It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion=mass delusion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

The way I see it in an infinite universe nothing can be considered normal and there are infinite possibilities. Now when someone comes and tries to tell me they have the answers and they are right above all others thats what gets me annoyed. and thats why this thread was started.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Cleaning your yard right now my dear - equilibrium is where it should be! - It's all good - don't get lost in the words of the big book - doing what's right is all that really matters.

I have total respect for your opinions/beliefs even though they differ from mine.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Sure. We are both blind men describing fire. When that fire touches your life personally, remember how you feel about the sinner as you prosecute him in court. It's all good until if affects you personally. Imagine how God feels when the sinners are ALL going against one very simple law. Love other as yourself. There's nothing complicated about true religion and belief. It's founded on the will to give and receive only. The problem comes when we understand that we know but do not apply. How is our world doing on the application of truth right now as we watch starving children produced by war and greed? At some point, we will all cry for the saving aspect of this verse to be fulfilled:

Matthew 24

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Can you ignore Matthew 24? Really? Have a listen and compare to our day. Oddly enough, Christ said that the generation that sees the fig tree bloom (Israel become a nation) will see these novelty events take place. It says it will be like child birth. Can you make a comparison? LISTEN

This is not delusion spoken from some crazy Christian. This is ACTUAL events you are seeing NOW! A rational mind knows what an image is and what casts the image. God draws the future into the past so we can see it come by. It comes by once as the image in words and once as it passes in the actual events. What more could you possibly need to believe? Nothing in the Word can be faulted or removed from the very context it is placed in. It covers all aspects of the universe around you.

Speaking of delusion..

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

That's a slippery slope. We go through life with many delusions - many shared nearly universally. To lock our doors at night and fall asleep feeling safe is delusional. The average home can be entered without much effort at all. But we all kind of agree to avoid making eye contact with this reality as a form of mass delusion.

Assuming we have any future beyond *now* is delusional really. I have no guarantee that I won't die in ten seconds. Should that realization prevent me from making plans for the future?

I've encountered a couple of uppity religious folk in real life and there were annoying but not insufferable. I've also known a few hard-core atheists who were just as annoying and preachy about their beliefs - and just as insistent upon wanting others to convert.

If having faith in something helps a person make it through the day... then what's the harm? I'm not talking about religion - bad things have been happening in the name of religion for all of human history. Faith is different. Faith is simply the choice to believe or not to believe - in essence. I know a lot of people, including me - who believe but who don't feel a strong need to discuss it openly.

Being angry with religion I can understand. But how can anybody be angered over something as simple as whether or not another person chooses to believe?

My .02 cents.

~Heff

well stated.

I posted this in response to in your face whether you want to hear it or not preaching lunatics. I live in the city and just going out of the house sometimes means having some strange religious person following you down the street a couple hundred yards screaming their belief in your ear. Crack heads that for some reason feel they are spiritually above the rest completely misconstruing even the most straightforward bits of religious text mixed in with several other religious beliefs making it some sort of strange crack den religion. It gets pretty bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by XeroOne

The way I see it in an infinite universe nothing can be considered normal and there are infinite possibilities. Now when someone comes and tries to tell me they have the answers and they are right above all others thats what gets me annoyed. and thats why this thread was started.

Totally with you on that. Unfortunately you can't argue with people on that extreme, because they resort to their own logic. For example, you could point out major flaws in whatever scriptures, and they'll reply with something like: "I know this book is true" or "You can know whether the book is true by praying about it".

The only way of destroying an ideology is to attack the root assumptions that ideology is built on. But is it morally right to destroy something that provides a support network for many people? What are the dangers of destroying a religion without something to replace it?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Can you ignore Matthew 24? Really? Have a listen and compare to our day. Oddly enough, Christ said that the generation that sees the fig tree bloom (Israel become a nation) will see these novelty events take place. It says it will be like child birth.

Really stating that a fig tree is Isreal is not delusional?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

reply to post by XeroOne

Totally with you on that. Unfortunately you can't argue with people on that extreme, because they resort to their own logic. For example, you could point out major flaws in whatever scriptures, and they'll reply with something like: "I know this book is true" or "You can know whether the book is true by praying about it".

The only way of destroying an ideology is to attack the root assumptions that ideology is built on. But is it morally right to destroy something that provides a support network for many people? What are the dangers of destroying a religion without something to replace it?

