It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion=mass delusion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi you may feel this thread to be trollish in nature but I assure you it is here with the purpose of opening your eyes.

You can not prove your religion to be fact

You cannot prove that your religion is right and all others are wrong

there is no fact at all in your beliefs

You cannot prove that your religion was not indeed spawned by the antagonist in your story

You let your lives and thoughts revolve around things that should not be considered serious

You all believe the rest of the world is delusional because they dont share your beliefs but the rest of the world feels the same about you

YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THE REST OF US JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN ANY PARTICULAR BRAND OF RELIGION. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES AND STOP PREACHING AT THE REST OF THE WORLD YOU ONLY SHOW US HOW DELUSIONAL AND FOOLISH YOU ARE..................

Stop forcing your delusions on others

"So, If one person has an imaginary friend, they are crazy. But.. If a group of people have the same imaginary friend, it's a religion"

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Um, where are YOU coming from?

This IS the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That would be why this is posted in this forum. It is a general outcry toward those on the internet and in the real world who treat anyone who isnt branded by their label to be evil or ignorant. I am agnostic but believe in a higher power (in some form or another) but am treated like I worship evil and death for it on a regular basis. Probably more of a rant here I suppose

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
2000yrs later, someone got it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

education is the key...

Jung saw the human psyche as "by nature religious",[3] and made this religiousness the focus of his explorations.[4] Jung is one of the best known contemporary contributors to dream analysis and symbolization.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

education is the key...

Jung saw the human psyche as "by nature religious",[3] and made this religiousness the focus of his explorations.[4] Jung is one of the best known contemporary contributors to dream analysis and symbolization.

en.wikipedia.org...

You posted the opinion of a man not a fact

link   

Would it make any difference if it COULD be proven?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Jung was holding a college seminar on archetypes in the 30s when he was approached by a young female student that was visibly upset. Jung asked her what was troubling her. Then, she accused Jung of being an atheist. Jung was confused and asked the student where she had gotten that idea. The student paraphrased a quote she had read in which Jung said he didn't believe God existed. Jung smiled and said "Dear girl, rest easy, when we have a relationship to a particular thing or experience with it - belief/faith ceases to be a factor. The truth is this, I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God. So, I will never say that I believe that God exists. I must say I know God exists!"

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

link   

truth is fact...

link   

IF and I say if it could be proven and there was infallible proof in why we are here and what was expected of us then it would make a difference. People base their beliefs in what "FEELS" right instead of what they can prove accurate. Insane people "FEEL" that the Deformed squid/clown in their brain is real but just because they feel it to be so doesnt mean it is

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Prove what you say is truth before proclaiming it to be true just because you believe it to be so

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I believe there is a "god" - just don't think you need man made religion to get in touch with him. Obviously, the idea of religion has been used by man for very cruel purposes.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Prove what you say is truth before proclaiming it to be true just because you believe it to be so

majority rules...

God exists because the majority of the planet wills it so.

afterall the sky is blue, and we came to that conclusion somehow (via agreement)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

IF and I say if it could be proven and there was infallible proof in why we are here and what was expected of us then it would make a difference. People base their beliefs in what "FEELS" right instead of what they can prove accurate. Insane people "FEEL" that the Deformed squid/clown in their brain is real but just because they feel it to be so doesnt mean it is

If it could be proven, then it would also feel right too wouldn't it, because what is "knowledge" if it isn't the knowledge of personal experience, in this case knowledge both that God exists AND is ineffible.

If only the deformed sqid/clown (which could signify everything that isn't rational) would get out of the way!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Although I completely agree with you, what ISN'T a mass delusion these days? Im pretty sure were all delusional about our perspective views on what "reality is"....we don't have any foundation of truth for which to compare our "reality"....this is all we know so by "god" it better be REAL!! right?

politics = mass delusion
patriotism = mass delusion
MSM = mass delusion
government = mass delusion
society = mass delusion

its almost like we have to be delusional to some degree for this world to work as it does today...I know that a large portion of the world we live in today wouldn't be possible without delusional people (voters, tax payers, politicians, terrorists, military, boogey-men, Santa clause etc etc...)

I'm not defending religion here but its one of the more obvious delusional constructs within this "reality"...but comparatively...its no different than many of the other constructs of this "reality" we consider "legitimate"...

edit on 18-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

majority rules...

God exists because the majority of the planet wills it so.

afterall the sky is blue, and we came to that conclusion somehow (via agreement)

Im sorry but that thinking is extremely ridiculous

Was the earth flat just because the majority believed it to be so?

It is people like you that this whole thread is about...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Hi you may feel this thread to be trollish in nature but I assure you it is here with the purpose of opening your eyes.

You cannot prove that your religion is right and all others are wrong

there is no fact at all in your beliefs

You cannot prove that your religion was not indeed spawned by the antagonist in your story

You let your lives and thoughts revolve around things that should not be considered serious

You all believe the rest of the world is delusional because they dont share your beliefs but the rest of the world feels the same about you

YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THE REST OF US JUST BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN ANY PARTICULAR BRAND OF RELIGION. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES AND STOP PREACHING AT THE REST OF THE WORLD YOU ONLY SHOW US HOW DELUSIONAL AND FOOLISH YOU ARE..................

Stop forcing your delusions on others

"So, If one person has an imaginary friend, they are crazy. But.. If a group of people have the same imaginary friend, it's a religion"

If you were hearing anything that a Christian is saying on ATS, it is the fact that we are ALL sinners together. We are all in this thing together. Any Christian will tell you the same story. We need to look beyond our sinful nature to an ideal that is higher than any of us cling to currently. We live in a world in debt that is on the edge of destroying the very world we need to survive. Why is that? I can fill you in very simply.

God promotes giving and receiving as a proper foundation for our will to act.

Man has shown himself to be a thief and express this by the will to take.

Which of these will the Christian be required to express if he is true to his religion?

You accurately point out the fact that we are all sinners. Christians are no exception and neither are you. We are equal in this. When you view your comments above, are you saying you are above the state we all find ourselves in? If I am not mistaken, you are condemning Christians by a pretext of the same.

edit on 18-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Although I completely agree with you, what ISN'T a mass delusion these days? Im pretty sure were all delusional about our perspective views on what "reality is"....we don't have any foundation of truth for which to compare our "reality"....this is all we know so by "god" it better be REAL!! right?

politics = mass delusion
patriotism = mass delusion
MSM = mass delusion
government = mass delusion
society = mass delusion

its almost like we have to be delusional to some degree for this world to work as it does today...I know that a large portion of the world we live in today wouldn't be possible without delusional people (voters, tax payers, politicians, terrorists, military, boogey-men, Santa clause etc etc...)

I'm not defending religion here but its one of the more obvious delusional constructs within this "reality"...but comparatively...its no different than many of the other constructs of this "reality" we consider "legitimate"...

edit on 18-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

haha you have a point

in an infinite universe how can we consider even the most mundane things to be normal
edit on 18-8-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

not everything in this reality feels right.

If it was proven that the first man was spat from the vagina of a pig/dragon would that "feel" right?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I do not generalize the masses here I only make statement toward those that behave in this way. I have friends of several faiths that do not behave or think this way and that is why I can call them friends to this day. They do not force their doctrine down my throat and do not hold themselves above me in any way due to my own opinions on the matter

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join