It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Bayou Massive Sinkhole ; The Birth of a Super Volcano ? (100 Hiroshima bombs)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by damingus

The problem is that the info has come from Dutchsinse, who has been proven (repeatedly) to be totally clueless on pretty much every aspect of the geological processes. The claim he makes is so ludicrous i do not even know where to begin. However, i am not surprised as he has a huge back catalogue of form with preposterous claims.

Dutchsinse is like Sorcha Faal in terms of reliability.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hi Stereo. What could is explode is the butane stored underground next to it. That's why they are drilling the relief wells. Though I agree the volcano stuff is ridiculous. I live less than 30 miles from it. We have sink holes all the time, but this one is worrying, just because of the butane and radioactive material near it. It has grown at an alarming rate.....and the local news here is talking about the officials being concerned about the butane exploding.....but no Hiroshimas or super volcanos mentioned
. I must admit, I'm keeping a close eye on it though. One can never be 100% sure. After the BP fiasco, I believe less than half of what I hear.....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks. Released gasses do pose a threat when they become well mixed with the atmosphere before ignition. Such an event happened in the Soviet Union when a train ignited a gas leak from a gas pipeline. In that case the gas line crew increased pump pressure as the line pressure dropped. They should have shut the pumps down and searched for the cause of the pressure leak.

www.history.com...

One method is to treat a leaking flammable by setting it on fire to avoid a subsequent powerful explosion.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Wow....I hope they can avoid that. All that butane would cause one hell of a boom.

The Crosstex salt cavern, which holds 940,000 barrels of liquid butane under pressure, is 1,600 feet from the sinkhole on the adjacent Texas Brine Co. LLC property south of La. 70 south.

This is from the Baton Rouge newspaper The advocate ....the latest.
theadvocate.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Great article. Thanks for the interesting read.

I think breaking windows at 2/3 of a mile is pretty big even if it is not atomic bomb sized.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Hi Stereo. What could is explode is the butane stored underground next to it. That's why they are drilling the relief wells. Though I agree the volcano stuff is ridiculous. I live less than 30 miles from it. We have sink holes all the time, but this one is worrying, just because of the butane and radioactive material near it. It has grown at an alarming rate.....and the local news here is talking about the officials being concerned about the butane exploding.....but no Hiroshimas or super volcanos mentioned
. I must admit, I'm keeping a close eye on it though. One can never be 100% sure. After the BP fiasco, I believe less than half of what I hear.....

Thank you. This is exactly what i shouldve said from the beginning. I thought stereo watched the video but i can understand why he didnt. I didnt know dutchsinse was b.s.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

1992 On April 7, a salt dome cavern used to store LPG & similar products was overfilled, leading to an uncontrolled release of highly volatile liquids (HVLs) from a salt dome storage cavern near Brenham, Texas, formed a large, heavier-than-air gas cloud that later exploded.

en.wikipedia.org...

It rattled windows in Houston, 60+ miles away. It can make a big kaboom.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

On the plus side (if it does go BOOM), does that mean you could claim new windows and doors from the company responsible for the sinkhole?

Always try to find the positives!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hi Flav.....good to see you again! I suppose you could, though I really don't want to find out. But yes, that's an optimistic attitude. I just heard on the news (in the next room) there are more bubbles coming up from a different location....BRB, I'm going to see what they are saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hmmm not much news...just that there are more bubbles. I'll update if I hear more though.
www.theadvertiser.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Super volcano would possibly be the end of us all. Well it is 2012 it's the end of the world man.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is where I have been getting some of my information on this mess in Assumption Parish. They have been picking up traces of acetone. I have yet to study up on that.

assumptionla.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Any update on this? Anyone living in the area that could fill us in. Nobody talking about this anymore is actually kind of scary

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Lack of chatter probably means that the sinkhole has stopped increasing in size. It was a collapse. These collapses are not uncommon. This one was notable due to its proximity to industrial activity.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

www.examiner.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.examiner.com...
www.examiner.com...
edit on 24-8-2012 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
that coming storm will make things worst
imagine if that area got flooded and the radiation spread
if water comes in the sinkhole .. it will fracture the ground and make it soft

i have a bad feeling for this weekend because of that storm

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm in the area (30 miles from the sinkhole)The storm shouldn't be a problem....it will barely be a category 1 and will be east of here IF the forcast stays the same. If anyone wants the latest news, here's a link to our local news channel. PLEASE don't get your news from the Examiner....
This channel has all the real news
www.wafb.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I thought the problem was due to the things they're storing there underground...butane. Did the salt mine collapse? Or they think it might have a crack? And due to the chemicals they are storing...there could be an explosion....

So, the volcano theroy...not buying it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I'm in the area (30 miles from the sinkhole)The storm shouldn't be a problem....it will barely be a category 1 and will be east of here IF the forcast stays the same. If anyone wants the latest news, here's a link to our local news channel. PLEASE don't get your news from the Examiner....
This channel has all the real news
www.wafb.com...

There is a storm coming and its prudent not to trust the news these day
how many time were they wrong about not warning people in time from a real coming disaster
they are already talking about massive flooding and landslide
the ground is extremely dry and fragile at the moment because of the most biggest drought in US history
and with this sink hole apparently full of radiation .. the flooding will be extremely dangerous
because the water will spread the radiation on massive distance
and it will help the sinkhole grow even larger

So Please Kat .. just be carefull

maybe have a familly vacation somewhere
better be safe and away then stock near this time bomb when the storm hit on monday

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We have had many aircraft mishaps/accidents where nuclear bombs were released in an emergency. Most were never recovered.

I know there's a hydrogen bomb in the mud in Georgia. Hopefully this isnt "one of them":

www.lutins.org...

Who knows what will happen in the future as those nuclear assemblies decompose. As someone mentioned, this might be from the underground flammable storage....we've been stockpiling energy resources heavily for awhile.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join