The day I removed religion from my life and realized it was foolish it was like a great burden was lifted. I have become a better person all around since that day as well. I believe that sudden realization is the best way. Constant doubt creates stress and therefore quality of life and the burden of uncertain reality become hard to bare. I say the foundation needs a swift and mighty blow.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

it is on you to prove God does not exist...

we the majority know God exists -- (planet wide)

you the minority are like a kid who will not sit still in class and skips school,

...and we all know what happens to those who skip class

they get left behind.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You're fortunate if that was an easy move. It's a very lonely path when criticism and honesty gets you ostracised from the political/religious movements that might have been a second family or support network. Not everyone is strong enough to go down that road. This is what's at stake when destroying an ideology.
It may even be dangerous, as that need for acceptance could drive followers to turn to something else.
edit on 19-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Can you ignore Matthew 24? Really? Have a listen and compare to our day. Oddly enough, Christ said that the generation that sees the fig tree bloom (Israel become a nation) will see these novelty events take place. It says it will be like child birth.

Fig

In Jeremiah 23:5; God says:

"Behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and also prosper, and shall execute judgement and justice in the earth.

No more delusional than a bear being Russia or the Eagle being the United States. Jesus cursed the Fig tree for not producing fruit in the first century. This is reflective of his entering the temple (Earth) the first time. Shortly after, he went into the Temple (Man made) and overturned the tables of the moneychangers and turned over the benches of the ones selling doves. Again, this is symbolism foreshadowing his first act as king entering the temple today. Why?

What has happened today as our wake-up call that Jesus is entering the temple (Earth) again? Do the ones selling peace have any rest today? Are the financial tables turned? What do the peace makers use to sell peace? They use money for influence to purchase peace. That day and age is over. The tables are turned and Babylon is falling. This time, Jesus is at the right hand of God. When we actually see him here as a presence, his enemies will be completely his footstool. It's happening all around us already.

If you fail to see the symbols, you will miss what is happening and why. There is a day coming when the NWO will make a move on mankind and God will desolate them in one moment. It won't be by might or strength. It will be by the spirit of the people who are moved by truth. Again, we already see this happening all around us if you have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Jeremiah 24:5-7: Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans, for their good.

For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down, and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.

And I will give them an heart to know me, that "I AM" the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Jesus knew there were no figs on the tree even at a great distance away, and indeed everyone of the disciples knew that the season for figs was still early a little early. So, in essence Jesus was exposing the disciples to the fact that their nation of Israel was not yet ready to produce fruit for the Lord either. But alas, remember, a fig tree produces not one harvest, but two harvests in a growing season.

edit on 19-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hi you may feel this thread to be trollish in nature but I assure you it is here with the purpose of opening your eyes.

You can not prove your religion to be fact

You cannot prove that your religion is right and all others are wrong

there is no fact at all in your beliefs

You cannot prove that your religion was not indeed spawned by the antagonist in your story

You let your lives and thoughts revolve around things that should not be considered serious

\
You cant prove anybody else is nothing more than a figment of your own imagination.

In fact I created you in my imagination because I want to feel superior. It was the easiest thing to imagine and feel superior to.
Self righteous, arrogant trolls (by your own definition) are easy to feel superior to.
Surely I couldnt imagine someone so silly???

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Try reaching out to our Loving Creator in a sincere, trusting and faithful Fellowship that you be Guided and Directed to Truth (that is often at a disparity with organised religion).You may be quite surprised where a leap of faith takes you.

It is meant to be a personal walk with outreach and mine in Blessing has led me to the Truth in Christ Yehushua irrespective of any organised church and religion.

edit on 19-8-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi OP I am an Athiest , i don't like relligion and think the planet would be much better off without it.

I cannot prove that God does not exist
I cannot prove that i am right and other's are wrong
There is no fact in my belief
I cannot prove that my belief was not indeed spawned by the antagonist in my story
I let my life and thoughts revolve around things that should not be conisderd seroius (boy do i ever)

Do i believe that the rest of the world is delusional because they do not share my belief? I most certainly DO NOT, every individual is free to believe in what they want and it is not my place to preach to them any different.

YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THE REST OF US JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN ANY PARTICULAR BRAND OF RELIGION. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES AND STOP PREACHING AT THE REST OF THE WORLD YOU ONLY SHOW US HOW DELUSIONAL AND FOOLISH YOU ARE..................

