posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
Originally posted by paleorchid13
What is wrong with our educational system?
1. Teaching to a test, which in some states is the main determiner of passing.
2. Passing kids who fail too often.
3. Putting in too severely a special need student with the more advanced. You have to teach to their level, leaving bored kids in the classroom.
4. Teaching a mile wide, but 2 inches deep.
5. The habit of moving bad teachers into principal's positions, to get them out of your school, due to tenure.
6. Teachers do more paperwork than teaching, in a lot of states.
7. Parents no longer reinforce the edicts of the teachers in the classroom. (Yes, a bit mixed, with that, but parents blame the teachers instead of
the kids, when they fail, now.)
And this is just the tip of the iceberg.