It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 nuclear events in 10 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

10 nuclear events in 10 days

thewatchers.adorraeli.com

USA

(2) August 12, 2012 – Maryland, Calvert Cliffs – Shutdown

Operators of the Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant in Southern Maryland have shut down one of the two reactors there because a control rod unexpectedly dropped into the reactor core, causing a reduction in power generation, a plant spokesman said Monday.

The 793-MW unit was shut after a leak was identified Aug. 12. Since July, the NRC has been monitoring a gradual increase of unidentified leakage at the reactor and sought safety a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This snippet is just in the USA.

It seemed like a great idea at the time, but they are all getting old and worn out.. the trend that started at the same time is in a few ways "ending" in sinc, and just the same time....

disgraceful!

It was the exact thinking of not caring about their grandkids, but just the mighty dollar.... with this joke on the world, and the oil wars etc, enough is enough! Time for free energy on a worldwide scale.

A friend of mine who works for BC Hydro even said that he thinks the new smart meters may just be free magnetic energy devices, yet they still charge us as if it were hydro.

I hope some how we can all step up together and iradicate these problems from our future!

thewatchers.adorraeli.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
sorry ...
my bad
edit on 19-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I guess I missed it??? What did you say? lol

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

A friend of mine who works for BC Hydro even said that he thinks the new smart meters may just be free magnetic energy devices, yet they still charge us as if it were hydro.

I am sorry,
your post is so schizophrenic, oil isn't a dirty 3 letter word. nor is Hydro. If you consume you should pay, no?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

I am sorry,
your post is so schizophrenic, oil isn't a dirty 3 letter word. nor is Hydro. If you consume you should pay, no?

No kidding....

The point is the hydro company is installing these smart meters, and then charging about 4 times the amount of regular hydro, for device that is now free and off of their own grid even...

It is just about as stupid as buying bottled water from somewhere when the tap water is cleaner, and you have frsh spring water in your back yard...

and oil is a pretty dirty word these days with all of the spills and wars over it.... hello???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Why are there wars over oil? The usa has far more oil than the middle east. So wtf?

Nuclear wouldnt be bad if corporations werent running the plants for profit. These should be co operatives, not corporations.

One of our nuke plants here in southwest michigan is owned by entergy...based out of louisiana. What do they care if michigan is habitable for? Lol.

How much radiation is spread by coal power plants?

I do want to see the license pulled for palisades.....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The point is the hydro company is installing these smart meters, and then charging about 4 times the amount of regular hydro, for device that is now free and off of their own grid even...

so you are the only one to know about smart meters?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

yeah, the whole monopoly game really needs to be stopped now... enough is enough.

Even things like solar panels are out of reach for most. The minimum is like $20,000 to get a house running.

If things like power came out of our taxes, we would see a miraculous cheap free energy device in every home instantly, that was probably even good for the environment....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Not really, there is some major complaining going on all over BC about it on facebook. We are outraged at how the prices have literally gone up 4x what they were whenever one is installed, and they do it randonly, without giving you the choice of keeping it old school..

Not many know that they are off the grid free devices that shouldn't need meters since they are running freely by magnets though..

I think they would snap a bit more once the word gets out on that one.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Not really, there is some major complaining going on all over BC about it on facebook. We are outraged at how the prices have literally gone up 4x what they were whenever one is installed, and they do it randonly, without giving you the choice of keeping it old school..

Not many know that they are off the grid free devices that shouldn't need meters since they are running freely by magnets though..

I think they would snap a bit more once the word gets out on that one.

so your saying a monitoring meter actually charges you 4 times as much ?for the same amount electricity b4 the meter was installed?
I dont quite get what you are saying ..unless you think the meter actually generates power?

"Even things like solar panels are out of reach for most. The minimum is like $20,000 to get a house running. "

20 000 dollars is nothing when you have a mortgage allready , it is a drop in the ocean.....average price of a house here is 170,000 pounds......thats about 250,000 dollars us thats an average 3 bed house ...so adding 20 000 to a mortgage for something to save money with is not a lot....
edit on 19-8-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well crap, two in michigan now huh?

I read about palisades a week or so ago, that place is joke its being run into the ground. Its supposed to be worked on or updated or something blah blah blah...

We need to move on nuclear was not the answer its to volatile. We are leaving enough messes for the next few generations, why leave them with something that has a half life of 24,000 years ?!?!!

As einstien said " Nuclear powed is a hell of a way to boil water."

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Yeah, but most people have no credit or a mortgage, and yeah, the people here are actually going to the MLA and complaining etc is it so out of hand, Bills going from $180, to $3000 in some cases.

Here is an article

www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca...
edit on 19-8-2012 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack

Well crap, two in michigan now huh?

I read about palisades a week or so ago, that place is joke its being run into the ground. Its supposed to be worked on or updated or something blah blah blah...

We need to move on nuclear was not the answer its to volatile. We are leaving enough messes for the next few generations, why leave them with something that has a half life of 24,000 years ?!?!!

As einstien said " Nuclear powed is a hell of a way to boil water."

So true eh!?!

I gave away all of our microwaves that were ever left from tenants etc, and never used a microwave since about 1986.... makes food into rubber!

Yeah, instead of building more, they need to consentrate on safe ways of dismanlting and disposing of their ultra huge mistakes there....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why are there wars over oil? The usa has far more oil than the middle east. So wtf?

Tricky Dick Nixon tied the U.S.Dollar to OPEC Oil and there you have the WAR machine.
It all can be cured if Western countries subsidized gasoline prices at the pump. This I believe would take the speculation out of energy. Face it. Oil really is a renewable resource (when is the last time we saw Saudi Arabia run out, which was supposed to happen in 2008) and isnt a dirty 3 letter word. Only the US Dollar tied to it keeps it inflated.

What is left to do? either crash the sham of the dollar or subsidize consumable energy instead of subsidizing electoral votes.......political rant finished

edit on 19-8-2012 by rebellender because: punctuation fix

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It all can be cured if Western countries subsidized gasoline prices at the pump.

fix

We do subsidize oil by the deaths of soldiers in the middle east and by giving the energy companies a free ride on the pollution they cause.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
cant belive 10 nuclear accidents in 10 days and u talk about smart meters.
In denmark its more expensive to have solar or wind power, then regular power. System doesnt work, get it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

how many people have been murdered in Chicago in the last 14 years then add Miami.

Now go preach to someone who wishes to hear your sermon.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Our civilizations have attempted to harness the good ideas and good will of many good people. Instead, we're left with things like this.

What is good for the economy is not always good for humanity. When the hell are the decision makers going to learn this.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Map of nuclear power plant locations in the USA

Incident rate of Thyroid cancer USA

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join