Stop forcing your delusions on others

[/quote
The last past you wrote just sounds like you think your above everyone else because you believe in your perticular brand of thinking, So get off your high horse and stop preaching at the rest of the world, your making yourself look delusional and foolish.

Stop forcing your belief on other, let everyone believe in what they want, its folk like you cause the troubles.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

it is on you to prove God does not exist...

we the majority know God exists -- (planet wide)

you the minority are like a kid who will not sit still in class and skips school,

...and we all know what happens to those who skip class

they get left behind.

Im like the kid eh? You want to shove religion down the throats of others so you are the one who needs to supply the proof. The rest of the world does not believe in your god. There are many religions in the world and they all believe the others are lies

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What is delusional is the inability to understand that all nomenclature, language, ideologies ALL of them including the religion of science, REQUIRE agreed upon assumptions to be understood.

This is not mumbo jumbo friend. If a person who speaks hindi starts talking to you do you declare them delusional, ignorant and stupid? You must.. because the words coming out of their mouth make absolutely no sense to you.

You don't actually know anything about religion. Or Christianity based on the messages you've written so far. But because you speak English i have correctly determined you are ignorant.

Before you start declaring ideologies stupid, ignorant or lacking why not prove your own ideology. Or is it so full of unprovable belief you've been left blinded with a foolish superiority complex?

You asking an intelligent Christian to prove their experience of God is like me asking you to prove 1+1=2 or A=A. Do you understand you have NO proof. Both are unprovable assumptions that require us both to agree on some understanding to even begin to make any sense.

Lay off the religion of science's teet and see if you can figure something out on your own. These threads are absolutely ignorant, juvenile and idiotic.

Go read up on linguistics and nomenclature and allow yourself to admit that you have been programmed with the ideology of the day. And the fruits of this ideology are disgusting and vile bordering on Evil. See the wars? See the death and carnage? The hate? Simply KNOW that NONE of this is done by any of the TRUE believers in the old religions. The rulers of this world are not Christians, Muslims, Jews etc. They are the ones that have programmed your mind to hate and be ignorant.

edit on 19-8-2012 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The problem is: What do you do when the unknown answers back and start to guide you to an understanding of reality on another level. Just because you cannot understand different religons and what they are there for do not mean they are not useful for the right seeker to understand something.

If you truely seek truth above what you want reality to be then you will find the truth and proof of god and not just faith.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Would it make any difference if it COULD be proven?

Had to star you for that.

You: LOOK! Here is absolute proof that Jesus is god!
Me: Holy cow! It's true!
You: Praise Jesus! Praise God!
(silent moment of reflection, then,)
Me: So, you working tomorrow?
You: Yeah, I gotta finish a report by Friday.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by XeroOne

The way I see it in an infinite universe nothing can be considered normal and there are infinite possibilities.

Sorry, I disagree with this. All possibilities must conform to the laws of nature. So, not quite infinite.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeep proof goes a long way in my way of viewing reality but I do understand that own experiances can be hard to prove to another.
. But then some people will be closeminded to any proof you give since they do not want to know. I can understand that. Knowing to much and understand to much can sometimes be uncomfortable especially to the ego/mind.

If not even religious people can accept that chakras are real and a gift from god then how are we supposed to explain it to atheists caught up in duality just like some of the religious people.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Had to star you for that.

You: LOOK! Here is absolute proof that Jesus is god!
Me: Holy cow! It's true!
You: Praise Jesus! Praise God!
(silent moment of reflection, then,)
Me: So, you working tomorrow?
You: Yeah, I gotta finish a report by Friday.

Reminds me of that cartoon skit from the Bugsbunny Roadrunner hour, with the Wolf and the Sheepdog, who greet each other when punching in and out for the day, but who are otherwise locked in a conflict they can no more avoid than they could change their character, although the Wolf would often attempt to put on a sheep outfit (with zipper) in an effort to steal one of the sheep that the Sheepdog is charged with the responsibility to guard and protect, except in this case it almost sounds like we might be on the same page..?!

punching out

"G'night Sam!"

"G'night Ralph!"

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

not everything in this reality feels right.

If it was proven that the first man was spat from the vagina of a pig/dragon would that "feel" right?

If it was true, it might?!

Btw you'd just love the writing of an author by the name of Terry Pratchett. His satirical fantasy world called discworld dimly mirrors our own, in a hilarious parady, while dealing with the very deepest of human issues and absurdities, mixed with some very interesting and often hilarious metaphysical speculations. I love it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join