It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have i been duped? Jesus Christ is legit ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
which church is not corrupt? where can i seek to find the authentic message of Christ ?

in me?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The church of Scientology friend...the church of Scientology.

Seriously...every church is corrupt...religion has been corrupted since its beginning.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

None and Yes. Good luck and God bless.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
which church is not corrupt? where can i seek to find the authentic message of Christ ?

in me?

Come to my church friend we accept everyone.
wallets to the right, wives and daughters to the left and your own free pair of black nikes when you join
).

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Try the Gospels, but read them with an open mind free from any sort of apriori anti-religious bias. He's in there you can find him there.

link   
Basically read the Bible and pray asking for guidance.

link   
reply to post by Th0r

Learn about what the figure Christ stood for.
I think it's a higher way of existence for a human, on many levels. (Forgiveness, etc.)

I feel like Christ may be simply a state of "consciousness".
Strive to be an honest, giving person and you are following that Way - Christ-ian terms is Jesus' way.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Read matthew, mark, luke and john.... Even thomas

Don't waste your time with any church...

His words are there for all to read... And you don't need a church to read them...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
thank you for the quick responses

God bless you all

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Jesus was a buddhist

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
According to Columbia PhD in Ancient History Dr. Richard Carrier, Jesus never existed.
edit on 18-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Ya but who asked him?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

in me?

John chapter 6, 1 Corinthians chapter 15, Galatians, and I suggest a non-denominational church that teaches the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret
According to Columbia PhD in Ancient History Dr. Richard Carrier, Jesus never existed.
edit on 18-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

He is a member of the minority within academia then. It is widely accepted even by secular historians and academics that Jesus of Nazareth was a real historical figure, and there is ample evidence to indicate he was crucified between 30-36 AD.

en.wikipedia.org...

Another thing to consider:

If he did not exist, why is he mentioned in the Jewish Talmud? Why would the Jewish scribes, who would have loathed Christ's claims, mention him if he did not exist? Why not simply state categorically that the whole thing was made up?

When two other religions (other than Christianity) mention the man, there is a very good chance he existed. That says nothing of the other sources which mention him (like roman records, and historians). There is a wealth of evidence for the historicity of Jesus. People who claim otherwise are simply sticking their heads in the sand.

Edit:

To address the OP, my suggestion would be to read the new testament. Personally, I would recommend a parallel bible (one which has the king james on the left, and new international on the right). I believe the King James to be the closest translation we have in english, but depending on your familiarity with old english, you may find it difficult to read (which is where having the NIV on the other page to cross reference comes in handy).

As for churches, it is important to remember that nobody is perfect. You can look at a church as a collection of people who have all realized they are so lacking and so corrupt, that they have surrendered to christ and come together in that regard. Yes, human organizations are subject to corruption, but there are good churches out there. The benefit of a church is to learn things which may not occur to you immediately, and to help you grow and understand the scriptures more. Questions will inevitably arise within your search for the truth, and having a church can help you find some of the answers, or at least give you more opinions and support.

But the best place to start to find out about Jesus is his own words in the New Testament.
edit on 18-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
John chapter 6, 1 Corinthians chapter 15, Galatians, and I suggest a non-denominational church that teaches the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I was in such church. They taught the baptism of the Holy Spirit but still didn't get it right. To be truly born of the Spirit, you no longer desire the things the flesh craves for - any 'normal', 'average', secular man or woman wants in this life.

There is nothing it between, there is no excuse, there is no compromise. You can't say, you can expect, have and want the good things in life as long as you love God more.

You are to hate them the things of the flesh and love the things of God, the things of the Spirit. You can't excuse, you love God so much that other things become objects of hate - relatively speaking. There is no relative, it has to be absolute. You are to absolutely hate the things of the flesh to be truly born of the Spirit.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

When two other religions (other than Christianity) mention the man, there is a very good chance he existed. That says nothing of the other sources which mention him (like roman records, and historians). There is a wealth of evidence for the historicity of Jesus. People who claim otherwise are simply sticking their heads in the sand.

Lets not forget the testimony of various different nonchristian people like Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, Marabar Sarapion, Flavius Josephus and...the name of Yeshua carved into the ossuaries of Simon bar Jonah (Simon Peter) and other Apostles whose tombs have been found.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Dude, there is only one Holy Spirit and our spirits still war with our flesh. Paul bemoaned this reality and longed for the day he could be free from the flesh. Just because we are born again doesn't mean we cannot be tempted. Christ was even tempted after the Holy Spirit descended upon Him like a dove. And yes, you begin to love the things of God and hate the things He hates. He changes us to both will and to do of His good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13)

edit on 18-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Eh if you absolutely must believe in jesus as god then just find a place preaching love and peace rather than hatred and hell. If you look really hard you will find one version of the belief that isnt spitting hatred at you. You may be searching for quite a while though. anyway why not just burn your bible and believe in what you feel is right and wrong... worshiping the pagan gods is coming back in style maybe you can test the waters there.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by corporateslave
Jesus was a buddhist

Nah, couldn't have been. If he had he would have cast the demon out of the Dalai Lama's state oracle and then no more Buddhism:

Skip to 1:26 in this one to get right to the Nechung going into trance possession:

OP: Good luck in your search. Yeshua won't let you down!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would also like to mention a few churches you should stay away from at all costs (I do not intend to offend anyone, and this is entirely based on my own personal opinion):

-7th day adventists
-Mormons
-Jehovah's Witnesses
-Christian Science
-Unitarians
-Catholics (gonna get roasted for this one, I'm sure
)

My basis for this is rooted in the fact that each of these organizations do not base their doctrine SOLELY on the Holy Bible, and have either added doctrine and Dogma of their own, or subtracted from or edited the Bible in very telling ways, which can be proven against original manuscripts of the King James.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join