It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattel to release 'Drag Queen Barbie'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Mattel to release 'Drag Queen Barbie'

www.dailymail.co.uk

Introducing 'drag queen' Barbie! Mattel models its latest doll on cross-dressing designer from fashion label The Blonds
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.facebook.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Nice to see society reflected in mainstream consumer products, media and the like. About time the transgender demographic got its due recognition as significant, active members of the world community.

Best part:
When the predictably aghast, American religio-puritans that will invariably come running with their pitchforks and burning crucifixes!

Wonder if the doll will have a 'bulge'...

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 18-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Best part:
When the predictably aghast, American religio-puritans that will invariably come running with their pitchforks and burning crucifixes!

Do you believe in anything but yourself?

I am a Christian and could not care less if Mattel makes a gay couple Ken doll or a transgender Barbie. If parents want their kids playing with it more power to them.

Why dont you let people show you how they will react instead of jumping to conclusions creating a bias that does not yet exist considering the doll isnt even for sale yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antihero424

Oh why do you jump to ridicule when you know that they are correct. People will be up in arms about this without a doubt. Have you not been out in the world as of late?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I absolutely love this

The long flutter flutter eyelashes...so pretty

love and harmony
Whateav

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Outrage may happen... but it hasn't happened yet. I agree with antihero.
NOT ALL CHRISTIANS CARE THAT OTHERS HAVE DIFFERENT LIFESTYLES.
I am a Christian. Does that mean that I will ridicule others for their lifestyle? No.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey, that man is pretty good lookin'.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That doll looks nothing like a he/she, half and half, curry and rice, Dave-ina, dicked chick, etc.

Daily Mail readers are Christians? Pull the other one!
edit on 18-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Indeed I have and that is exactly why I said what I said. There are enough problems in this world and its people without ASSUMING what people will or will not say. So easy to attack a group for something they MAY do.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Um, it's Barbie.

Still a plastic woman, just designed by a cross dresser.

Where's the controversy?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Shouldn't it be "Drag Queen Ken"?
Just sayin'. Les Girls are, em, not girls....although they are extremely entertaining.....'Priscilla' is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm confused.

There's a cross-dressing Barbie, fashioned in the image of an actual drag queen who looks like Ann Coulter?

How is this fun for kids?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
About time the transgender demographic got its due recognition as significant, active members of the world community.

You mean apart from the fact that the headline and the entire basis of the story is a complete lie.
There is no "drag queen Barbie".

This is just ordinary heterosexual Barbie, that just happens to have a sparkly dress designed by somebody.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antihero424

Of the many people in this world you will have those that want to make their opinion known. I mean just look at how many went out and supported chick fil a recently to make statement and support chick fil a belief. This sentiment is not a religious one really you have atheists that would be enraged by this type of doll hitting the shelves as well people are people and can be down right silly

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh, and, not only is Daily Mail the equivalent of the National Enquirer, but....
"transgender" is not the same as "drag queen."
And "transsexual", and
"transvestite" are different things, also...

And, just in case; DISCLAIMER: I'm a hetero female, married with kids, but I've had plenty of colorful folks in my acquaintance over the decades. And a big fan of Eddie Izzard.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That just looks like Barbie ...?!

If my girls want a gay Barbie, they can just make two Barbies have sex like "we" did as kids

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I wonder how many Daily Mail readers are secretly trannies themselves? It's certainly the demographic that's into kinky stuff, certain class A drugs, the gray areas of homosexuality, and so forth. I'm not joking, by the way - our moral guardians indeed turn out to be the worst offenders on occasion.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
I wonder how many Daily Mail readers are secretly trannies themselves? It's certainly the demographic that's into kinky stuff, certain class A drugs, the gray areas of homosexuality, and so forth. I'm not joking, by the way - our moral guardians indeed turn out to be the worst offenders on occasion.

And this is different from ATS, how?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Nice to see society reflected in mainstream consumer products, media and the like. About time the transgender demographic got its due recognition as significant, active members of the world community.

Best part:

Wonder if the doll will have a 'bulge'...

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 18-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

Well that thing doesn't really look like dude in drag to me.
They should've put a dress on Ken.

Anyways, how sick are we now? Could you imagine the uproar this abnormality
would've caused 30 years ago? They'll do anything for money. Pure evil.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Could you imagine the uproar this abnormality
would've caused 30 years ago?

You mean....1982? Oh, friend......please. Those were the days......
anything was fine. Wow. Good times. Before AIDS, you know.

Ahh, I remember one of my favorite drag queens....always dressed in white, hung out at Tiffany's....(I was a waitron)...used to pick up tourists and shock them up in their hotel rooms......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join