It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Exercise in Forgiving and Forgiveness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have spent many years now on the forum, so I thought I would try a little spiritual exercise in forgiving and forgiveness.

I will prolly regret this tomorrow,

I apologies for anyone's feeling I may have hurt down through the years.

This is the first and longest message of Jesus,

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,

for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Pray for peace.

What if we all gave it a rest, what if there really was little time left and what if the solution was simply, humble ourselves and pray?
edit on 073131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hmmm, very interesting so far.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Beautiful,

Perfect example of a spiritual exercise.

I believe things like this can change the world.

edit on 18-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
Beautiful,

Perfect example of a spiritual exercise.

I believe things like this can change the world.

edit on 18-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

I believe the message Christ gave us was simple, without a shadow of a doubt the ability to love would solve all the worlds problems.

It is so simple, a simple solution was given.

Yet it is the most difficult thing to accomplish,
Love your enemies.

Thanks for posting

edit on 083131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
WOW.

love you thank you for posting this.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
WOW.

love you thank you for posting this.

Love you too.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

why do you say this?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

why do you say this?

Fear I guess, fear.

God Is Love
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Funny, but I was talking to a friend on this topic a few days ago. It didn't dawn on me at the time, but forgiveness comes down to two basic things. Love and understanding. People have different reasons for doing different things. Good bad or indifferent, if you understand why people do what they do, the more you can appreciate the good things they do and the more you can understand the indifferent or bad things they do. When you understand the bad things they do, you can forgive them. When you understand the good, the more you can appreciate it and love them for it. The same goes for yourself as well.

When people think of love, they typically think of a high degree of infatuation. It's a lot more then just that. If you ever get the point in your life when you love someone because you understand them first, you'll know what I mean. There might be something about what you understand about them that you can kind of feel a "kinship" with, and that's when love walks in the door. Ironically, this is also the type of love that people typically associate with with pure, innocent "puppy love". Sorry, but you don't get to this point by being pure and innocent. You get to this point by having so much experience under your belt that you don't care about that type of experience anymore. You want to take it to the next level, and that's a level of maturity that a lot of people can't seem to attain.

I'm not a religious person, but I've found that a lot of what I believe walks hand in hand what with they claim Jesus taught. This is one of those things. I'm reminded of that passage "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do". It's just that I'm not as passive about it as most people think you should be when you have that level understanding on your side. All that new age, turn the other cheek attitude that is typically associated with people who believe such things.........that's not me. I just don't see how you can be both positive and influential at the same time, while being passive.

Anyway, that's my take on take.

Good topic Storm

top topics

join