God), I can fully believe what you described. Just make sure to make the most of the second chance you have been given.

I am glad you made it through ok!
edit on 8/19/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for the quick reply, and the support :]

It litteraly brings tears to my eyes when I think about the love God has for each and every one of us, the non-believers, the sinners, EVERYONE, Though we may leave him he never leaves us and I truly do believe that now.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Religious or not, your mind is very powerful and works without you knowing, you praying for jesus etc, gave you strength based on what you believe, anyway its to long to explain but i'm sure most of you will get it.

And cut down on fatty foods will ya, drink water not soda, exercise, 1 heart attack at the age of 23.. MOST likely will happen in the future if you don't take care of yourself.

Get off your pc and go to gym, eat healthy and look at life as this is your 2nd chance, don't screw it up for yourself!

Good luck, and hopefully you get better.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for the quick reply, and the support :]

It litteraly brings tears to my eyes when I think about the love God has for each and every one of us, the non-believers, the sinners, EVERYONE, Though we may leave him he never leaves us and I truly do believe that now.

At 35 it still does the same thing to me when I think about it. That magnitude of love... I can't comprehend even though I wish I could. He indeed never leaves us. He always knows where we are even when we put ourselves far from Him.

ETA - That your post has kind of scared me.
I smoke almost 2 packs a day. Drink sodas. Eat unhealthy most of the time AND I am also underweight....believe it or not. I have SVT already and always fear what you described. I really need to start working on some things. eeekk.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

God and the afterlife aside. 4000 calories of fast food is a health problem. If you had an NDE and heard that voice telling you it's not your time yet, if I were you, I would change my diet. Not the calorie aspect, eat as much as your medically advised to. But think about it, it's not just a lot of calories it's a lot of bad calories you're consuming. Have professionals not advised you against getting them from fast food?

As for you experience can you describe the 'light' more?
edit on 19-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Zatox
Religious or not, your mind is very powerful and works without you knowing, you praying for jesus etc, gave you strength based on what you believe, anyway its to long to explain but i'm sure most of you will get it.

I'm just happy I was able to take a negative experience and make a positive life changing one, it was truly an amazing experience in hindsight.

Get off your pc and go to gym, eat healthy and look at life as this is your 2nd chance, don't screw it up for yourself!

Agreed!

+2 more 
link   

Thanks for sharing that! I say that - something I rarely say here - because I personally know how difficult it can be to discuss these things. When I was a teenager I was diagnosed with a heart condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. This is, today, a relatively easily fixed problem - but when I was younger no treatment existed and the defect was considered to be untreatable.

At any rate... at 18 years old I went into an irregular heart rhythm, called V-fib and then, quickly into cardiac arrest.

I was without vitals signs for roughly 12 minutes. I was comatose for three days after.

I don't speak about what I think happened to me very often. I have spent a long time wondering if I had an NDE or if I dreamed it all while in a coma. Let's just say that the bright light didn't want to have anything to do with me. I remember being aware of its presence - behind me - but it was pushing me away.

I recall total coldness and total darkness. Both right to my core.

Maybe that was perdition, or hell, or a dream... or maybe I just remember what it felt like to die. I don't know.

What I do know is that you'll spend a lot of time wondering about your own experience as you age. You'll question it... after awhile you'll even begin to wonder if you're remembering what happened or if your mind has bent and twisted it all over the years.

My advice is to keep talking about your experience when you begin to think about it. I now suffer from PTSD because I bottled my own experience up for too long.

I hope this helps.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

God and the afterlife aside. 4000 calories of fast food is a health problem. If you had an NDE and heard that voice telling you it's not your time yet, if I were you, I would change my diet. Not the calorie aspect, eat as much as your medically advised to. But think about it, it's not just a lot of calories it's a lot of bad calories you're consuming. Have professionals not advised you against getting them from fast food?

Agreed, I'm 23 and I thought I was invincible and the diet the doctors gave me is basically a Vegan diet, no dairy products, red meats, fried foods, tomato, chocolate, almost everything, it was truly a wakeup call and I'm going to try very hard to stick to my diet now while trying to maintain a healthy weight, I'll have to talk to my doctor more about what to eat, I tend to ignore him when he talks about my diet, lol.

As for you experience can you describe the 'light' more?

I can try, It was the brightest light I had ever seen but I could look straight into it with no problem, and it was all around me, on me, like being underwater, I could feel this light seeping into every molecule of my body and it was like pure bliss, literally being engulfed in pure unconditional love, it was the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
S&F for sharing your story. It is great that you found God, for I think things are about to get "hairy" here on earth, and we will all need our faith to make it through.

