It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Civilians Does the U.S. Have to Kill Before It's Gulity of Genocide?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Friday that the US "must lead the world in stopping Iran's genocidal regime from obtaining a nuclear weapons capability

There is a video floating around the internet in which it was put to former ambassador to Iraq Mandaline Albright that 50,00 kids were killed in Iraq as a result of the U.S led invasion and was the death of 50,000 kids worth it? The former ambassador relied 'yes it was."

My question is how many civilians does the U.S. have to kill before the U. S. is guilty of genocide?

Link to the article

cheers

edit on 19-8-2012 by learnatic because: shorten heading

edit on 19-8-2012 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I clicked the link and saw "Romney" and closed the window.

You have to understand that any presidential candidate will criticize the current administration to get people to get behind him... and once he is in office, he will continue the current policies. This happens every election and once you are old enough to have seen it 4-5 times, elections or politics are no longer interesting. Because you see its just a game to give you the illusion of choice. Without elections, they couldnt call it a democracy.

If you want to change things in America, you have to stop voting, because voting means supporting the system.

edit on 19-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld

Yes I agree; but my question remains, how many civilians does the US have to kill before its guilty of genocide??
edit on 19-8-2012 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
we could give a number but we both know its arbitrary, it is far too many already, but not only
the U.S. every country is guilty, honestly i cant grasp why they cant all just stop, thats
all most of us peace loving people want, we just want to stop seeing people die simply
because of disagreements, what is truly strange about it all is that there must be people
in power in many places that dont want it to stop, why are those people left alone? have
they hidden themselves so well we cant truly spot them? they have to be the minority of
humans as most of us can be rude, unkind beings sometimes but dont want others
to die simply because of that. or maybe i am just flat wrong and there are more
violent people then id like to believe, i cant say one way or the other with any real
proof but again its already wrong, numbers dont matter, one innocent non involved
person dieing because of someone else is far too many to begin with.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
People die in war. Wars are no longer fought on some distance battlefield where only the two opposing forces get killed. Wars are fought in Urban Areas that are usually highly populated. The United States Military avoids civilian casualties when ever possible, but sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Military's Rules of Engagement in Afghanistan are total retarded simply because we try too hard to avoid civilian casualties. For example, US forces are taking fire from a house across the Valley. In the old days we'd call in Artillery or an Airstrike and blow the building and all in it to kingdom come and let God sort'em out. But that's not the way we do it today, you are only allowed to shoot when we see enemies with weapons in there hands.

So back to the building that were being shot form. A few minutes later out walk 3 guys with no weapons. Are these the people shooting at us? (expletive deleted) YES! Can we shoot them? (expletive deleted) no. Why? Because of out stupid rules of engagement.

Americans are dying because of these stupid rules and it only encourages the enemy to exploit these rules knowing our hands are tied.

Yes mistake happen but we never directly target civilians like some other countries do.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yet ANOTHER American haters thread...
We get the point, you don't like us, fine, we can live with that.
But remember, there are many countries out there killing their OWN PEOPLE, why not focus or add them to your list of countries to hate.
I can tell you why people want to constantly bash America: JEALOUSY OF THE RIGHTS WE HAVE HERE.
People can say we're losing their rights, blah, blah, blah, I dont see my neighbors or friends getting their doors kicked down and being dragged away in the middle of the night, as in other places.
America is still the BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON EARTH.
Oh and I know your next statement: I'm brainwashed, a shill, sheeple, whatever.
Whatever you need to say to make you feel better, go ahead, doesn't bother me in the least, your opinion of me and my country will not effect me in the least. I'll still go to bed at night and sleep well in the greatest country on Earth
GOD BLESS AMERICA

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Your question is moot.

Genocide by definition is "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group"

The United States is not deliberately or systematically targeting, in whole or in part, any ethnic, racial or religious groups or any one nationality.

We aim at people who are aiming at us.

And for the record the majority of your civilian casualties have been cause by enemy action. People get caught up in Suicide attacks, and get caught in the middle of gun battles. All those bullets people fire end up some where.
edit on 19-8-2012 by JBRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by JBRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle
People die in war. Wars are no longer fought on some distance battlefield where only the two opposing forces get killed. Wars are fought in Urban Areas that are usually highly populated. The United States Military avoids civilian casualties when ever possible, but sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Military's Rules of Engagement in Afghanistan are total retarded simply because we try too hard to avoid civilian casualties. For example, US forces are taking fire from a house across the Valley. In the old days we'd call in Artillery or an Airstrike and blow the building and all in it to kingdom come and let God sort'em out. But that's not the way we do it today, you are only allowed to shoot when we see enemies with weapons in there hands.

So back to the building that were being shot form. A few minutes later out walk 3 guys with no weapons. Are these the people shooting at us? (expletive deleted) YES! Can we shoot them? (expletive deleted) no. Why? Because of out stupid rules of engagement.

Americans are dying because of these stupid rules and it only encourages the enemy to exploit these rules knowing our hands are tied.

Yes mistake happen but we never directly target civilians like some other countries do.

I respect your comments because it seems you have been in the miltiary and know of the complications that arise but your claim does not seem to be supported by Wikileacks video from Iraiq for eample. If its just a case of mistakes happen when the U.S kills civilians then why is also not this same case when its the Lybians or the Syrians do it?

I see Hilary Clintion and other world leaders incuding those of my own goverment and that of Israel scream genocide when 100 bodies are found in Syria.

