Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Louisiana Bayou Massive Sinkhole ; The Birth of a Super Volcano ? (100 Hiroshima bombs)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well had it been a big pool of magma down there we would have seen some kind of hydrothermal activity, and probably a fair bit of uplift.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The OP should study geology a bit more.

It won't matter, people will buy into it and wait for the lava.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Attached is an article. No where does it mention volcanic activity. I am not sure where the idea of a super volcano comes from. The person above is correct, wouldn't we see an up-lift not a sinking? Also isn't the speculation that the Gulf of Mexico was formed by a meteor hit? I am not saying that is true, but I read it somewhere.

I think this is just the Earth showing us how much damage we really have caused. People will go to great lengths to protect wild-life but having someone (company) store potentially harmful substances in someone backyard, not many scream.

Sinkhole leaves small Assumption Parish community shaken

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Umm, not to intrude, but how do you make the jump from salt deposit to supervolcano?

Where is there evidence for a magma chamber under there? Evidence for salt, yes...but evidence of a magma chamber? Where?

It's a Super Saltcano!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
2nd dbl post today withing minutes of each other my bad.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I live 200 miles away from there in Louisiana. If it were to explode, I'd be safe... right?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

What is going to explode? Is the salt going to explode? Is the water going to explode?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
remember when the well in the gulf ruptured? and every extreme conspiratorial theory was the gulf was going to explode... this seems just like that..
also like when yellowstone started rumblein back in 08.. it was time to evacuate the park.. umm that was a dud also...
Getting caught up in uneducated fear is easy,, but we should at least try to think rationally

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I would like to know YOUR credentials! You keep saying that this cant happen but have no proof whatsoever to back it up.....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

Who I am or who you are is of no consequence. The issue at hand is this really loony claim of a sinkhole becoming a volcano. Do you really believe that a volcano can begin as a surface event? I'm skipping over the completely idiotic claim of supervolcano.

Please ask some specific questions if you have any.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising
I live 200 miles away from there in Louisiana. If it were to explode, I'd be safe... right?

I think so
these weird signs happening near this massive sinkhole
is quite worrying .. nothing good can come out of that kind of phenomenon
let just hope no explosion or super volcano erupt there
the devastation would be apocalyptic

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What is going to explode.

It certainly won't be volcano.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Ben81

What is going to explode.

It certainly won't be volcano.

but the result of the explosion
could make a hole through the crust and release magma
we already know the earth is starting to shift
thats why we have so many sinkhole and earthquake
it will get worst .. and the louisiana sinkhole is now a weak spot
maybe another tremors and everything will crack
the area is very fragile at the moment .. thats why they are starting evacuating people

wish i had the scene when woody laugh after he heard the word "Unstable" in the 2012 movie
edit on 8/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

your right. The land mass will not explode. IT WILL SINK INSTEAD. The land is sinking. Where's noah and the ark.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

the area is very fragile at the moment .. thats why they are starting evacuating people

wish i had the scene when woody laugh after he heard the word "Unstable" in the 2012 movie

You keep insisting on an explosion. What is going to explode.

There certainly is nothing there that can explode or could make a tens of miles deep hole through the crust.

Sinkholes are not due to an Earth shift. They are due to surface rocks dissolving.

A basic course in geology is useful in that it becomes possible to avoid making embarrassing statements about how the Earth works.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Glad there is some common sense here. I have been scratching my head on this, thinking "eh?"

How could a sinkhole in an area overrun with mines be the birth of a super volcano? Glad your answer has put that to bed for people - it can't! (not that anyone should need that reassurance, considering).

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Ben81

You keep insisting on an explosion. What is going to explode.

There certainly is nothing there that can explode or could make a tens of miles deep hole through the crust.

Sinkholes are not due to an Earth shift. They are due to surface rocks dissolving.

A basic course in geology is useful in that it becomes possible to avoid making embarrassing statements about how the Earth works.

What they are worried about EXPLODING is the salt mine that is near by (or they think might be) that is housing 1.5 million barrells worth of BUTANE! If that sink hole continues to sink and the ground becomes more unstable, that only makes things worse. The closer they get to this butane the worse things will get. Im not saying that there is a volcano or any supervolcano. But there is a possibility of one forming underneath due to the new found fault and plate movement below. Did you watch the video from dutchsinse?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've read through this thread and all I have to say is....WATCH OUT SUPER VOLCANOES COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK!

Flordia Sinkhole

LOOK OUT SWEDEN!!

NEW YORK TOO?!

COMPREHENSIVE LIST!
There's like a million sinkholes in this last link, that's like the equivalent of OVER a MILLION atom bombs! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is a joke thread right??? There's just no way anyone could possibly take this serious if they spend 5 minutes looking into this claim, haha.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by damingus

What they are worried about EXPLODING is the salt mine that is near by (or they think might be) that is housing 1.5 million barrells worth of BUTANE! If that sink hole continues to sink and the ground becomes more unstable, that only makes things worse. The closer they get to this butane the worse things will get. Im not saying that there is a volcano or any supervolcano. But there is a possibility of one forming underneath due to the new found fault and plate movement below. Did you watch the video from dutchsinse?

Why should that explode? You need an oxidizer well mixed with the material to cause an explosion. Otherwise all you get is a burn.

I don't watch videos. I have a long standing tradition here at ATS of not watching videos because they represent 30 seconds or less of reading material in a 10 minute video. They are a waste of bandwidth and time.

So what in the video is of interest?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You are referencing a movie, not reality and certainly not facts.

That is why this thread is laughable. Where's the logic?

A super-volcano CANNOT spring up overnight in a salt hole!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join