It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, The real issue, An open discussion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Nostradamus! And I really hope nuclear war can be averted

www.armageddononline.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Don't you people see what is going on here

Israel has decided to attack, media has been given order to badmouth Iran to the extreme.

And a starter of this thread is a WARMONGER who decided to get you people to soften your anti war stand
with a subtle strategy of "discussion"

I am so angry that masses are manipulated into wars, but at least you will all go down with me

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I read your OP three times and i still can't figure out why you thought you were going to get flamed.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by DeadSeraph

whatever and don't call me buddy

Hey BUDDY!

How's New Atlantis working out for ya Buddy?

I was under the impression that the old America was paradise for ya...BUDDY.

Oh yeah...PEACE...BUDDY

Well I might know a thing or two you don't. I am not getting the vibes of genuine peace from you really. If you drop the bash America thing, we might agree on a few things. Unless you want to delineate the difference between true Patriots and the globalists running amok you and I are not on the same page.
Generally True Patriots usually want to defend America and I'm not getting that vibe from you.
Would you care to convince me other wise? Otherwise you are sounding more like a young whippersnapper.
edit on 19-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What I find interesting, is that we pick and choose what the Iranian regimes rhetoric to believe. I will agree that much of the Iranian regimes rhetoric is inflammatory, yet some of the comments made by ayatollah are completely ignored or called lies. So when the ayatollah claims he has a fatwa against nuclear weapons, that is ignored or considered a lie. Yet when the ayatollah uses rhetoric against the Zionist regime, it's cold hard fact.

I just find there is a double standard where we cherry pick the bad parts of Iran while ignoring the good. We have been demonizing Iran for as long as I have been alive.

I would rather no nation had nuclear weapons and until we have conclusive prove Iran has a weapon I do not think we should be sanctioning Iran. Sanctions are the first act of war. In Iraq the sanctions killed thousands of innocent women and children. Estimates of up to 500,000 died due to the effect of sanctions. That's a weapon of mass destruction in itself.

I don't believe Iran is stupid enough to ever use a nuclear weapon on Israel, the consequences would be assured destruction. They may spout rhetoric but they are not crazy, despite how the media portrays them.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by petertheskinny

I'm begining to.

Israel has decided to attack, media has been given order to badmouth Iran to the extreme.

It looks like Iran is making their own mess by talking smack.

And a starter of this thread is a WARMONGER who decided to get you people to soften your anti war stand

Funny. You mock the OP. One of a few on this site who have actally experieced the horrors of war. A man who has seen his child off to the same horrors. A man who has served his country honourably. A man who doesn't WANT war.

I am so angry that masses are manipulated into wars, but at least you will all go down with me

I'm quite irritated with you armchair activists myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Does Iran have a right to Nuclear energy? Yes!, IMHO. Should Iran have Nukes? No! Not as long as they continue with the over the top Rhetoric, threats of closing the Straits and funding of certain Covert groups and activities.

+ Iran's economy is under pressure.

Saying that they will close SOH will help the oil price to rise ,then they can make up for the pressure from illegitimate sanctions on Iran

+ Iran doesn't want Nuclear bomb , because war makes the situation worse in mideast. If you kill more , they grow more. There will be no end. Japan scenario won't work in mideast.

+ Israel is an illegitimate state.

Israel is an invader which didn't ask the local people if they like to be ruled by them. They just invaded , Bulldozered , killed and claimed independence.They are an example of how hypocrite other counties are about human rights.

more about Israel

why ?

edit on 19-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by petertheskinny

Israel is Rothschilds and Rothschilds love to make money off war profiteering. America got too strong after WWII and the Rothschilds can't have that. Geopolitically speaking though, after WWII and the Russian bear got ramped up, Islam went with the Russian axis and after Israel was created, Israel went with US and British axis. As they say, it is what it is. For some reason liberals always want to go with the Islam thing and conservatives go with the Israel thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by petertheskinny

So.... your assertion is that the OP is a warmonger but his weapons are words???

