It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Server injured after being assaulted by woman at Fairview Heights Red Lobster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I realize that news isnt news any more, but I am wondering something here..

Are incidents of this nature becoming all too common, or ARE THEY just being reported MORE these days, for the "shock" value? Kind of like a Jerry Springer newscast?? lol.

Or is it combination of both?

People doing the most crazy things, especially to someone just doing their job..

Paramedics treated a server at a Red Lobster in Fairview Heights on Friday after a customer threw a water glass at her head.

A witness said she saw three female customers get mad because the server was filling up their glasses with water too often.

According to the witness, as the server walked away one of them picked up a water glass and threw it, hitting the victim in the back of the head.

CLICK HERE

What in the world were these three LADIES??? thinking?

Couldnt you just say thank you but no need to return so often to fill our glasses? And even If the server kept returning, just tell them no thank you..and let it be..

Maybe these kind of things happened all the time and were not just reported on?? If this really is getting all too common these days..it makes one think what will it be like if/when things get REALLY bad?

Some peoples children....sigh. well they got arrested...at least that happened..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Ladies
this piece of crap needs to go to jail asap.
Attempted murder if you ask me.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I had heard Red Lobster had been going down hill for quite some time,

but who don't like Cheddar Bay Biscuits?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So now folks are complaining and going nuts because they are actually being serviced sufficiently?? Seriously?

I call this a "lack of home training". The spoiled in the last generation are grown up and are now channeling "thugishness" when they do not get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it, and exactly how they want it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I used to work for Olive Garden, a sister company of Red Lobster. One of the things we were trained to do was to fill drinks often, fill salad refills often, ect. She was doing as she was taught to do, for this job.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
I used to work for Olive Garden, a sister company of Red Lobster. One of the things we were trained to do was to fill drinks often, fill salad refills often, ect. She was doing as she was taught to do, for this job.

I personally love that. I hate to go to a restaurant and run out of drink during the meal. I REALLY hate running out of drink in the middle of the meal and having to finish the meal without a refill. That generally calls for no tip IMO. I will not go back to places who don't come around often enough for refills. She should have gotten a bigger tip...not abused.

The world is filled with idiots.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I waited tables and I will tell you women, run women waitresses like dogs. I'm not trying to bash all women, but some can be nasty creatures when they get in packs.

Perfect example, a girl I knew named Krystal had a female customer keep refering to her as Crystal Meth, while her husband kept apologizing for her. I never, ever caught men being so rude and disrespectful even to male waiters.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You asked:

"What in the world were these three LADIES??? thinking?"

Answer: They are definitely not "LADIES" and they definitely were not thinking. Mob violence is a growing problem in some areas of our cities. Why? You figure it out, I would not be allowed to explain here.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

and no need to even speak

dont want refill ?
place your hand over cup

from your link:

The incident comes just six months after a cell phone video captured four female customers beating up a server at the same restaurant over what they deemed bad service.

In that incident, the victim ended up with cuts on her nose, a swollen eye and was forced to miss a few days of work.

so WTF? did the employees over compensate as a result?

"dem bit*hes be crazy, yo!" :shk:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm hoping at the very least assault and battery charges were filed, if not attempted murder, and a civil suit for damages. I hope the waitress is set for life and never has to work again.

new topics

top topics

join