I had just finished watching a video of "Beyond and Back". Now I come back to ATS and see this thread. Is there a message in there somewhere?

link   
Soo youre a christian now?

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I remember being aware of its presence - behind me - but it was pushing me away.

I recall total coldness and total darkness. Both right to my core.

Were you aware of its light? It was behind you but was it felt or seen? Aware of its intelligence or benevolence (or malevolence) for lack of better words? Was it void of all of this?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

I don't know what I am now, I know that I now have a personal relationship with God, and I know he loves me even though I am far from perfect and have done so much wrong and basically have denied his existence for 17 years of my life.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I would recommend quitting smoking... All that smoke effects your thyroid gland too... The more you commit to change in the right direction. The more God will be there to help you. Take simple steps at a time. Doing everything at once can be overwhelming for most people. I used to smoke and drink all the time. I don't smoke anymore and I hardly ever drink now. Positive activities will easily help you replace your old bad habits. Exercising will help build your cardiovascular system which will strengthen your heart. Eating fast food and smoking are just going to cause a ton of stress on your heart. I would also recommend trying to find a more labor intensive job. Try applying at a golf course as groundskeeper, you will be outdoors with fresh air and get exercise. Plus you won't be tempted to eat that horrific food that clogs your arteries. I know you said you need tons of calories, so try eating the cheapest/healthiest food you can find. Maybe natural baked chips, and whole wheat bread. Also eating cereal just plain can be good. I always loved me some Cheerios, lol. Don't forget time heals. Oh yeah, some cool lil bible passages. Read Corinthians 13. Then start at the testament of Matthew, and read a little bit daily. Remember sins can be forgiven, we must repent though and try not to fall down that same path. I was an atheist all the way up to 18years old. That's when I had a crazy spiritual awakening. Remember the most powerful thing in the world is Love. If you spread positive messages and Love, you will receive the same back. Read the bible if you can please.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I don't want to overstep and you don't have to answer if you don't want to...I will understand.

But did you ever think that the light was pushing you away, giving you a cold feeling to keep you from wanting to go into it? Wanting to give into it to so to speak. Like maybe it wasn't your time, and it didn't want you to have to choose since you were so young?

I don't know. I am always fascinated by these recounts of NDE's and am sorry to hear that your's left you with what it did. Again, I understand if you don't answer Heff.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The best way I can describe it is that it was like I was on roller skates and being pushed... the "light" was a warmth on my back - but it illuminated nothing in my field of vision. I only felt it. And it felt like the light was what was pushing me.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Well based on your experience I would advise not extending it to the affirmation of Christianity or Islam etc, rather the relationship with this Light and it alone

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thanks both of you for sharing your experiences
Very fascinating. I don't have much to add, mostly just interested in hearing about it

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

What were you reading/writing on ats at the time of the attack?

Just my 2 cents, but the purpose in life is to comprehend God, real anathema in this place, in the world. I come here for the concentrated poisons, but when I am sick, real sick, off balance, a simple glimpse of the ats pages causes me to reel. I read that it's OK to use Jesus in emergencies, on one of the threads here, but sweet Christ, some of the spiritual threads are real knockouts. Try to avoid anything with too many flags and stars, when searching for real meaning. It's actually a pretty good indicator~at times~ of the true value. If gurus start flagging and mutually starring each other, it's a safe bet that there's a lot of clingy, crystal worshipping types who can't bear to be in their own little world, where peace and understanding are actually possible.

Cut out the soda, unless you are actively trying to mine your bones of calcium. It is a useful trick for managing mineral turnover so long as you are going to replace the lost minerals with fresh calcium. And don't let soda touch your teeth, if you must drink the poison. I would avoid factory made cigarettes. I am suspicious of your food intake...maybe you could get to the source and cut down the calories. Your body has to work very hard when it is first and foremost a poo factory.

edit on 19-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by phroziac

I don't know what I am now, I know that I now have a personal relationship with God, and I know he loves me even though I am far from perfect and have done so much wrong and basically have denied his existence for 17 years of my life.

IMO the best thing you can do IS NOT put a label on it. Sincerely and truly. I usually tag it as Christianity to make it more simple for other folks to understand that I am a believer, but I think what you said to begin with is the most perfect way to put it.... A personal relationship with God. To put a label on it just muddies the water so to speak.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join