In any event, I'd still like to know; how many civilians does the U.S need to kill before its gulity of genocide according to its own definition of the term???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Yet ANOTHER American haters thread...
We get the point, you don't like us, fine, we can live with that.
But remember, there are many countries out there killing their OWN PEOPLE, why not focus or add them to your list of countries to hate.
I can tell you why people want to constantly bash America: JEALOUSY OF THE RIGHTS WE HAVE HERE.
People can say we're losing their rights, blah, blah, blah, I dont see my neighbors or friends getting their doors kicked down and being dragged away in the middle of the night, as in other places.
America is still the BEST PLACE TO LIVE ON EARTH.
Oh and I know your next statement: I'm brainwashed, a shill, sheeple, whatever.
Whatever you need to say to make you feel better, go ahead, doesn't bother me in the least, your opinion of me and my country will not effect me in the least. I'll still go to bed at night and sleep well in the greatest country on Earth
GOD BLESS AMERICA

I think your a little over the top there mate.

I have nothing against the US accept the two faced approach its goverment takes to foreign policy and which by extention contributes to more deaths either intentionaly or otherwise. My own goverment is also guilty of this and I dont like them doing it any more that any goverment doing it but if goverments cannot be fundamentally honest about these things then how can they claim to have any creditibility at all and how can they claim any of the high moral ground that they do?

Perhaps you might be so kind to also reply to my question , how many civilians does the US have to kill before its guility of genocide?

I do not believe you are so fundamentaly dishonest or so morally corrupt to assert that the U.S can never be guility of genocide no matter how many cilivians it kills so therefroe you must have some number in mind.

Please indicate your number.

thank you
edit on 19-8-2012 by learnatic because: typos

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The United States is not deliberately or systematically targeting, in whole or in part, any ethnic, racial or religious groups or any one nationality.

(no reason given)

Given your definition of genocide above would you agree then that your government was wrong to accuse the Sysian regeime of genocide when 100 bodies were found recenty? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I have not heard it claimed that the Lybian or Syrian regeime were not deliberately or systematically targeting, in whole or in part, any ethnic, racial or religious groups or any one nationality in Lybia or Syria?

cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
we could give a number but we both know its arbitrary, it is far too many already, but not only
the U.S. every country is guilty, honestly i cant grasp why they cant all just stop, thats
all most of us peace loving people want, we just want to stop seeing people die simply
because of disagreements, what is truly strange about it all is that there must be people
in power in many places that dont want it to stop, why are those people left alone? have
they hidden themselves so well we cant truly spot them? they have to be the minority of
humans as most of us can be rude, unkind beings sometimes but dont want others
to die simply because of that. or maybe i am just flat wrong and there are more
violent people then id like to believe, i cant say one way or the other with any real
proof but again its already wrong, numbers dont matter, one innocent non involved
person dieing because of someone else is far too many to begin with.

I agree with you.Further; if governments are not prepared to be honest and consistent in their approach to international affairs then I cannot see how they can claim to have any credibility or morality in the matter, and this applies to all goverments, including my own not just that of the U.S or its other allies.

It is this point which, in my opinion, is a leaver the people can use to try and stop TPTB from rampaging brutality over us all. If we all asked the question I am asking it will inveitability wake poeple up and erode the pawer of war mongers. It will weaken them and bring them under control. Asking this question is putting pressure on them where they are the most vunerable.

cheers
edit on 19-8-2012 by learnatic because: typo and grammer this time

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic

Yes I agree; but my question remains, how many civilians does the US have to kill before its guilty of genocide??
edit on 19-8-2012 by learnatic because: typo

That like asking how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop...it depends...

When you kill one person its considered murder.....when you kill a thousand..your a war hero...often referred to blow back or collateral damage.

Anything to take the vocal humanity out of the action describing it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

The accusation was made by the former Prime Minister of Syria, not the US.
www.middle-east-online.com...

Sounds more like mass murder ( the toll so far is about 14,000) not Genocide.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

I dont even go to America on vacation because you have no rights. You can be thrown in prison without a trial indefinently. So you are quite incorrect here. In case you seriously want too know why America is being bashed, there is plenty of people to ask. But you sound like someone who has made up their mind already.

edit on 19-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

No rights?
Kinda funny, I still have the right to say what I want, short of threatening someone, the right to vote in elections, the right to choose the religion I want, if I decide to choose one, the right to come and I go as I please without hindrance, so yeah, I have more rights here in the USA then anywhere else, so you're wrong.
You said I had my mind made up: you're 100% RIGHT, my mind is made up, this is the best country in the world to live. If it wasn't, why do people STILL want to emigrate here by the thousands???

edit on 8/19/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
you don't understand genocide

the US is guilty of being the "world police" and using violence to protect it's interests

not genocide

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The "rights" or privileges you name are not unique to the US alone. I believe MOST countries grant those and there are very few that do not.

I lived over 50 years in the US but have left there several years ago. I never realized the heat building up until I jumped out of the pot.

BTW - I don't believe "emigrate" was the word you wanted to use but you are correct. Many are emigrating the US these days, by the thousands.

To the OP - I suppose that number would have to be in the millions. As the world's watchdogs/attack dogs we are justified if we are protecting the BILLIONS. At least someone has rationalized it that way. We must protect global economic interests for the good of all.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

The Iraq situation should not be mentioned. The enemy violated the Geneva conventions by mingling with civilians and engaging US or allied military from that position and Saddam positioned military targets and assets close to schools and hospitals and not away from residential areas. The enemy also did not wear distinguished apparel from the general populace. Those are all Geneva convention violations. And the enemy did this for propaganda purposes. They directly endangered he civilians then paraded their casualties to the media in an effort to win the propaganda war.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBRiddle

Rubbish!
What have Iraq and afghanistan done to America or the UK to be invaded and occupied ?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Wrong. Those Americans are dying because they enlisted in the military and were sent over to invade another sovereign nation.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join