By my dictionary that would be called "diplomacy" and inherently the opposite of warmongering.

This thread is not titled "Nuke Iran" or "Why Isreal Is Right" or "ZOMG LET'S GET IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... it's called "Iran, The real issue, An open discussion"

Let's say that together.... open discussion. No call to arms. No rhetoric. Just the tabling of ideas. If war comes it's not like it's going to be fought on ATS anyway - at least not in a meaningful or impactful manner.

Better form would be to address what the OP specifically said - rather than relying upon general or ad hom vagaries. This is how things change. This is how dialogue works.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I believe your analysis is wrong about Russia. Russia seem to be the only country concerned that the Syrian Rebels are a bunch of Islamist extremists. Concerned that the west wants to arm and support these guys. They have their own problems with Islamic extremism in Chechnya. If it were not for Russia and China the west would be in Syria helping alongside Al Qaeda.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Even the Japanese have forgiven us, they went on to become a wealthy Capitalist nation. At least till Fukushima. Now they have problems of their own making. Tokyo is very cosmopolitan too.

You want to see you are forgiven by Japaneses ?

Ask the dead people if they preferred being killed or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Your country has never had war? It has hands free of blood? ~sigh~

I'm not able to take the time to link to this so you'll have to do some of your own work here... The two atomic bombs dropped on Japan took about 199,000 lives and stopped a war that had already killed 60,000,000 people. Cherry picking 199,000 of the dead to single out seems a bit disingenuous to me.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Maybe this will put some things into perspective, and don't forget the Hidden Imam factor either, because this stuff gets complicated

www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Sure Iran has a "right" to have nukes but is it going to be good for the world?

It's not the right of America to decide what is right for the World as they have so clearly failed.

And as for all those that have nuclear ability, no one has used such weapons to kill entire cities with it...wait, yes there is such an instance. The same Nation that wants to deny anyone else the right.

And who is America to decide what is right for the World when they don't care for it themselves?

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

How about I just ask our guys at Pearl Harbor if they liked being bombed?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Don't you find it disingenuous to judge 20th century actions with a 21st century mindset

Yes, nukes are bad. If we're to judge the actions ofthe past with the foresight of the future then all our actions are suspect.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Sure Iran has a "right" to have nukes but is it going to be good for the world?

It's not the right of America to decide what is right for the World as they have so clearly failed.

And as for all those that have nuclear ability, no one has used such weapons to kill entire cities with it...wait, yes there is such an instance. The same Nation that wants to deny anyone else the right.

And who is America to decide what is right for the World when they don't care for it themselves?

Peace

I DIDNT SAY IT WAS DID I!!!!
But that doesn't mean I have to defend Iran like all the liberals. That is the difference here.
Would you rather have the UN declare what the US can do? I wonder....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

whatever and don't call me buddy

Hey BUDDY!

How's New Atlantis working out for ya Buddy?

I was under the impression that the old America was paradise for ya...BUDDY.

Oh yeah...PEACE...BUDDY

Well I might know a thing or two you don't. I am not getting the vibes of genuine peace from you really. If you drop the bash America thing, we might agree on a few things. Unless you want to delineate the difference between true Patriots and the globalists running amok you and I are not on the same page.
Generally True Patriots usually want to defend America and I'm not getting that vibe from you.
Would you care to convince me other wise? Otherwise you are sounding more like a young whippersnapper.

I don't defend America...only Americans.

I am not patriotic towards America as I am not American.

Sometimes the truth is more clear to those looking in than those within.

Do I want to defend America? No. Will I fight alongside oppressed Americans? Hell yes. Big difference here.

If you believe that America has the right to police the World and decide who is in rule of any Nation then you are right... we have nothing to talk about.

Would I care to convince you? Not at all. If you are not convinced as an American, what's the use?

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by mideast

How about I just ask our guys at Pearl Harbor if they liked being bombed?

Why not ask what they would really feel if they knew it was coming like their own Govt. did?

How would they feel then?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the voice of reason Heff

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join